Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
Well I’ve always wanted to buy one and try it out. My budget is around $1000 cdn. Used I can find lots of 4b’s or a 3bst. I’ll be using a emotiva ta-100 as a pre and the speakers are monitor audio silver 2. I don’t need much power but wanted to make sure I had headroom for future upgrades. Is it worth getting the 3bst over a 4b. I was hoping I could get the 4bsst but they are still a lot of money used. I may keep my eye out for any others that pop up. My other choice was a emotiva xpa2. I have a few emotiva amps already and like them but want to see what all the fuss is about with bryston.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Do you have to buy one just to see what the fuss is about?

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
No I need an amp. Right now I’m using the emotiva intergated amp that’s 50watts a ch. I feel like it would be an improvement to add an amp in. Was thinking emotiva xpa 2 but again I’ve always wanted to try a bryston amp. I know they are very popular so I want to try one but can’t afford the newer versions.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Well I’ve always wanted to buy one and try it out. My budget is around $1000 cdn. Used I can find lots of 4b’s or a 3bst. I’ll be using a emotiva ta-100 as a pre and the speakers are monitor audio silver 2. I don’t need much power but wanted to make sure I had headroom for future upgrades. Is it worth getting the 3bst over a 4b. I was hoping I could get the 4bsst but they are still a lot of money used. I may keep my eye out for any others that pop up. My other choice was a emotiva xpa2. I have a few emotiva amps already and like them but want to see what all the fuss is about with bryston.
I may be selling my SST that is in excellent condition, but where are you located?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis