Fire TV box HDMI issue.

D

Deadhorse

Enthusiast
I recently removed my Blue Ray player from my A/V set up and replaced it with a Amazon Fire TV box, I plugged the box into the same HDMI in port on my Denon AVR 789 receiver that I had removed the Blue Ray player from and it worked fine. The issue I'm having is with my Xbox One, also running through the HDMI on the receiver, when I switch the HDMI input to the Xbox it works long enough to show the Xbox home screen but then the receiver switches back to the Fire TV HDMI input. At first I thought it might be because the Fire TV box is essentially always on but that doesn't make sense because at one point I had a cable box, Blue Ray player and the Xbox all running through the HDMI and would switch between them with all three on and never had this issue before, any ideas?

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
I recently removed my Blue Ray player from my A/V set up and replaced it with a Amazon Fire TV box, I plugged the box into the same HDMI in port on my Denon AVR 789 receiver that I had removed the Blue Ray player from and it worked fine. The issue I'm having is with my Xbox One, also running through the HDMI on the receiver, when I switch the HDMI input to the Xbox it works long enough to show the Xbox home screen but then the receiver switches back to the Fire TV HDMI input. At first I thought it might be because the Fire TV box is essentially always on but that doesn't make sense because at one point I had a cable box, Blue Ray player and the Xbox all running through the HDMI and would switch between them with all three on and never had this issue before, any ideas?
On the amazon see if cec or HDMI link is turned on. Not sure exactly what its called, but it will turn on the tv ect through the hdmi connection. It might be what is tripping the receiver to that input.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Unplug the fire TV box when not in use? I have experienced similar issues because it never turns fully off, but CEC could also be part of the issue.

S

ScottAllenLogan

Audioholic Intern
The Fire TV seems to have the most strength in commanding an open lane through HDMI when HDMI control is turned on and it's powered up. You have to either shut down HDMI control, or simply make sure Fire TV is actually turned off before you switch to Xbox. I have a similar issue and I solved it by putting a step in on my harmony remote that shuts down Fire TV whenever I switch to something else. That should solve it, but just know that if you have a Fire Remote laying around that's linked to your unit, just bumping any key on it will wake it and it'll pull the priority on your HDMI in again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis