Feedback or experience with the Martin Logan Motion 60XTI???

Ledformyhead

Ledformyhead

Junior Audioholic
Does anyone have any experience with these speakers? ML has their new Motion Line out now and these are the previous generation. I'm looking to maybe purchase the towers and matching 50 XTI Center. Currently I own the SVS Ultra Towers in Gloss Black and the match Ultra Center in the same. I like the Ultras Home Theater performance but their two channel is not up to my standards. I'd love to listen to these speakers but they are nowhere to be found now that they are discontinued.....at least nowhere to listen to them!

Any feedback on the 60 XTI's in particular would be greatly appreciated. Particularly their two channel performance.

I'm currently powering the Ultras with the Monolith 7 X 200 amp running through my Pioneer Elite SC-LX 701 AVR that I'm using as a pre-pro. I listen to classic rock for the most part and I'm looking for something that excels with that genre and doesn't break the damn bank!

Fyi....if anyone is interested in the Ultra Front Stage let me know. I'm putting the mains and center up for sale. I'm in York, Pa.

B

Bonscott

Audioholic
I have the ML 60 XTi. Also the 50xti center. I mostly listen to classic rock. IMO they sound fantastic 2 channel HT both
Marantz AV7706 with an Emotiva XPA-7

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure why the speakers wouldn't be sufficient in two ch mode but fine in others except for your setup perhaps.....personally I'd look at better speakers overall than the ones you mention if the current ones are actually the issue. How do you like the main ML line of electrostatics?

B

Bonscott

Audioholic
Not sure why the speakers wouldn't be sufficient in two ch mode but fine in others except for your setup perhaps.....personally I'd look at better speakers overall than the ones you mention if the current ones are actually the issue. How do you like the main ML line of electrostatics?
You may be right that he does not need new speakers. Speakers just like music are very subjective. So “better speakers overall”. Unless money is not a factor in the decision. There is no such thing

G

GuyInLA

Enthusiast
I have the Motion 60XT/50XT (before the i) and I enjoy them for movies and music. I have spent a lot of time listening to the XTi followups and for listening and enjoyment, I didn't notice any influential difference. So, if you have played a general sample of media you like, and you had an inclination toward the 60/50 XTI I feel comfortable suggesting that you won't be disappointed.

Note: I also have and regularly enjoy MartinLogan Montis electrostats.

Ledformyhead

Ledformyhead

Junior Audioholic
Fyi...I went to hear the 60 XTI's along with the new release the F100's and the 60 XTI's had some issues with classic rock at volume....particularly in the AMT area. They screamed at times. Now the room was less than ideal (understatement) but I was able to tell the the F100 is the superior speaker in both bass (with feel and texture) and in the AMT area. A new bigger motor apparently keeps that more in line. Still it's hard to tell how good they were in that room and compared to the poor 60 XTI performance.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Fyi...I went to hear the 60 XTI's along with the new release the F100's and the 60 XTI's had some issues with classic rock at volume....particularly in the AMT area. They screamed at times. Now the room was less than ideal (understatement) but I was able to tell the the F100 is the superior speaker in both bass (with feel and texture) and in the AMT area. A new bigger motor apparently keeps that more in line. Still it's hard to tell how good they were in that room and compared to the poor 60 XTI performance.
If it’s better probably not set up with proper room Correction , then it’s better even with proper set up and stuff. The hard part for me is carrying speakers over 50 pounds. So I rely on subs for bass duty. they get high praise on avs forums.

Ledformyhead

Ledformyhead

Junior Audioholic
If it’s better probably not set up with proper room Correction , then it’s better even with proper set up and stuff. The hard part for me is carrying speakers over 50 pounds. So I rely on subs for bass duty. they get high praise on avs forums.
No there was no EQ and no subs which is always how I want to hear a speaker. I can tell without all that what I have to work with "from scratch" as it were.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis