AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think it will work just fine. It says that it is compatible with Windows 7, so you should be good.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think it is time to get the old Resume out...:mad:
Damn economy!

Is it time to get your hands dirty again inside the hospital or another sales position?

I think I see orders for Duonebs like 50 times a day.:eek:

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Damn economy!

Is it time to get your hands dirty again inside the hospital or another sales position?

I think I see orders for Duonebs like 50 times a day.:eek:
Nope, I am just getting EFF'd. I have been the #1 Sales Rep in my region for 3 years in a row. Corporate just now released our 2011 quotas and they squished me.

Q1: 18% increase, held responsible even though the quarter is about over.

Q2: 50% increase

Q3: 48% increase

Q4: 59% increase

On top of this, they cut my territory down by half.

Normal increase is 5-10% per year.

I refused to sign off on that quota yesterday and they told me it would not be lowered. The VP of sales also said they would work to figure out something as they can't afford to lose me but I don't believe it. They just want me to produce as long as possible before I stop getting paid. My direct Manager says she is walking out with me if it comes to that.

So if things stand, they drew a line in the sand that is my quit date. I am starting my exit strategy as of now.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Nope, I am just getting EFF'd. I have been the #1 Sales Rep in my region for 3 years in a row. Corporate just now released our 2011 quotas and they squished me.

On top of this, they cut my territory down by half.

Normal increase is 5-10% per year.

I refused to sign off on that quota yesterday and they told me it would not be lowered. The VP of sales also said they would work to figure out something as they can't afford to lose me but I don't believe it. They just want me to produce as long as possible before I stop getting paid. My direct Manager says she is walking out with me if it comes to that.

So if things stand, they drew a line in the sand that is my quit date. I am starting my exit strategy as of now.
Well, that sucks.

Good luck!

digicidal

digicidal

Full Audioholic

Good Lord! WTF do they think is going on with the economy? I mean it's great that we're seeing a 'recovery' following a recession... but considering that it's nearly 100% a result of QE/QE2 and the destruction of the dollar... that ridiculous. For multi-national corporations those levels are unreasonable... for a sales rep they're just a pink slip in disguise. I hope they lose plenty when they lose you. :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
After my first round of talks with the VP, it looks like I might stay on.

I still haven't signed off on that quota but it looks like a "compensation bridge" will be put in place for me.

The VP made it every clear that he would not lose me.

On another positive note, I found 3 companies that I can get into in just 1 week of networking. Not as bad out there as I thought it would be. All 3 will match my pay but they all involve more travel which I thought I was done with.

I meet with the VP again next week. Keep your fingers crossed that it goes my way.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Good luck. Why did they even bother with such unreasonable quota increases?

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Good luck with your fight. It sound like my dad's company, they want to increase the support of their product by decreasing the number of support people. Of course, it also meant increasing the size of the region he was in charge of. Lovely.

-pat

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hey amigo sorry to hear about the job issues. It is good that you have support with your VP. Good luck and keep us posted with your decision.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Good luck. Why did they even bother with such unreasonable quota increases?
The increase will stay the same but the comp bridge will get me paid as I ramp up.

The decrease in territory will actually work in my favor as it will give me more time to focus on less accounts but that will take time to increase business that makes up for lost business in the accounts I lose.

I hit Q1 numbers yesterday with a few business days left in the quarter.

It will still be a stretch but I am pretty certain I can do it. I will keep my exit strat. in place so I am prepped either way.

Oh...and I found my resume on a thumb-drive so I don't need a floppy.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Hey amigo sorry to hear about the job issues. It is good that you have support with your VP. Good luck and keep us posted with your decision.
I have a weird sence of peace no matter how this works out. Maybe that comes with age?

Bottom line is I "own" all my accounts and I can take 75% of them with me. Most competitor companies would love to hire on a rep that brings business in the door on day 1.

I must go Mountain Bike now, I am going to burn up some persoanal days as I think through this.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Good luck bro....

I think companies like to talk a big game and look really hard at the numbers and how they can trim a little fat, up until they are awakened with looking at the hands that are truly feeding them....

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Good luck bro....

I think companies like to talk a big game and look really hard at the numbers and how they can trim a little fat, up until they are awakened with looking at the hands that are truly feeding them....

Exit strategy is in full force now; I am getting out.

They fired my Clinical Liaison last Friday and my boss on Monday. I blew out quota by 160%, time to go out on a high note.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai

They fired my Clinical Liaison last Friday and my boss on Monday. I blew out quota by 160%, time to go out on a high note.
Good luck and godspeed!

-pat

digicidal

digicidal

Full Audioholic

Hit 'em hard. Here's to hoping between your experience and the accounts you own you will be the one looking back and laughing hard at their lack of forethought. :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Hit 'em hard. Here's to hoping between your experience and the accounts you own you will be the one looking back and laughing hard at their lack of forethought. :)
Thanks, trying to figure out how my "non-compete" is going to play into this.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Good luck, Dawg.

The last time you were looking for a new job, you found one that was much better than the old.

So may your next job be even better than the last!

Let this be a blessing in disguise and move on to a better career future!

Good luck to you!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis