Enter to Win: Wireless Subwoofer from Aperion Audio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Juan Fonseca

Audiophyte
Contest Questions:

1. How important is it to you to match the look of the surround sound speakers with the front speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 system?

Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

2. Currently, if you have surround speakers where are they located? If don’t have surrounds, why not?

Wall mounted (Concealed wires)

3. If there was a high quality wireless surround sound speaker available would you consider it for a home theater system?

Other (Please explain)
My problem with wireless speakers is that they have to be powered and I like to have them on the wall. I guess I could have outlets installed in the right place for on wall wireless speakers.

4. Wireless speakers have the amplifiers built in and so they need to be plugged into the wall for power. Would this limit you from considering wireless surrounds?

Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.
See answer to 3.

5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer? (Please choose one)

Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

6. If you were looking for a surround speaker to match your existing front speakers but had to buy another brand, what features would be the most important to you?

The sound.

D

davidc

Audiophyte
Aperion Contest

1. How important is it to you to match the look of the surround sound speakers with the front speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 system?

a. Not important. Sound is what matters.

2. Currently, if you have surround speakers where are they located? If don’t have surrounds, why not?

d. I don’t have surround speakers because (Please explain)
They have not been a budget priority.

3. If there was a high quality wireless surround sound speaker available would you consider it for a home theater system?

a. Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

4. Wireless speakers have the amplifiers built in and so they need to be plugged into the wall for power. Would this limit you from considering wireless surrounds?

c. Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer?

a. Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

6. If you were looking for a surround speaker to match your existing front speakers but had to buy another brand, what features would be the most important to you?

3. Other (Please explain)
All of the above.

I

Ironcross

Audiophyte

4. Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

1. Wall mounted (Concealed wires)

3. Yes, but only if I could find wireless surrounds that matched my current speakers.

1. No, I have outlets all over the place.

5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer? (Please choose one)

2. Inline Power adapter such as Power Brick or Wall Wart with thin DC power cord going to the speaker.

4. The sound

S

skipnyamaha

Audiophyte

d. Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

a. Wall mounted (Concealed wires)

e. I have always viewed wireless speakers systems as high tech. I would be hesitant to purchase one for several reasons, main one being this is new technology, how much is it going to cost? If the price were reasonable enough I would most definitely reconsider but I would want to be reassured that the sound quality and functionality of this product would meet the same expectations as any other wired system.

c. Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

d. The sound

A

Adversary

Audiophyte
Not important. Sound is what matters. BUT all else being equal, I prefer matched sets.

I don’t have surround speakers because I haven't figured out how I want to run the wires. When we had carpet I just draped the wires. Our current living situation is not very conducive to surround sound, but I will most likely go with inceiling surrounds before long.

Yes, I have a difficult room that doesn’t allow me to conceal the wires. But I am still skeptical of wireless, & it is important that the solution I spend money on be a good match for my system (even if a different brand).

No, I have outlets all over the place.

Doesn’t matter
Please explain

The sound

havok2022

Enthusiast

Not important. Sound is what matters.

Speaker Stands

Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

Doesn’t matter

The sound

hifiman

hifiman

Audioholic
How important is it to you to match the look of the surround sound speakers with the front speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 system?

1. Not important. Sound is what matters.
2. Not important. My surround speakers are on the other side of the room so it doesn’t really matter if they all match or not.
3. Not important. My subwoofer doesn’t match anyway.
4. Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.
5. Very important, if they don’t match the other speakers I’d rather not use surrounds.
6. Other (Please explain)

2. Wall mounted (Wire under carpet or baseboards)
3. Speaker Stands
4. Bookshelf or end tables
5. I don’t have surround speakers because (Please explain)

1. Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.
2. Yes, I have a difficult room that doesn’t allow me to conceal the wires.
3. Yes, but only if I could find wireless surrounds that matched my current speakers.
4. No, I don’t trust wireless quality yet.
5. Other (Please explain)

1. No, I have outlets all over the place.
2. No, wireless surrounds are the only solution for my room because I can’t get speaker wire there.
3. Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.
4. Other (Please explain)

1. Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.
2. Inline Power adapter such as Power Brick or Wall Wart with thin DC power cord going to the speaker.
3. Doesn’t matter
4. Please explain

1. Shape/design of the speaker
2. The size of the speaker
3. The finish/color of the speaker
4. The sound
5. Other (Please explain)

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Large Professor

Audiophyte
Not important. Sound is what matters.
Not important. My surround speakers are on the other side of the room so it doesn’t really matter if they all match or not.
Not important. My subwoofer doesn’t match anyway.
Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.
Very important, if they don’t match the other speakers I’d rather not use surrounds.
Other (Please explain)
A: Very important

Wall mounted (Concealed wires)
Wall mounted (Wire under carpet or baseboards)
Speaker Stands
Bookshelf or end tables
I don’t have surround speakers because (Please explain)

A: I use speaker stands

Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.
Yes, I have a difficult room that doesn’t allow me to conceal the wires.
Yes, but only if I could find wireless surrounds that matched my current speakers.
No, I don’t trust wireless quality yet.
Other (Please explain)

A: I don't trust wireless quality yet

No, wireless surrounds are the only solution for my room because I can’t get speaker wire there.
Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.
Other (Please explain)

A: I have outlets all over the place

Inline Power adapter such as Power Brick or Wall Wart with thin DC power cord going to the speaker.
Doesn’t matter
Please explain

A: I Prefer an internal power supply

Shape/design of the speaker
The size of the speaker
The finish/color of the speaker
The sound
Other (Please explain)

A: The sound

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bigheadwillie

Audiophyte

2. No, wireless surrounds are the only solution for my room because I can’t get speaker wire there.

4. The sound

jthomp27

jthomp27

Audioholic Intern

3. Speaker Stands

1. Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

3. Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

3. The finish/color of the speaker

E

Exterous

Audioholic Intern
1. How important is it to you to match the look of the surround sound

Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best

Bookshelf or end tables (Although they will be wall mounted after we make some moves this summer)

No, I don’t trust wireless quality yet.

The sound

P

PSU80

Junior Audioholic
A - Not important. Sound is what matters.

B - Wall mounted (Wire under carpet or baseboards)

B - Yes, I have a difficult room that doesn’t allow me to conceal the wires.

C - Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

A - Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

D - The sound

C

cabt

Audiophyte
A. Not important. Sound is what matters.

C. Speaker Stands

A. Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

A. No, I have outlets all over the place.

5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer? (Please choose one).
D. Doesn’t matter

C. The sound

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
Contest Questions:

• Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

• Speaker Stands

• No, I don’t trust wireless quality yet.

• No, I have outlets all over the place.

• Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

• The sound

Thanks for the chance!!

R

rhughes

Audiophyte
1. D. Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

2. A. Wall mounted (Concealed wires)

3. E. Other (Please explain) - Not truly wireless because I would have to run power. I'm trading one wire I have to conceal for another.

4. C. Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

5. C. Doesn’t matter

6. C. The sound.

P

Puppetz

Audioholic Intern
1. How important is it to YOU to match the look of the surround sound speakers with the front speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 system?
Focusing on the word "you" (meaning me and not my wife;)), I would go with d. Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

I currently have four in-ceiling speakers for my side and back surrounds (they are Aperion speakers, BTW). Since this wasn't a choice (and there is no "other" option for this question, I'm going with a. Wall mounted (Concealed wires)

I would be interested in this for the system I ultimately want to setup in our master bedroom. So I say a. Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

a. No, I have outlets all over the place. To add to that, I would conceal the power cord the same way I will conceal the power cord from the flat screen TV I will eventually put in our bedroom- by running the cords inside the wall.

a. Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only. As indicated in my response to the previous question, I would run the power cord down the inside of the wall. This would be made easier if I didn't have to deal with a power brick.

Given that my previous responses have pertained to the yet-to-be implemented second home theater setup I want to put in our master bedroom, sound won't be as critical as WAF. Therefore, I'm going with a. Shape/design of the speaker.

G

gchanjam

Enthusiast
<b>1. How important is it to you to match the look of the surround sound speakers with the front speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 system?</b>

d. Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

<b>2. Currently, if you have surround speakers where are they located? If don’t have surrounds, why not?</b>

e. I don’t have surround speakers because (Please explain)
--I do not have surrounds because I am not able to conceal the wires properly and do not want to run exposed wire around my living room.

<b>3. If there was a high quality wireless surround sound speaker available would you consider it for a home theater system?</b>

b. Yes, I have a difficult room that doesn’t allow me to conceal the wires.

<b>4. Wireless speakers have the amplifiers built in and so they need to be plugged into the wall for power. Would this limit you from considering wireless surrounds?</b>

a. No, I have outlets all over the place.

<b>5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer? (Please choose one)</b>

<b>6. If you were looking for a surround speaker to match your existing front speakers but had to buy another brand, what features would be the most important to you?</b>

d. The sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis