Epik Legend or Rythmik FV 12 Sub

A

asere

Audioholic
Ok considering my budget of 500 dollars which sub is the better choice from Epik Legend or Rythmik FV12? Please don't give me suggestions for other Brands as they are more expensive. My room is 5400 cubic feet. I want smooth bass and chest pounding bass but that is not boomy. Thanks in advance!!!!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok considering my budget of 500 dollars which sub is the better choice from Epik Legend or Rythmik FV12? Please don't give me suggestions for other Brands as they are more expensive. My room is 5400 cubic feet. I want smooth bass and chest pounding bass but that is not boomy. Thanks in advance!!!!
Neither of them will be able to do that. Legend will have more output - aka cheat pounding, while FV12 will be more transient and smooth.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
You already received several recommendations for subs in your budget:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/877866-post3.html

Change of budget $500 from $350-400 will get you into territory of subs capable of filling huge rooms with cheat pounding bass while being musical.

DIY could do it, but obviously you are not interested.

I don't know if are willing to travel, but one of Matt's VTF-15h is maybe what you are looking for
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/classifieds-sell-your-gear/79419-my-hsu-vtf-15hs-up-sale-again.html

Check other CLASSIFIEDS for other used subs and maybe you'd be able to find great deal

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'd go with the Legend out of the two you have listed, it will give you more of the chest pounding bass you are looking for.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think you can go wrong with either of those choices. The Rythmik is ported and will probably give you plenty of output, but I do think the Legend is going to have more, it just won't dig as deep as the FV-12.

i have no idea sir
USELESS :rolleyes:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would get the Rythmik FV12 since it will go down to 20Hz @ -2dB. It also has Servo Direct, which means the bass will have a Q of 0.5, which means more accurate and tighter bass.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I'm thinking the Legend will have more output overall, due to its upper bass advantage. I don't think either will suffice in a room of that size.

R

ratm

Audioholic
Posted this in your other thread...

ratm is a forum member in good standing
I am more or less a sub noob having just bought my first real sub (Epik Empire) after having dual Lava LSP12's. That said, you have a gigantic room, and none of the subs you have listed is going to give you what you are looking for. I dont know what you want for certain, but I would think that unless you are sitting right next to the sub, youre gonna be disappointed. I am saying this only after reading the posts of FAR more knowledgeable members on here and AVS, but at the very least, I would think that you should be looking to one of these. All are in the 500-1000 range shipped, and I know thats more than what you want to spend, but unless your moving to a place thats at least 50% smaller than what you posted, I'd get:

Epik Empire
HSU VTF15
SVS PB12-NSD
Outlaw LFM-EX (duals if you can get the B-Stock)
Dual Rythmik FV12's

Best of luck

A

asere

Audioholic
Posted this in your other thread...

ratm is a forum member in good standing
I am more or less a sub noob having just bought my first real sub (Epik Empire) after having dual Lava LSP12's. That said, you have a gigantic room, and none of the subs you have listed is going to give you what you are looking for. I dont know what you want for certain, but I would think that unless you are sitting right next to the sub, youre gonna be disappointed. I am saying this only after reading the posts of FAR more knowledgeable members on here and AVS, but at the very least, I would think that you should be looking to one of these. All are in the 500-1000 range shipped, and I know thats more than what you want to spend, but unless your moving to a place thats at least 50% smaller than what you posted, I'd get:

Epik Empire
HSU VTF15
SVS PB12-NSD
Outlaw LFM-EX (duals if you can get the B-Stock)
Dual Rythmik FV12's

Best of luck
I was told the Hsu VFT2 MK4 will be good enough for a room thats 5400 cubic feet. According to the Hsu website the VFT2 MK4 covers 4400 cubic feet so I would be under 1000 cubic feet or so.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Then get the VTF3/MK4 instead or jump up to their VTF-15H! Matt34 has 2 of the VTF-15Hs for sale...pick-up only though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis