Erin's Audio review squashed by Tekton

T

tektondesign

Audiophyte
There's some real misinformation bouncing around. For the record I am not "suing" anyone.

Would the review be live today if it didn't contain any provable mistakes? Yes- absolutely!

Here are the facts... I am protecting my brand and I have no problem with a review [good or bad] so long as it doesn't contain any mistakes. The review contained a couple of measurement mistakes based on a couple of simple oversights. In all fairness to Erin, the Troubadour is a unique loudspeaker that would throw the best acoustical measurement experts a bit of a curve ball - the speaker is even unique to the point of being allowed a US patent.

The measurement oversights have been talked about between Erin and I and Erin has agreed to remeasure the speaker. I respectfully asked Erin to pull his review temporarily and we're working together to ensure the measurements he publishes are accurate.

I believe we've got everything figured out and expect his review to be published again soon.

Respectfully,

Eric Alexander
Audio Designer
President
Tekton Design, LLC

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There's some real misinformation bouncing around. For the record I am not "suing" anyone and I've never threatened to "sue" anyone over a review.

Would the review be live today if it didn't contain any provable mistakes? Yes- absolutely!

Here are the facts... I am protecting my brand and I have no problem with a review [good or bad] so long as it doesn't contain any mistakes. The review contained a couple of measurement mistakes based on a couple of simple oversights. In all fairness to Erin, the Troubadour is a unique loudspeaker that would throw the best acoustical measurement experts a bit of a curve ball - the speaker is even unique to the point of being allowed a US patent.

The measurement oversights have been talked about between Erin and I and Erin has agreed to remeasure the speaker. I respectfully asked Erin to pull his review temporarily and we're working together to ensure the measurements he publishes are accurate.

I believe we've got everything figured out and expect his review to be published again soon.

Respectfully,

Eric Alexander
Audio Designer
President
Tekton Design, LLC
So where are your measurements?

T

tektondesign

Audiophyte
Going forward Tekton Design will be publishing measurements and specifications of every new model Tekton Design produces.

Eric Alexander
Audio Designer
President
Tekton Design, LLC

T

tektondesign

Audiophyte
Again, I want to be clearly succinct...

There's some real misinformation bouncing around. For the record I am not "suing" anyone.

Respectfully,

Eric Alexander
Audio Designer
President
Tekton Design, LLC

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Again, I want to be clearly succinct...

Respectfully,

Eric Alexander
Audio Designer
President
Tekton Design, LLC
This is the same post you made just a few minutes ago....and the US Patent thing for gear like yours is fairly meaningless.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General

Respectfully,

Eric Alexander
Audio Designer
President
Tekton Design, LLC
Cut copy paste exact statement on ASR, lawyer write it or corporate image consultant?

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Update:

Amir: decides that tilting at windmiils is excuse enough for not having to actually test anything these days.
Payed for moderator on the site panders to amirs altruism.
Members still speculating why moab, wilson, linkwitz, etc. sound like real music and have lousy FR,DI,PR,LW,EPDR, and streisand effect.

Erin: still tryng to figure out what the fuss is about. Still the voice of reason by simply not having a voice.

Mr. tekton: wonders aloud how much better my speakers could be if i had two testicles.
Decides that the greater premium audio membership is on his side, admitting defeat has no upside no matter how sciency the science side can sidle. Lawyer brother (-in-law? unlikely to be college graduates in his family tree) not perturbed by facts, only interested in his 75% of the take no matter the outcome.

Stay tuned for more of the same.
Audio: "Making no headway since 1984!"

p.s.
Tekton credit check on Erin with the good review, result "vulnerable".
Tekton credit check on Amir with the bad review, result "back off".
Whatever that nonsense was, you don't need to be mucking up a serious thread with it.

P

paulgyro

Junior Audioholic
Going forward Tekton Design will be publishing measurements and specifications of every new model Tekton Design produces.

Eric Alexander
Audio Designer
President
Tekton Design, LLC
That's awesome news which should help move the industry forward. This follows in the footsteps of a few like Perlisten, Arendal, philharmonic, ascend audio and a few others.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

Respectfully,

Eric Alexander
Audio Designer
President
Tekton Design, LLC
Eric

While I appreciate you coming here to offer your side of the story, it is clear that you've made threats to Erin, Amir and others. It seems like a pattern of behavior on your part and that's not something I tolerate from any manufacturer as I've been on the receiving side of this too many times from other brands over the last 25 years of running this website.

Here is a recent threat of litigation you made to Amir as example: https://bit.ly/ASRTektonthreat

I think a public apology to Erin, Amir and other members of the press you may have done this to is in order if you truly mean what you wrote in this response and want to continue getting free press from reviewers on your loudspeakers.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
At this point I’m starting to feel bad for Eric. I know I’ve said/done stupid things in the past and luckily I don’t hold a public position where I could easily garner the response Eric is currently getting. At the same time some lessons are painful, hopefully he learns this one quickly but I suspect a touch of narcissism.

T

tmtomh

Audiophyte
At this point I’m starting to feel bad for Eric. I know I’ve said/done stupid things in the past and luckily I don’t hold a public position where I could easily garner the response Eric is currently getting. At the same time some lessons are painful, hopefully he learns this one quickly but I suspect a touch of narcissism.
I appreciate your generosity of spirit, but I’m not inclined to feel any empathy for Eric unless or until he takes the threat of litigation - not just to Erin but also to any other reviewer to whom he’s recently made such a threat - off the table and provides some actual substantiation of his claims.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I appreciate your generosity of spirit, but I’m not inclined to feel any empathy for Eric unless or until he takes the threat of litigation - not just to Erin but also to any other reviewer to whom he’s recently made such a threat - off the table and provides some actual substantiation of his claims.
I agree but I think we (the audiophile community) may get better results if we offer a compassionate response at this point. The level of pressure he must be feeling and the possible end of his company must feel immense, even overwhelming. Offering an olive branch may be in everyone’s best interests at this point.
Eric’s designs may be flawed but they may also be survivable and correctable if given the chance but killing his work (suicide is more appropriate) also kills creative design approach we all loose.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I agree but I think we (the audiophile community) may get better results if we offer a compassionate response at this point. The level of pressure he must be feeling and the possible end of his company must feel immense, even overwhelming. Offering an olive branch may be in everyone’s best interests at this point.
Eric’s designs may be flawed but they may also be survivable and correctable if given the chance but killing his work (suicide is more appropriate) also kills creative design approach we all loose.
Fukk him. Play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. He should have thought about what a baby he would look like. Instead of giving Amir any of the simple information he asked for, Eric Alexander Bose threatens litigation. Whah!!!! Whah!!!!!!! Whah!!!!!
How about Erin and Amir’s reputations? Imagine what would happen if they started curving their reviews for bad reviewing products, and not being objective, and pandering to whiny manufacturers who take their ball and run home when they don’t get their way.
It’s a bitch move, and after reading the stuff he posted to Amir, I have less respect for him than ever before.
Would have been so much better for him to take the high road and act like an adult.

Wait. Was your post a joke, and I took the bait?

P

paulgyro

Junior Audioholic
I hear what you are saying. Eric @tektondesign could just apologize for his overreaction and commit to not interfere with future reviews but engage constructively if at all as needed as other manufactures do. It goes along way to say "I messed up, it won't happen again" in my book.

Paul

F

fastleo63

Audiophyte
My support goes to Erin and Amir, whose speakers measurement techniques are completely scientific, being merely based on the Laws of Physics.
So any doubt or dispute raised about their validity is, therefore, completely out of place.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I hear what you are saying. Eric @tektondesign could just apologize for his overreaction and commit to not interfere with future reviews but engage constructively if at all as needed as other manufactures do. It goes along way to say "I messed up, it won't happen again" in my book.

Paul
deleted

Last edited:
T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Fukk him. Play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. He should have thought about what a baby he would look like. Instead of giving Amir any of the simple information he asked for, Eric Alexander Bose threatens litigation. Whah!!!! Whah!!!!!!! Whah!!!!!
How about Erin and Amir’s reputations? Imagine what would happen if they started curving their reviews for bad reviewing products, and not being objective, and pandering to whiny manufacturers who take their ball and run home when they don’t get their way.
It’s a bitch move, and after reading the stuff he posted to Amir, I have less respect for him than ever before.
Would have been so much better for him to take the high road and act like an adult.

Wait. Was your post a joke, and I took the bait?
I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m just personally feeling for the guy right now having recently lost a business I put everything into, can’t imagine wheee his head is at the moment but I can guess.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Dude, it's only speakers.

I don't think he should off himself.
I don't like using the term "suicide" for a person or a company tbh. As someone who has spent the last 15+ years battling crippling depression I don't wish that towards anyone.

Eric has a path of redemption out of this mess but the choice is his.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis