Finally bought my 1st real subwoofer :D

B

bigpow

Audioholic Intern
After many years of life situations and deliberations, I finally pulled the trigger on eD A5-350 - took advantage of their Thanksgiving pricing.

So excited - already prepared the house to receive the big black box.

I read that my current power conditioner, APC H15 couldn't handle the subwoofer's in rush current so I'm planning to use a regular APC power strip, on a separate outlet for the subwoofer.

Any hints for this sub-noob? :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Placement is very important in order to get the most out of your sub. Read about sub-crawling and corner loading, and so forth. You can ask for advice here or in ED's forums for tips on placement. Trust me, where you put your sub will make a big difference.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Congrats on finally stepping up and getting a nice sub, it will make all the difference in the world. Post pics if you can once you get it all setup.

B

bigpow

Audioholic Intern
-Update-
A5-350 is in the house:

Just got my SPL meter so that I can calibrate it properly, but even without calibration and placement check, it sounds awesome already.

Check out the size of this beast, it dwarfs everything else in my living room.

RayoVac

RayoVac

Audioholic Intern
Very nice, I did not realize they print the name on the cone... looks pretty slick. Let us know your impressions once you get it all setup.

B

bigpow

Audioholic Intern
Very nice, I did not realize they print the name on the cone... looks pretty slick. Let us know your impressions once you get it all setup.
It's great, not that it's saying much coming from a guy who's only had HTIB "subwoofers" LOL

Also... take a photo a bit back farther so we can compare the size to other items! ;)
Room's a mess - the tower is Polk T90e (Monitor 60) and The TV is a 42" LCD.
That should give you an idea :)

RayoVac

RayoVac

Audioholic Intern
Room's a mess - the tower is Polk T90e (Monitor 60) and The TV is a 42" LCD.
That should give you an idea :)
I guess I meant to give me an idea how big the sub is, to get an idea of scale. Clean your room up so you can take the picture!!! :D

M

monsterman

Audioholic
I wish we could have a video section of the forum where we can see these beasts in action. Its nice to show off 1000's of watts at to other audioholics.

Knucklehead90

Knucklehead90

Audioholic
Nice sub!

I have the same sub in the down-firing model. It doubles as an end table. Every time I play something with heavy LFEs I have to grab my beer!

It is BIG!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis