EX-PRESIDENT INDICTED

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I know I have said owningthelibs about 1000x, but what do Republicans believe in more? Journalism? :p

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
You're dead wrong; most of these legal proceedings were initiated within the past year or two.
The actual indictments have come in the past year...surely you know these things take time. (to make them stick).
There is no election interference...there is simply the criminal justice system operating like it always has. Slow As Hell.

Trumpy announced his campaign intentions on November 15, 2022
Every single count/crime he has been indicted on took place long before that date.
Let him slide because he's running for office ?
Doesn't take a genius to figure out Trumps real reason for running again. The worst president in US history doesn't have anything new to offer, that's for sure.

This is why Jack Smith was brought in on November 18, 2022, three days after the "election interference" ploy became his main defense....The DOJ know damn well every trick up Fat Donny's badly tailored sleeve.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

That may have been the official announcement, but he started on Jan 21, 202. :D

And also, let's not forget investigating to get solid conviction outcomes takes time and the late start.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The actual indictments have come in the past year...surely you know these things take time. (to make them stick).
There is no election interference...there is simply the criminal justice system operating like it always has. Slow As Hell.

Every single count/crime he has been indicted on took place long before that date.
Let him slide because he's running for office ?
Doesn't take a genius to figure out Trumps real reason for running again. The worst president in US history doesn't have anything new to offer, that's for sure.

This is why Jack Smith was brought in on November 18, 2022, three days after the "election interference" ploy became his main defense....The DOJ know damn well every trick up Fat Donny's badly tailored sleeve.
I wonder myself if our system is regulated to prevent a "deep state."

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I wonder myself if our system is regulated to prevent a "deep state."
I hope so...now if they could hire someone to shoot down those Jewish Space Lasers, and put bird nets around Windmills. :) (and maybe rake those messy forests)

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This lawyer opines that some of the Georgia counts against Trump will be difficult to prove because it requires showing knowledge of official's oath of office and intent to get the officials to violate their oaths of office.

>>>The state chose to charge this conduct in two ways. One of them is strong and simple: Team Trump lied to elected officials and tried to forge documents.

The other — that they were aware of the officials’ oaths of office and were hoping specifically to get them to violate it — is unusual and hard to prove.<<<

. . . I'm not sure if the law in Georgia concerning specific intent (Trump's knowledge) is 100% clear in this situation (the judge will decide what the jury instructions say). Off hand, it seems plausible that the writer is correct.

This does not mean, of course, that the charges related to forging documents will be difficult to prove.
The judge just dropped the oath-related charges.

>>>The charges dropped all relate to alleged efforts to solicit Georgia officials to violate their oaths of office. . . .

The judge’s ruling does not impact the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act charge that each defendant faces and serves as the foundation of the historic prosecution.<<<

Trump may want to hold off on popping champagne corks, snorting a few lines, and banging whores, however.

>>>McAfee made clear that his ruling “does not mean the entire indictment is dismissed” and said the Fulton County district attorney’s office could seek reindictment after supplementing the charges he deemed insufficient.<<<

The odds are good that the grand jury would indict Trump on the charges the second time around.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It's looks like the advice of counsel arguments vs. attorney-client privilege is the conflict that Trump faces in these trials. He can't have it both ways.
This issue just came up in the NY hush money case. Basically, Trump tried to have it both ways. He wanted to rely on statements by his lawyers without waiving A-C privilege. Not surprisingly, the judge shot it down:

>>>Last week, Trump in court filings suggested that he intended to present a watered-down, informal advice of counsel defense, wherein the former president would elicit evidence concerning “the presence, involvement and advice of lawyers in relevant events giving rise to the charges in the Indictment.” That evidence, his lawyers said, would be elicited in large part from Cohen.

Merchan ruled Monday that Trump “may not offer, or even suggest,” a so-called presence-of-counsel defense, noting that such a defense would shield Trump from any of the tactic’s downsides, like giving up the right to claim privilege.

To allow said defense in this matter would effectively permit the defendant to invoke the very defense he has declared he will not rely upon, without the concomitant obligations that come with it,” Merchan wrote. “The result would undoubtedly be to confuse and mislead the jury. This Court can not endorse such a tactic.”<<<

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4540456-judge-declines-trumps-request-to-block-michael-cohen-stormy-daniels-testimony/

If Trump had nothing to hide he could just waive A-C privilege and let it all hang out, so to speak.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Besides John Eastman, the only other candidate for Easter Bunny was Lindsey Graham (according to anonymous Washington insider info). When he tried on the furry Easter Bunny suit, everyone in the Oval Office exploded in laughter. It wasn't a good look. Apparently, Trump laughed so hard he squirt Diet Coke out of his nose. So John Eastman and his cowboy hat won without serious opposition.

It seems like yet another case of group-think. No one there could imagine how Eastman's crack-pot idea could fail. He would have benefited if someone brainstormed or trouble shot his idea.
The judge in Eastman's ethics case recommended that he be disbarred. I suspect the California Supreme Court will agree, but it's hard to say.

>>>An attorney discipline judge in California has recommended that ex-Trump election lawyer John Eastman be disbarred, according to an opinion released on Wednesday.

Eastman will lose his ability to practice law within days, because the court’s decision involuntarily revokes his license, according to the opinion.

Judge Yvette Roland’s opinion comes after a lengthy trial about Eastman’s actions as he led some of the efforts for Donald Trump to challenge his 2020 election loss. The opinion serves as a recommendation to the California Supreme Court, which will ultimately decide whether to endorse or reject the punishment. Eastman will have the opportunity to appeal Roland’s ruling.<<<

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/27/politics/judge-recommends-john-eastman-be-disbarred/index.html

Jeffrey Clark is in the middle of an ethics hearing for his role in the 2020 election shenanigans.

>>>Clark is accused of attempting to engage in dishonest conduct during his role in the aftermath of then-President Donald Trump’s 2020 presidential election loss and attempt to overturn the 2020 election. At issue is a letter Clark drafted that said the department was investigating “various irregularities” and had identified “significant concerns” that may have impacted the election. He was trying to persuade Rosen and Donoghue to send the letter to Georgia.<<<

In some ways, Clark's efforts to take over the DOJ bother me more than Eastman's nutty legal theories.

>>>Former senior Justice Department officials testified Thursday that they told former President Trump he'd have mass resignations on hand if he installed former assistant attorney general Jeffrey Clark to run the DOJ.
Why it matters: Trump had considered naming Clark to replace then-Acting Attorney General Jeff Rosen after Rosen refused to investigate baseless election fraud claims. Clark, an environmental attorney, pushed a plan to overturn the election which former DOJ leaders called "nuts" and a "murder-suicide pact" at the Jan. 6 select committee's fifth hearing.<<<

The resignation threats worked then, but I'm not so sure they would if Trump were to be reelected (this assumes Trump would try something nutty, which seems like a fairly safe bet).

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This is not a final ruling, but it doesn't look good for Clark right now:

>>>WASHINGTON, April 4 (Reuters) - Attorney Jeffrey Clark, who held a senior role in the U.S. Justice Department during Donald Trump's presidency, should face professional discipline over his effort to enlist the agency in the former president’s efforts to overturn his 2020 election defeat, a Washington legal panel concluded on Thursday.

The finding, which is preliminary, followed several days of testimony on Clark’s attempt to take charge of the Justice Department in the final days of Trump's term as he sought to block certification of his defeat to Democratic President Joe Biden using false claims of rampant voter fraud. . . .

The panel will recommend a specific sanction later, which could include suspending or revoking Clark’s law license. Any sanction must first be approved by the full board and a Washington appeals court.

Hamilton Fox, head of the D.C. Office of Disciplinary Counsel, which brought the charges, said he would seek to have Clark disbarred. Fox said Clark was willing to aid Trump's attempts to use the Justice Department to undermine the election results.<<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
@Mr._Clark

Thanks for your continued coverage of Trump's various indictments and trials. I've had little to add, mainly because court room maneuvering & litigation is well above my pay grade. But I do read them all, and I appreciate how extensive your viewpoint is.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I bet ya this mess isn't over until the NOV elections or darn near close to it. A normal middle class citizens would already have been locked up, for a whole lot of reasons, threatening a judge daughter for one.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
… A normal middle class citizens would already have been locked up, for a whole lot of reasons, threatening a judge daughter for one.
Agreed. But someone who has lots of money, is willing to stall & stall, and is willing to use lots of lawyers to threaten, extort, and blackmail others is clearly not a normal middle class citizen.
I bet ya this mess isn't over until the NOV elections or darn near close to it.
It is too optimistic to believe all of Trump's Tantrums will end with the elections in November 2024. They've been going on continuously since he lost the 2020 election and left the White House in January 2021. In fact, his Nation-wide Tantrums began four years before that.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
In fact, his Nation-wide Tantrums began four years before that.
Wasn't it his Birther BS against Obama when that really began? Of course, this begat the famous roasting of Trump by Obama at the Correspondent's Dinner to which Trump seemingly decided to run for President just to prove Obama wrong. And succeeded. *facepalm

So in a way, it's all B-Rock's fault. :p

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Wasn't it his Birther BS against Obama when that really began?
Yes, you're right. I do have trouble remembering stuff from the past that was clearly recognizable as BS at the time :rolleyes:.

Now that I think about it, that's one reason why Trump is so successful as a conman. When you first hear his nonsense BS, it's hard to take it seriously.

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
@Mr._Clark

Thanks for your continued coverage of Trump's various indictments and trials. I've had little to add, mainly because court room maneuvering & litigation is well above my pay grade. But I do read them all, and I appreciate how extensive your viewpoint is.
The ethics actions against the attorneys who were involved in January 6 have been getting less press coverage. In my opinion they need to be held accountable to discourage more of the same in the future.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
you see, Biden being a life long politician, has little knowledge of 'being an entrepreneur' like 'Dumpy' ;)
True, but has Biden been sent from God? Maybe he is the Skeleton Jesus?;) (Trump being the Orange Jesus.)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis