Eye-Opening Website - Arthur Salvatore's high-endaudio

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Anyone seen this site. This guy completely rips apart Stereophile and Michael Fremer in particular. Haven't seen something this rough in awhile. It's definitely eye opening. Not sure if many people have seen it. Noting came up in a search here.

http://www.high-endaudio.com/

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
For someone who stresses the scientific aspects of sound reproduction, he sure does put a lot of stock into the idea of cables making a difference. To be fair, I only read about half of his audiophile philosophy page, but I get the idea. I think he gives more credit to his ability to hear fine details than could ever be warranted, either that or he has supernaturally good hearing. I have to say though, I have never heard these ultra high end or exotic sound systems, so I don't truly know if they sound much better than a decent and competently setup mid level system. I think his feud with audio review magazines is somewhat absurd, as most reasonably intelligent people will some understanding of the relationship between the magazines and their advertisers, ie the tension between honest reviews and advertising revenue, and take that into account when reading them. I will give him points for trying to expose a lot of audiophile words and phrases for the misleading gibberish they really are.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
For someone who stresses the scientific aspects of sound reproduction, he sure does put a lot of stock into the idea of cables making a difference. To be fair, I only read about half of his audiophile philosophy page, but I get the idea. I think he gives more credit to his ability to hear fine details than could ever be warranted, either that or he has supernaturally good hearing. ....
Or, he is taking an open book testing approach to audio audible differences;):D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis