JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
I did a search, this one didn't come up. Excuse me if it's been done before.
Favorite song. Not an entire album. Can be any genre, instrumental to solo. You get one.

Van Morrison, Sweet Thing.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Will this account for a point in time? Cause as music comes out, favorites usually change. I'll need time before I can answer this one.

SheepStar

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Detroit Rock City - KISS

All time fav from all the way back in elementary school.

DJ

chateaubriand

chateaubriand

Audiophyte
There is one thing for sure, whatever my favorite song is today is highly unlikely to remain tomorrow. Music, man, so much goodness.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
DJ, I grew up on classic KISS. :cool: I got thrown out of the neighborhood watering hole when I was a kid for playing that very song over and over. :)

Obviously we can't speculate on music that isn't written, although it seems more and more of it is just rehashed. It seems like it's all been done. Truly new and unique music is getting harder to find IMO.

You're favorite is that one song that can't be replaced, no matter how much great music comes out.

J

Justin1996

Enthusiast
L'aquoiboniste , a French song, wish I didn't spell it wrong!

Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
Layla ... from the Unplugged album

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

H

hankki

Junior Audioholic
Difficult to choose one, or even two, but two songs I still listen a lot to is:
Deep Purple "Child in time" Live from Stockholm 1970 (18 minute musical orgasm), This version is much better than the made in Japan version. https://open.spotify.com/track/0B7EUeJ1PUmdH1SX17ff8L

The other one is Rainbow "Catch the rainbow", also live version (15 min) from Germany 1976 found on "On stage"
https://open.spotify.com/track/0GdrpO7lOCvH9YXZ399JSq

The reason is simple, I just love Ritchie Blackmores guitar sound on these early to mid 70's songs. I also like how especially the rainbow LP is mixed/mastered so all instruments are heard through the song and not like nowadays when the instruments often "take turns". The past days I've listened a lot to the bass in "Catch the rainbow" RIP Jimmy Bain.

IT Man

IT Man

Enthusiast
I love the works of April Nhem. Listen to her songs on Soundcloud :)

D

Don Wrighter

Enthusiast
Rolling Stones - Can't Always Get what you want off Let it Bleed.

J

Jaybeez

Junior Audioholic
My favorite song is usually the whatever is latest from my singer / songwriter daughter.

Besides that, Echoes. For me nothing else comes close.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
"Too Sexy For My Shirt" ...........LOL!!!! Just kidding.....LOL!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Cheers,

Phil

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Too many 'favorites' in my head but this comes close: "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who. Seems when there's an election coming up the radio stations always play it.

Cosmic Char

Cosmic Char

Audioholic
Eyes of The World or Terrapin Station. I go back and forth on this, as I love the lyrics foe eyes. However, the composition for Terrapin Station is just amazing. For those of you who have not had the priviledge, it is the Grateful Dead.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
The 4 Strings "Take Me Away". This is a house/dance song. I have at least a dozen DJ mixes of the tune. I love the video of it too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis