Favorite Cover Songs and Why?

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Dwight Yokum - Wichita Lineman
Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower
Richie Havens - Here Comes The Sun
Dwight Yokum. Love the song, "A thousand miles from nowhere". Was in a great Western Noir movie from the 90s, Red Rock West....Not a cover but posting anyway...

R

rjplummer

Enthusiast
I really like most of Disturbed's covers (Land of Confusion, Shout, etc.) and Type O Negative has had some great covers (Cinnamon Girl, Summer Breeze, Day Tripper)) over the years as well .
I also enjoy eccentric covers

Of course one could argue that Dylan's always done eccentric covers of himself

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I can't help but play! :D

Another cut featuring Alison Mosshart (The Kills)... The Deadweather performing Are Friends Electric:

Herbie Hancock, Michael Brecker performing Mercy Street:

Cake performing War Pigs:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I can't help but play! :D

Another cut featuring Alison Mosshart (The Kills)... The Deadweather performing Are Friends Electric:
How about when the actual artist "covers" his own song? He is on tour right now....I was thinking about getting tix

I saw the last date on this tour with NIN and Bauhaus. This was one of the best parts of the show IMO

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I could click like on just about all of these. Some cool versions I have not heard before. A lot of the Motown numbers I bet people thought they were originals, not covers. Disturbed's The Sound of Silence would have been one of the first to come to mind, and the late Johnny Cash numbers are awesome too.

Yes has a song that not many know about. They did a cover of Simon & Garfunkel's "America" and it's totally different from the original. I absolutely love the sound of Chris Squire's bass on this one.

The original:

And the Yes version:

Remaster on Youtube Music.

First Aid Kit do some great covers too.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I saw them do these live when this album came out. I got the chills for Imagine. Very apt today as well and it comes from an album of mostly covers of anti-war songs.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is Leo Moracchioli from Frog Leap Studios covering Toto's "Africa" with a metal edge. He's a pretty busy guy with a ton of videos covering pop songs with some metal flair and this is one of his most popular. He's a one man show in a lot of his videos and plays every instrument, but has guests and a band too. He also does all of his own recording, mixing and video shooting.

I think he and his guest singer, Hannah, did a great job on this song. This video gives me goosebumps still when I'm in the right mood.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This is Leo Moracchioli from Frog Leap Studios covering Toto's "Africa" with a metal edge. He's a pretty busy guy with a ton of videos covering pop songs with some metal flair and this is one of his most popular. He's a one man show in a lot of his videos and plays every instrument, but has guests and a band too. He also does all of his own recording, mixing and video shooting.

I think he and his guest singer, Hannah, did a great job on this song. This video gives me goosebumps still when I'm in the right mood.
I do like that one. I posted a few from him on first page. This one is fun too lol

Staind doing Tool. I saw them do a tribute to Layne Staley not long after he died and it was amazing.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I do like that one. I posted a few from him on first page. This one is fun too lol

This one is really cool too! Stays a little truer to the original version, but still adds a little crunch and nice harmonies in the chorus.

I've been a Leo fan for quite a while. He gets pretty goofy sometimes but I can dig it. Ain't nothing wrong with wearing a pink bunny costume while jamming on a guitar in crowded public spaces, lol. He's a very skilled musician on a variety of instruments tho. He's also very good at recording and mixing his stuff. His music is always clean and balanced. Nice bass too.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Does it count when a band covers their own song 30 years later..? TOOL: Opiate².

They also did a commendable job with Led Zeppelin's No Quarter.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's Leo covering "Feel Good Inc." by The Gorillaz in the aforementioned pink bunny costume... lol.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Here's Leo covering "Feel Good Inc." by The Gorillaz in the aforementioned pink bunny costume... lol.

I don't think that qualifies as a cover....new edition perhaps.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Awesome covers folks! This is my all-time favorite cover album, pulling from such disparate sources such as Sparks, The Doors, Iggy Pop, Billie Holiday and even Disney! When it came out (1987) there were no liner notes (nor internet) so it was fun trying to figure out which artists The Banshees were covering - I knew most of 'em, but some evaded me for years...
1648152971339.png

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I have a whole playlist in my Plex server that is just covers and I forgot to add that I like most of Marilyn Manson's covers (Tainted Love, Sweet Dreams, Personal Jesus, I Put a Spell on You, Cry Little Sister, etc) too:

And I love System of a Down's cover of Metro:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis