FIRST EVER Pioneer Elite THX Select2

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Yep, I paid a million for it. And I feel I robbed the bank. Also you will see my massive 15" Sony (music only) screen. Movies are on the 120" screen. No picture of that because projector is packed away, awaiting Home Theater room being built. As you can see, the last thing to pack is the Totally Awesome Stereo. And yes the 1015tx is quite nice........

Attachments

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
Pioneer ?????

Behind the game in home theater receivers if you ask me.

R

rumble

Audioholic
Aliixer said:
Behind the game in home theater receivers if you ask me.
The Elite line is not bad at all. The 1015 is basically an Elite 52tx. What other receiver has THX select 2 certification and sells for around $400?

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Very snazzy setup. I think that that screen is very cool looking. Now onto the kidding. Love the new Pioneer Elite badge. Can you get the scotch tape in the original gold?

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Sure can, but cost another million.................
See below, of course its off center, can't expect everything from a prototype.

Attachments

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Super rad setup, brah! Is that one of the original test models? Totally cranking! Saw one of those at the CESPOUL expo in Kalamazoo back in '98 paired with Martinpan Puppydog 609ti speakers. Total sonic bliss. Like an inner ear orgasm. I don't know if it was the adamantium dome tweeters, the silk ribbon mids, the paper impregnated beetle shell woofers, the 45hz gut buster built in 3" horn sub, all the windows and mirrors around the room, or the warm glow of the fins on that solid state amp. All I know is that for one short moment of my life, I heard the most crystal clear lows, honey dripping, chocolatey, peanut-buttery mids, and punchy highs.

Just make sure you get a 2ga hospital grade power cord for that baby, it likes a lot a clean power to push those 25 watts – but those are 25 high power watts! I’ve seen that piece take 5 B&W Nautilus wired in series – to EACH channel! Not even break a sweat! That’s one powerful piece. Just make sure you keep those cables off the ground, the unit on a base isolation system, and never EVER turn it off. If you do, you have to go through the 500 hour break-in period all over again. Enjoy the music brah! Keep it under 11 or you’ll knock satellites out of orbit.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
I saw the same setup at Magonlia Hi-Fi the other day. But it was the newer model with the gold tape.

Seriously, describe your jukebox setup you are using. What software, connection to your HT and LCD screen etc. I'm currently using a Hauppauge Media MVP to stream my MP3 collection in iTunes to my HT. While it works well considering the $90 price tag I'm always looking for the next "new tech" that will be easier to use. I'm not looking for an HTPC in my HT though. I've also been thinking of getting a small LCD to show the OSD interface without having to turn on the TV. Not that I need it but it's looks pretty cool. :cool:

Thanks

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis