Favorite Surround Settings For Your Yamaha RX AVR?

J

jumpnblues

Audioholic Intern
I'm trying to decide which surround settings I prefer with my RX-667 and RX-765, especially for music...7 channel stereo? One of the other "Movie" or "Music" settings? Enhanced or not, etc? What are yours?

Tom

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I listen to music in plain old stereo. That sounds best to me. I hate 7 channel stereo. The DSP modes just add reverb and I don't like that effect.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Straight for music & movies. Music neo6 for simulating surround on 2 channel TV.

I'm with Hi Ho and don't like the effects that DSP's apply in general.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I use Surround Decode for video content. That puts it in ProLogic II Movie for 2 channel content and straight for 5.1 content.

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
Stereo for me as well. Of course, I only have 2 speakers. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
For 2 channel, I use pure direct mode. For sports events on TV, I use the sport mode which really adds a degree of realism to hockey games. For moveis, I've tried straight and action but I couldn't hear much added benefit.

J

jumpnblues

Audioholic Intern
Anyone tried tweaking a DSP mode to taste? As far as stereo goes, it seems to me 7 channel beats 2 channel since you have sound through 7 channels/speakers vs 2. Seems to me it fills the room up more. However, I'll have to admit some of the 2.1 settings sound pretty darn good, even without the extra speakers.

Tom

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Anyone tried tweaking a DSP mode to taste? As far as stereo goes, it seems to me 7 channel beats 2 channel since you have sound through 7 channels/speakers vs 2. Seems to me it fills the room up more. However, I'll have to admit some of the 2.1 settings sound pretty darn good, even without the extra speakers.

Tom
Filling something up more isn't always better.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis