Finally...new speakers (...almost)

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
I finally made the decision of upgrading speakers thanks to this very informative site, and especially some suggestions of its members (thanks Gene!!!:)). I got an excellent deal on a pair of Paradigm Studio 60 v4 (floor model) in pristine condition just couldn't find a blemish, nada, zip), with full warranty from the dealer (5 years). I also got a subwoofer, Paradigm, PDR-8. I haven't set them up yet, probably tomorrow. I had to repack my old speakers which I'm going to put for sale....just look at the picture and see for yourself the quantum leap forward I took:D.

More pictures as soon as I get everything set up.

I have one question though, the serial number on both Paradigm speakers, is not consecutive, #45574 and #45578....is that an issue????. The dealer said it was fine.

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
I forgot to add the picture....sorry:eek:

Last edited:
R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats on the new gear! Don't worry about the serial numbers.

W

waxey

Junior Audioholic
Good choice

Nice speakers The studio 60 V4s are much better than the newer V5s in my opinion as they cut the mid range & bass speaker sise by about 2".I tested the 60V5 and they didn't sound as good as my studio 40 V4s;which I wanted to upgrade from.I ended up with Studio 100 V5s which are great. Anyway enjoy the sound. Waxey

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Nice speakers The studio 60 V4s are much better than the newer V5s in my opinion as they cut the mid range & bass speaker sise by about 2".I tested the 60V5 and they didn't sound as good as my studio 40 V4s;which I wanted to upgrade from.I ended up with Studio 100 V5s which are great. Anyway enjoy the sound. Waxey
I thought of getting the 60v5, brand new. I spent a lot of time auditioning both, and I thought that the v4 sounded a tad better, but what really tipped the balance on their favor was the price, it was almost USD 1,000 difference, so with what I saved I got the subwoofer and I'll buy a center channel soon, and I'll will still have some spare change to but some more SACD:D

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats, dude. Definitely a huge upgrade from those Bose 701s :D

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Here are a few pictures of my new setup. I can't get used to the new sound, some bass is missing. I haven't run Audissey yet as I have tried to do everything manually, but there's definitely something lacking or I'm way too used to the Bose sound:eek:

Last edited:
O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
Give it some time for your ears to adjust. Most likely you are not used to the clean sound. Often times, well defined bass is mistaken for less bass. You're no longer getting the bloated sound from the Bose. Your sub does look a bit on the small side. Might want to think about a new sub for the next upgrade.

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Give it some time for your ears to adjust. Most likely you are not used to the clean sound. Often times, well defined bass is mistaken for less bass. You're no longer getting the bloated sound from the Bose. Your sub does look a bit on the small side. Might want to think about a new sub for the next upgrade.
Thanks oppman. I'm pretty sure that besides some tweaking here and there, it's just a matter of getting used to clean sound. Regarding the sub, the room is not that big, 13,7ft x 14.9ft, so I think it'll get the job done....but I've thought of getting the PDR-10....we'll see:)

Patrick_Wolf

Patrick_Wolf

Audioholic
Thanks oppman. I'm pretty sure that besides some tweaking here and there, it's just a matter of getting used to clean sound. Regarding the sub, the room is not that big, 13,7ft x 14.9ft, so I think it'll get the job done....but I've thought of getting the PDR-10....we'll see:)
Pssst... subwoofers

Those are some nice speakers. You'll need an equally nice sub to do them justice.

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
I just added a pair of Studio 10 v5 for surround duties. I haven't set them up properly yet as I'm planning on getting a center channel tomorrow, probably Paradigm CC490, but let me tell you, so far the difference in sound is incredible and these little speakers are beautiful. I can't believe how good the music sounds now :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis