Favorite Instrument To Listen To

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
For myself I like well recorded percussion/drums. I love the accurate sounds of a snare, toms, hi-hat, crash cymbal, splash cymbal etc where it sounds like the drummer is playing live right in your living room....

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Too many to list, but if I HAD to pick one it would be the piano. I've got a full cd book of solo keyboard works. Other chamber or orchestral with piano are categorized elsewhere. ;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Excellent question. Probably drums, as well. Either that, or the vocal cords of Jun Shibata (if those count).

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Excellent question. Probably drums, as well. Either that, or the vocal cords of Jun Shibata (if those count).
Vocals count for sure. Can't really get a more natural instrument than human beings.

B

Billy S

Audioholic Intern
I got to say guitar. Although there are times when I hear others, that just makes me shake my head and just think "incredible". But guitars are by far my most favorite.

And here's one of my all time favorite guitar solos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBNJ52YSKww

Check it out!

Billy

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Drums with a Jazz microphone setup (Overheads only). I dislike the rock drum sound (IE: 7 mics on the snare alone).

Some forms of guitar too, but others are too processed.

SheepStar

F

fox

Audioholic
Drums I think, although guitar is right up there too. To me, a good drummer can bring a lot.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Too many to list; but if I had to choose.
The sax; an example would be Junior Walker's signature saxophone solo in Foreigner's song, 'Urgent'
A good guitar, acoustic or electric.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
For myself I like well recorded percussion/drums. I love the accurate sounds of a snare, toms, hi-hat, crash cymbal, splash cymbal etc where it sounds like the drummer is playing live right in your living room....

Wow good question...So many draw me in when played well...

Drums are the easy answer but I'll be more specific. Drums tuned so they ring always makes me smile.:) Good examples would be Neil Pearts concert tom toms (single headed toms he used back in the day:)) & Chad Smith's (Red Hot Chili Peppers) snare on "Soul to Squeeze".

SBF1

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Strictly by itself? Yuck... If I have to choose, then my orders is as follows:

#1) Violin
#2) Cello
#3) Flute
#4) Saxophone
#5) Clarinet
#6) String bass or bass guitar (the instrument I played in high school)
#7) Acoustic guitar
#8) Piano
#9) Synthetic bass drums
#10) Harp

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I used to play clarinet, so I still have an ear for it in music or solo, but most of the reed instruments sound good to me. If I were going to buy music just to listen though, it would be piano or violin at the tops.

D

Davidt1

Full Audioholic
You know what's really interesting is the classical guitar was never regarded as a serious concert instrument. Consequently, few famous composers wrote music for the guitar. So when Andrew Segovia began playing for the public he had to transcribe music originally written for other instruments such as the violin, cello and piano to play on his beloved instrument. As it turned out, many of these violin, cello and piano pieces sound better on the guitar than the instruments they were originally written for. The Bach's Chaconne in D minor comes to mind as an example. This piece is so famous that it has been played on many instruments. However, it's most suited for the guitar.

yuki

yuki

Enthusiast
I love the piano, due mainly because of complex harmonics. But also adore the violin and cello just as much. Below that is the harp for me.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis