Finally! The "Big Rig" is up & running!

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Some of you may recall that I moved into a new house at the end of April...Well, I finally got the "Big Rig" hooked up again! I sold my PJ to my sister with the idea of getting a new one once I got settled in, so that's next on my list. I think I'll build an HT system in my basement with a dedicated music system upstairs.:D Not sure if the upstairs rig will be tubes/2CH or still MC in some form, but I'll figure it out as I go along.;)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I think I'll build an HT system in my basement with a dedicated music system upstairs.:D Not sure if the upstairs rig will be tubes/2CH or still MC in some form, but I'll figure it out as I go along.;)
Hi Rob,

One of each sounds about right!:cool:

Have fun,
SBF1

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

If I go MC upstairs I'll probably leave my tubed Butler TDB-3150 in the music rig- my Denon AVR-3805 has plenty of power to do HT, especially with subs. I hooked up my ACEi S.O.S. , too. Wow!:eek: Very nice! For those unfamiliar with it, it's a fully automatic, single band parametric sub EQ with its own mic. You place the mic where you'd normally sit and it runs test tones to determine the single biggest response peak in the room, then automatically compensates for it. Obviously there could be several peaks, and it only handles one, but in my room that made a huge improvement. And if I want to get another one they can be daisy-chained to cover 2. The sad thing is I bought it off Agon about 8 months ago and never got around to trying it out!:eek:

Right now I'm probably getting the best sound I've had in my home, and I haven't even had a chance to tweak things yet.:D

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Cool. Congrats on moving up in the HT ladder. Keep us posted on your progress...

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
Setting things up in new digs is always fun:)

Well........providing you don't move too often.:D

Enjoy.....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis