Finally pulled the trigger

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
No, I am not talking about the wife :eek:

I just moments ago clicked the order button on my new SVS 20-39PC-Plus subwoofer (is it here yet?!?)

The anticipation is going to be the end of me (is it here yet?!?). As I clicked the button I felt my heart skip a beat and then race up to about 120b/min (is it here yet?!?) and is still up there.

I would like to thank all in this forum for their thoughts, opinions, (is it here yet?!?) and time as without all of you I would still be a closet audioholic and never really truly experiencing (is it here yet?!?) the pleasure of buying something you know you are going to love (neighbours, well that is a different story, but I can always get new neighbours :D)

I shall now resign myself to the corner of a room for the next 8 to 10 days and wait for the doorbell to ring (is it here yet?!?)

Cheers to all and yes I will post pics
Michael

(is it here yet?!?)

Guess I need to change the sig to "on order" instead of "coming soon"

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Congrats on your purchase, I know you will love it, and I completely understand the anticipation... I'm just glad that mine only took like 3 days to arrive :D

Be sure to give us a review once you get it all setup and calibrated.

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
GlocksRock,

3 days would be sweet. Worst part is that I am doing basement renos and the sub will be here before the renos are done. I will most like setup a lawn chair in the garage and have coffee with my sub every morning until I can bring it in and set it up.

Actually, maybe the wife will let me set it up in the bedroom. hmmmmmmmm...... probably not.

Wonder how many times I will check my e-mail and the tracking site before it gets here?

Cheers
Michael

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Contrats on your new toy. I about wore out the tracking site during the week I waited for my Plus/2. :D

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
agarwalro,

:D

rnatalli,

Yeah, it has been an hour and my heart is still up there and I have gone back to look at the picture at least a half dozen times. Maybe I should have jumped in my car and driven there to pick it up. Would only take 4 days there and four days back. I could strap it in to the passenger seat and half it beside me in half the time as shipping.

(is it here yet?!?)

cheers

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Congratulations!

Ahhh, the nature of internet ordering - instant in-your-chair ordering gratification, followed by the agonizing wait for the delivery truck. If it helps you feel better, I waited three months for my SVS (because I pre-ordered it). So, you should get your audio satisfaction much faster than that! Just try not to kiss the delivery driver when he/she shows up with that bad boy. Getting my jaw wired shut after the driver slugged me extended my wait time to get the sub hooked up (stupid ambulance showed up before I got it fully out of the box), but the Ultra was worth it. :)

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
hey adam,

Yeah the hurry up and wait is a pain but at the end of it all, well worth it. I hate pre-orders. Have done a few myself and time really seems to slow down as the release date approaches.

No worries about kissing the driver(s). Small town so always the same delivery drivers for UPS/post office and they are nothing to even come within ten feet of. Maybe I will just get the wife to come to the door with me, but then if I kiss the box instead of her she might think I love my new sub more than I do her. Might be another trigger being pulled then :D

Anyway, hope the jaw got better in time for it to drop when you cranked on the new Ultra.

Damn, it has only been 3 1/2 hours since I oredered it :confused:

Cheers

B

Bloodstriker

Full Audioholic
8 - 10 Days? Man, you guys are so lucky down in the states. My PB-Ultra13 is still on preorder and I think I'll be lucky if I get it before Novemember!

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
Bloodstriker,

I am canadian through and through and live in Calgary Alberta. The 8-10 days is from sonicboom, the canadian reseller for SVS. I have heard a few negatives about them and their shipping times, but I am blocking those from my mind as I would go crazy waiting any longer than that.

November hey, man that would be tough. When I get mine I will crank it up an extra db or two or even three for you.

I hope your pre-order turns to a shipment very soon

Cheers
Michael

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
It took me nearly a month after ordering for me to get my PB12-Plus. I sincerely hope that your's arrive within the 8-10 day window.

leo1058

leo1058

Audioholic
Congrats, when i ordered mine. I tracked it all the way. When it arrived in my local airport, i called the shipping company they told me it was going to take another day untill i it could ship. Screw that i got in my truck and pick it up 10min till they closed. Ohhh happy Day

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
well I spoke to Mason at sonicboom this morning (e-mail) and my sub will be delivered by next Friday, right on the 8 day mark.

The next week is going to be painful.

Oh the anticpation

Cheers

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
WOOHOO :D:D:D:D

My sub arrives tomorrow!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Gasman,

I completely agree. I think it is the smartest purchase I have made yet for my HT

Thanks again to all those on the board for all there assistance

Cheers
Michael

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
You won't be dissapointed in it, just make sure to set the gain to the 9 o clock position when you begin calibration, you don't want to have it too high and risk bottoming it out, but you will be amazed at what that thing can do.

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
Thanks for the tip GlocksRock, I will be sure to do that.

Biggest problem I have right now is that my HT area is under construction, about 1/2 done. At least this will be a huge incentive to get my *** in gear. Might have to set it up in the living room for "testing" to make sure it "works". Yeah, that's it, that is what I will tell the wife, she will buy that. :D

Cheers and thanks again
Michael

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
UPS just called me by mistake; they told me to tell you that your sub fell of the truck and was hit by another truck. It will take ~ 6 weeks to get your new sub.

WOOHOO :D:D:D:D

My sub arrives tomorrow!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Gasman,

I completely agree. I think it is the smartest purchase I have made yet for my HT

Thanks again to all those on the board for all there assistance

Cheers
Michael

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis