Flight of the Phoenix

H

hrtbeat2

Audioholic
AAA+++++ movie! The soundtrack and just the way they did the audio was UNREAL!!! A most rent and by DVD.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
I'd rent it to see what it's like, but from what I saw of the previews it is nothing like the classic with Jimmy Stewart. That one was more cerebral, this one seems like your everyday action movie.

I could be surprised though.

H

hrtbeat2

Audioholic
Their was alot of action, but what got me was how insane the audio was!! Even my wife was impressed. :eek:

I

Ilovemovies

Audioholic Intern
Hello! We loved this picture also, you are correct in that the sound quality was awsome, as well, At first I had a little trouble with Dennis Quade's "character" lol, I thought he was a**! but then it all came togethor ....

Another movie which blew me away in terms of the "audio" was Blade 2, It's rather a graphic gory movie, but the audio in it was superb!we have a 6.1 system and of all the movies i have seen thus far , I would say that Blade 2 really gave our 6.1 a good work out!

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
After hearing a few comments on the LFE in this movie, decided to re-watch in Bluray via Neflix since only saw the SD and without the Ultra. WOW :eek: If you want a sub workout, and have not tried this, you must. Need to pick me a copy now to have around for demo, and the movie is tolerable too. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'd call it a decent movie at best with the only stand out being the audio. This isn't exactly news or anything, this is one of the recommended movies for LFE. The movie itself wasn't that great IMO though.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Old thread. While the BD movie has an incredible sub-workout during the crash scene and overall good audio, it's otherwise pretty flat. The acting is nothing special and at best uninspiring. The story plays out in a way that left me not caring if the characters survived or not. If it wasn't for the great audio track, I doubt I would've finished watching it.

If people feel the need to buy it for sub demo material, do so from Amazon's used section, where it can be found cheap and plentiful.

Jack

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The storm before the crash had all the bass :) Some crazy house shaking bass, but it still didn't make up for a lackluster movie.

T

timone

Junior Audioholic
I've never even heard of the movie until people started talking about how good the audio was. I bought it out of curiosity and indeed the audio is pretty good. Very very realistic.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Holy moly, the audio is insane in this one! I finally got around to renting the BD from Netflix. My wife got up and ran out of the room when the plane was going down...:D Felt like I was going down with it. Awesome LFE. I may have to purchase it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis