F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Accessories4Less has these for sale for $849 per pair and they even throw in a cheap subwoofer to round out the bass. Does anybody have experience with these or comments? Thanks.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Interesting. While they are larger than some, the "largeness" goes vertically rather than horizontally. They might take care of my exercise room quite well.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Interesting. While they are larger than some, the "largeness" goes vertically rather than horizontally. They might take care of my exercise room quite well.
Are you referring to the EMP 1010 sub?

I like my RBH (big bro) SX-1010N subs a lot because of this vertical real estate. It's almost like a tower speaker. Why, if you stack a bookshelf above this vertical tower-like sub, it would look just like a big tower! :D

I just ordered 3 more RBH SX-1010N; I already have two. So now I can place my 5 KEF 201/2 bookshelf atop the 5 RBH SX-1010N subs.

I know I'm supposed to be SELLING, not buying more, but I just could not help myself. :D

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Are you referring to the EMP 1010 sub?

I like my RBH (big bro) SX-1010N subs a lot because of this vertical real estate. It's almost like a tower speaker. Why, if you stack a bookshelf above this vertical tower-like sub, it would look just like a big tower! :D

I just ordered 3 more RBH SX-1010N; I already have two. So now I can place my 5 KEF 201/2 bookshelf atop the 5 RBH SX-1010N subs.

I know I'm supposed to be SELLING, not buying more, but I just could not help myself. :D
No we're talking about foor standing speakers. I have three sound systems in the house and I'm trying to figure out how I want to rearrange things. The weak link in my equipment is the speaker system in my 2 channel exercise room. My wife wants me to trash it. I'm considering moving it to my office computer and adding a receiver I have in a closet. So I could buy something nice for the family room and move all the speakers down a systm or I could buy something affordable for the bedroom and move those speakers to the exercise room. I guess I could also trash the exercise room system and replace it with a smart phone and headset for that matter but that doesn't appeal much. I'm just trying to decide what to do and I'm looking for some bargains. The Focals could go on any of the systems and I think the EMP speakers recommended above could also. I don't want to spend much money because I'm saving up for a new car.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
PSBfan, your suggestion is a good one. These speakers seem to be a pretty good value and more than enough for a mid fi guy like me. I've ordered a pair in black ash. When they get here, I'll compare them to my Epos mains. Whichever speakers sound better to me will stay in the family room, and the second place speakers will go upstairs. I've read the reviews and this product gets good ones particularly given the modest price. I think I'll be glad I bought them. Thanks.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
PSBfan, your suggestion is a good one. These speakers seem to be a pretty good value and more than enough for a mid fi guy like me. I've ordered a pair in black ash. When they get here, I'll compare them to my Epos mains. Whichever speakers sound better to me will stay in the family room, and the second place speakers will go upstairs. I've read the reviews and this product gets good ones particularly given the modest price. I think I'll be glad I bought them. Thanks.
I hope that you're as happy with them as I am. I know GranteedEV and I think Grador own them as well. I'll be interested in your thoughts.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I'll my little review to the others after they arrive.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The EMPs are some of the nicest looking speakers out there, and they sound purty good too.
¬_¬
I believe it. If I were on a tight budget, I would get five E5Bi bookshelves and put them atop five ES1010 subs. :D

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
I believe it. If I were on a tight budget, I would get five E5Bi bookshelves and put them atop five ES1010 subs. :D
How about the e-41s instead of the e5bi? The aesthetics won't be as nice, but the e-41b is a fantastic speaker. I'd imagine the e-41 to be very similar. I have the e55ti, the e-41b, and revel f32. The e-41b midrange, to me, is almost as good as the f32. The e55ti, while very good, are not at the same level.

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
Obviously everyone's ears are different, but that's pretty darn impressive that 2 Emp speakers that costs 3x less than the Revels can give that kind of performance. Of course the Revel is likely never all around, but I still find that impressive for a small ID company. I've been trying to tell people that ask me that the e55ti with a little bit of EQ/boost up top is a great bargain. Acudef, one of these days you'll have to come by and have a listen. Not that it matters lol, but I'd be interested to see how they sound to someone who has heard some of the nicest speakers out there.

Also, that e-41 bookshelf seems to use a similar or the same driver as the RBH signature mid. Not sure... But just pointing it out. Too bad they're discontinued

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
The e-41s are still available. It's the e-41b that's been discontinued. Too bad indeed. It's a great little speaker. I'd imagine the e-41 to be very close, though.
To clarify, I was only saying the e-41bs midrange is almost as good as the F32s. The E55ti is good too, but not as good as either the e-41b or the Revel. To be honest, though, I haven't done any critical listening with the E55ti and I use it in a pure HT setup. If like ADTG suggested, one was to consider getting bookshelves + subs, I would go the E-41 route instead of E5bi (if room-size allows). Personally, I'd prefer the E55ti over the E5bi + sub in an HT environment, primarily for aesthetics.

J

Jimz711

Full Audioholic
I know I'm a little late in posting since a speaker selection has been made, but I have the Focal 726's, and I'm really enjoying them for the most part. My only problem is on some busy recordings, I'm hearing distortion with female vocals. It is on very few recordings, and unfortunately, they are the only speakers I have in house at this moment in time so I cannot test with other speakers. I suspect that most if not all of the issues are with the recordings since it is not happening all of the time, but my problem is I find I'm listening for the distortion instead of enjoying the music, even when the distortion is not there.

It has me thinking of auditioning some other speakers in home.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis