Epson 8350 or 8100 for $300 less?

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
I apologize for the vague question, but I am determined to finally crawl through my atic this weekend and determine if a projector system is indeed feasible. So, there were a couple good sales that hit today. Should I go with

Epson 8100 refurb - $600

or

Epson 8350 refurb - $900?

Projector reviews has the 8350 as better black levels, but I'm not sure if, at the rate of projector upgrades, it doesn't make sense to look at the 8100 as a stop gap and pocket the $300 toward the next projector 3 years down the road.

Once again, I know that there are a lot of variables at play, but tell me what you think. Thanks in advance.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
For the $300 savings and very low price of the 8100 it is what I would go with. Just be darn sure you have a GOOD warranty on it! Any refurb projector is subject to potential issues which may extend beyond 30 or 90 days and you should be covered just in case.

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
I was leaning towards the 8100 also, but it looks like that ship has sailed (item out of stock in my area). Oh well, I'll either do the 8350, or wait a bit longer.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Remember that Epson supports their products for 7 years. Once a model is over 7 years old, you'll have trouble finding OEM bulbs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis