Epson 1080p Tw2000 50,000 :1 Cr Wow

A

AndrewLyles

Audioholic
I'm not trying to be negative, but doesn't it only have a native contrast of 4500:1? (only!!) I'm curious to know how this pans out though.

REWJR

REWJR

Junior Audioholic
doesn't it only have a native contrast of 4500:1? (only!!)
Yes compared to the JVC RS-2 with native CR of 30,000:1 ...
( needs darkend room to actually see the CR after your eyes iris opens usually takes 30 min ).

But the JVC is $8K and only will do a pygmy size screen due to 1000 lumens .

So given my dungeon basement with 110" grey Da-Lite HCCV screen the EPSON TW2000 at 4500:1 will be most impressive with it's 1600 lumens . This is the most available in the under $10K camp.

So IMHO at $2700 the TW2000 is right for my budget :)

P.S I own the EPSON TW600 720P model.

B

bass addict

Junior Audioholic
But the JVC is $8K and only will do a pygmy size screen due to 1000 lumens .
The fact is, almost every pj out right now in their calibrated settings only put out around 4-600 lumens and do fine on 100" + screens (which I would hardly call pygmy). I watched an RS1 on a 150" highpower that was amazing. They won't excel if you have a lot of ambient light but in a dedicated theater they put out more than enough for a decent size screen.

I hope it's a misprint on the throw range on the new Epson. I need a pj with a 2.0+ zoom range which both the 810 and 1000 currently have. The new Epson shows like a 1.25 or something like that. That would kill it for me.

REWJR

REWJR

Junior Audioholic
I watched an RS1 on a 150" highpower that was amazing
Highpower screen ( @ 2.5 gain limited viewing cone ) is the keyword in your reply as i'm using a 1.0 gain grey screen .

I see why you have an EPSON tw700 based on your basement HT room pics.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
The fact is, almost every pj out right now in their calibrated settings only put out around 4-600 lumens and do fine on 100" + screens (which I would hardly call pygmy). I watched an RS1 on a 150" highpower that was amazing. They won't excel if you have a lot of ambient light but in a dedicated theater they put out more than enough for a decent size screen.

I hope it's a misprint on the throw range on the new Epson. I need a pj with a 2.0+ zoom range which both the 810 and 1000 currently have. The new Epson shows like a 1.25 or something like that. That would kill it for me.
You're right. I have one of Optoma's budget projectors. It's rated at 1000 lumens and puts out plenty of light. I've used it on 120" screen before and it did just fine in a light controlled room. IMO, if you're going with a front projection system, you need a light controlled room anyway for it to look its best.

A

AndrewLyles

Audioholic
You're right. I have one of Optoma's budget projectors. It's rated at 1000 lumens and puts out plenty of light. I've used it on 120" screen before and it did just fine in a light controlled room. IMO, if you're going with a front projection system, you need a light controlled room anyway for it to look its best.
I'm eyeballing the new InFocus IN82 rated at 1500 Lumens. AVS just got hold of one and @ D65K they are seeing a maximum output of 1100. That to me is very impressive. I think the price is going to be around $5K, but give it a couple months and I'm sure it will fall to less than $4K.

REWJR

REWJR

Junior Audioholic
I think the price is going to be around $5K, but give it a couple months and I'm sure it will fall to less than $4K.
EPSON TW2000 is after calibration 1200 lumens and you can get it now for only $2700 seems like a no brainer to me.

B

bass addict

Junior Audioholic
I see why you have an EPSON tw700 based on your basement HT room pics.
Are you talking about the throw distance? If so, yes the Epson fit the niche perfectly. I had a Panny AE900 ceiling mounted prior to that, but the problem with it is I have 9' ceilings. The pj hung down way too far for my liking. Besides, moving it to the back of the room reduced fan noise annoyance and the distracting DI. This is why I'm bummed, if the 2000 drastically reduced the throw range it's a deal breaker and I'll have to shell out the money for a used RS1 or AE1000.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis