Fight Night Round 4 or New UFC game

S

speakEZ

Audioholic
Heard these were out and was wondering if anyone has picked them up.

I have played all the other Fight Night's and thought they were awesome. Reviews say this one is good too and I'm sure it is.

Anyone played the UFC game yet?:D

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I've played the demos for both, and I would go with Fight Night Round 4.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I do like the new control scheme, but FNR4 isn't on my list of must haves. UFC Unleashed is a lot of fun and I like it more, but the groundwork controls take a bit of getting used to.

S

speakEZ

Audioholic
Yeah I was wondering how complicated the controls would be for UFC. Seems like there are a ton of options.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The striking options are pretty simple, but the take down and submission controls need to be practiced to get them to be effective.

D

DKqwerty

Audiophyte
I hope the Total Punch Control on FN:R4 is better than R3. R2 was probably the best in the series so far.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Heard these were out and was wondering if anyone has picked them up.

I have played all the other Fight Night's and thought they were awesome. Reviews say this one is good too and I'm sure it is.

Anyone played the UFC game yet?:D
Are you on PS3 or 360? If on PS3, I know both are in the demo downloads on the Playstation Store. I don't know anything about the 360 network demo availability.

I tried both games and I did not particularly like either one(but keep in mind I'm ridiculously picky and only about 1% of available games ever interest me enough to play them more than an hour), but the graphics on the models in UFC are superb, that's for sure.... but the ring floor texture is rough looking on the PS3 version; the 360 has higher res texture on the ring floor graphics; other than that, I did not see a difference on the models between the platforms. Fight Night's graphics are also excellent, but the models don't look very much like the people they are supposed to represent, unlike the UFC game, which did a remarkable job with likenesses. I suspect UFC actually used body/face scans of the characters, where as Fight Night just had the model makers 'fudge' likeness by eye.

-Chris

S

speakEZ

Audioholic
Are you on PS3 or 360? If on PS3, I know both are in the demo downloads on the Playstation Store. I don't know anything about the 360 network demo availability.

I tried both games and I did not particularly like either one(but keep in mind I'm ridiculously picky and only about 1% of available games ever interest me enough to play them more than an hour), but the graphics on the models in UFC are superb, that's for sure.... but the ring floor texture is rough looking on the PS3 version; the 360 has higher res texture on the ring floor graphics; other than that, I did not see a difference on the models between the platforms. Fight Night's graphics are also excellent, but the models don't look very much like the people they are supposed to represent, unlike the UFC game, which did a remarkable job with likenesses. I suspect UFC actually used body/face scans of the characters, where as Fight Night just had the model makers 'fudge' likeness by eye.

-Chris
I am on the PS3. I have talked the brother into buying the FN4 and I'll get the UFC. I have been waiting for a good MMA fight game for some time. Hope it satisfies.:D

Gaigebacca

Gaigebacca

Audioholic
I have played both pretty extensively. I played UFC for about a week, and I now own FN4, and I would go with FN4 all the way. After long enough with UFC and only three real variations of fighting styles... it can get pretty stale... I like the fight system in FN4 alot more. It allows for much more variation in your fights, no two fights will EVER be the same, and the lean/bob/block/ and punching style are fluid enough that you can really incorporate your own style of fighting into the game, and be successful.

A

add1t

Enthusiast
UFC is boring
I played it for 2 hours and got sleepy
I'm more in to FNR4
I can play this game everyday without getting bored :D

S

speakEZ

Audioholic
I couldn't help it. I hate summertime television!! I went out and bought UFC about a week ago, and I gotta say, I like it a lot. It is a lot more complicated than at least FN Round 3. Different kinda game all to gather I guess, but I like it. I can certainly tell it is going to take some real practice to be a master at the ground game. The only thing I don't like are the million different menu options you have to go through just to put your newly awarded sponsorship logo on your trunks. The last complaint that I have is that your fighter doesn't age and Dana White forces you into retirement after so long.

I give UFC an 8/10!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I couldn't help it. I hate summertime television!! I went out and bought UFC about a week ago, and I gotta say, I like it a lot. It is a lot more complicated than at least FN Round 3. Different kinda game all to gather I guess, but I like it. I can certainly tell it is going to take some real practice to be a master at the ground game. The only thing I don't like are the million different menu options you have to go through just to put your newly awarded sponsorship logo on your trunks. The last complaint that I have is that your fighter doesn't age and Dana White forces you into retirement after so long.

I give UFC an 8/10!!
Yep. Like I said, the stand up portion is pretty simple, but the ground game takes practice. Now that I know how to work the submissions, it is a LOT more interesting.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis