Enter to Win: Velodyne EQ-Max 10 Subwoofer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leatherpro

Audiophyte
drawing

Questions

1. How do you buy your high-end audio products today? Why?
Specialty Retail Store
Custom Installer

1.-Online-great price on new and availablilty of used equipment

2. What three consumer electronics products in the market today are you most excited about and why?

1.Aperion Audio
2.Emovitva
3.Samsungs

3. What is your most treasured audio component?

3.Sonus Fabre speakers.

4. What areas of the consumer electronics industry (specifically audio/video) do you feel are untapped and offer the most potential from new technology?

4.Displays (tv's and projectors) will keep evolving and changing every year.

H

HDpalooza

Audiophyte
Contest

1. Online

2. Streaming components, Wifi enabled components and 3D Video. These first two technologies allows large volumes of audio and video material to be explored and it's transfer via Wifi, 3D is an interesting alternative to standard video.

3. My Pioneer SC-27 receiver.

4. I believe the most area for potential is video, with possibly Holographic video in our future.

J

jamieo1337

Audiophyte
1. How do you buy your high-end audio products today? I use all 3 to get my products. Why? Price point and product availability.

Specialty Retail Store
Custom Installer

2. What three consumer electronics products in the market today are you most excited about and why? HD TV, Blue Ray, home theater products because they are my passion.

My Klipsch Epic series main speakers. I worked my a$$ off in a kitchen as a teenager to buy them.

4. What areas of the consumer electronics industry (specifically audio/video) do you feel are untapped and offer the most potential from new technology? Wire management.

J

jb5200

Audioholic
Questions

Online - Prices and Availability, not a lot of high end stores where I live!
Specialty Retail Store
Custom Installer

2. What three consumer electronics products in the market today are you most excited about and why?

1) Oppo Blu Ray players - they are the Swiss Army of Audio
2) The explosion of USB DAC's on the market
3) Audyssy XT32 makes audio set-up stupid simple

Integra 80.3 Pre/Pro - does everything very well

4. What areas of the consumer electronics industry (specifically audio/video) do you feel are untapped and offer the most potential from new technology?
Stand alone DAC's with room correction - room correction fixes most room problems since no one can have the perfect room and if you can do that without having to throw in a Pre/Pro you would have the best sound possible!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

turbo16v

Enthusiast
Questions

Online because I seem to find better deals.

DIY Rythmik subs because I want to build a couple quality subs.
Ascends new towers look to be very well engineered and have a nice finish.
Emotiva because they always have some new and exciting product coming out.

Its a tie between my oppo bdp83 and my old emotiva mmc1

I would like to see some touch screen music servers with both analog and digital outputs, with Hard drive storage and not outrageously expensive.
Something like a Squeezebox touch with storage capabilities.

T

tike71

Audiophyte

For speakers I buy at the specialty retail store. This is a must for me as my ears will be the ultimate judge in what could be a potential purchase.
For electronic components I will typically go by user reviews to make an informed decision then buy online.

55" Plasma HDTV, Core i7 desktop computer, All in one DAC, hp amp, pre-amp with remote. All these products are something I plan on purchasing in the near future.

Recently purchased B&W CM5 bookshelf speakers.

Wireless power. Imagine the clean look of an audio system or home theater system without the clutter of power cables everywhere.

K

kornfreakr

Audiophyte

Online Is the best overall choice. You Can Research And Compare Products As well as comparing prices.

1. Would Have To Be the Velodyne Vpulse Earbuds
2. Samsung Galaxy S tab 10.1
3.Marantz SR7005

That Would Have To Be My Trusty old Velodyne VA12BVX10

Mobile audio is a Widely untapped industry. There are earbuds and heaphones but as for Loud speakers there really isnt much of a good selection out.

E

EIPtuningR32

Audioholic Intern
Online - less of a hassle and you get better pricing.

Samsung's Organic LED TV's - they are just an incredible piece of technology (as seen at CES)
Google TV - great idea that should produce a lot of revenue
Motorola Xoom - i think it is a great alternative to the i-Pad.

two Infinity QA's - they were passed down to me by my father.

affordable, yet quality home audio integration. Developing a system that isnt made from melted down McDonalds toys but is affordable would bring in a lot of customers ranging from Audiophiles and gaming/movie enthusiasts to people who just like to listen to some music while working on there car in the garage.

C

chucksrt

Audioholic
Velodyne wants you to win!

Velodyne is offering you the chance to win one (1) Velodyne EQ-Max 10 Subwoofer to one (1) eligible forum member! The award winning EQ-Max is the first subwoofer line to offer remote controlled, one-touch Auto-EQ and maximum bass performance at an affordable price. Made possible only by Velodyne’s 28 years of subwoofer innovation, EQ-Max’s rich feature set and advanced technologies combine to deliver high performance bass, simply and affordably. This contest represents a $579 value!

Features
  • EQ-Max’s digitally controlled five-band equalizer automatically measures in-room woofer performance and adjusts the subwoofer’s response to deliver optimum bass performance via remote control at the touch of a button.
  • The included remote control allows users to control all functions with visible feedback on the sub’s front panel, including system presets, “Night” mode, volume control, light control and phase adjustment.
  • Newly-designed “Class D” amplifiers, four custom designed “Extended Excursion” drivers and Velodyne’s exclusive Distortion Limiting System to deliver deeper, dynamic bass performance.

To be eligible to win, you must:
  1. Be a registered Audioholics forum member
  2. Have USA Residence
  3. Answer the following questions in the thread below

Questions

• Specialty Retail Store
  • Custom Installer

NOTE this contest ends on December 31st, 2011. The winner will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!
listen or watch in store at local hifi houses (ed's TV, bob and rons, David Lewis audio) and then I price match online to get the best deal from an authorized retailer

3 favorite electronics
Samsung galaxy s2 epic phone... Awesome
Yamaha advantege receivers
Pioneer plasma 58" TV

Favorite audio component is my beloved
Infinite slope model 1.8 and model 1's bu JSE. The nicest speakers I have ever owned!

Last edited by a moderator:
DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Questions

TV
Gaming
Computer

My SVS Ultra

I have no idea, surprise me.

1369ic

Audiophyte
Online mostly, but with occasional purchases in brick and mortar stores. I buy things online for convenience and savings, but also because of a lack of local retailers for some equipment. But you have to hear things, and if I think a store has made the sale and the price differential is not too great I'll buy it from the store.

A DAC, the Musical Fidelity V-DAC II, to be precise. I have moved to a PC-based system and having seen the difference a DAC can make I want to upgrade. The V-DAC seems to be the sweet spot between soundly engineered products and audiophile snake oil. Also, it makes no sense to pay $1K or more for a DAC when I can't afford the kind of speakers that might reveal the difference between it and a well-executed $350 DAC.

Harmon Kardon 730 from the '70s.

4. What areas of the consumer electronics industry (specifically audio/video) do you feel are untapped and offer the most potential from new technology? They've got it covered pretty well, actually. Some people only care about the image and don't get what quality sound does for the experience.

W

Willyja

Audiophyte
Questions

a. Online, usually more cheaper and online companies usually offer better support.

GoogleTV, so far, one of the easiest off the shelf products to use to cruise the internet on your tv.

Emotiva x-ref speaker line, world renowned speaker designer with an affordable price.

LG el9500, marks progress in oled technology, the next big step in hd televisions.

Emotiva xpa-5

4. What areas of the consumer electronics industry (specifically audio/video) do you feel are untapped and offer the most potential from new technology? Interaction of various a/v components with smartphones.

NOTE this contest ends on December 31st, 2011. The winner will be drawn shortly thereafter.

BrazenC5

BrazenC5

Enthusiast
Online - generally best pricing, and convienence.

1. newest smartphones (nexus, razr, galaxy S2, etc) - getting faster and more efficient (4G, less battery drain, etc)
2. wireless video/audio (STB) transmitters for the home - less hassle running coax around the house or through walls, the freedome to place the TV anywhere you want, or to easily change room configurations.
3. newest LED/LCD smart HDTVs - love watching TV, and integrated apps such netflix is just too convienent (i prefer it to running via my PS3). TVs are getting larger and more technology packed at the same price points as last year.

Yamaha YSP 4100

Home automation using smartphone apps.

Choose me, I need a sub to match up to my YSP-4100!! :)

Last edited:
P

Pa Yankee

Enthusiast
Questions

• Specialty Retail Store
  • Custom Installer

Online. The convenience of being able to compare and view all products online is why I shop on the Internet. The prices of most items are also less than what they would be at a retail store.

Mobile devices because of improved features and conveniences such as games and battery life.
Glasses-Free 3d technology because I think that it is awesome.
Large Screen sized televisions because of the improved features and dramatic reduction in prices over the years.

My dad's Technic's cd player he gave to me a long time ago.

I feel that integration with devices such as the iPhone or iPad that could be used to control devices such as the receiver, blu-ray player, or televisions is an idea that has not been tried.

C

canelli

Audioholic
How do you buy your high-end audio products today? Why?
  • I usually buy from a Custom Installer or Specialty Store.
  • I like to audition the equipment with a zero hassle / return cost. Shipping gets expensive for heavier gear.
  • With local installers and dealers, I find it easier to build a trusting relationship. This makes it easier to borrow their gear or just get help / suggestions. The biggest plus is that I seem to get better discounts with someone local. Second thought, make that the main reason
What three consumer electronics products in the market today are you most excited about and why?
  • NAS devices supporting multiple disks (more than 2) with audio/video streaming. The wife and I are tired of hunting for movies and music disks stored in a mega-changer. It’s much easier to just bring up the available movies with a touch of the button.
  • 84” 4K TV- Football has never looked so good.
  • Google TV

What is your most treasured audio component?
  • JL F112

What areas of the consumer electronics industry (specifically audio/video) do you feel are untapped and offer the most potential from new technology?

• Home Automation: Lighting, Security, Monitoring, Smart Appliances – use with Droid/IPhone

indulger

indulger

Audioholic

Online; Better deals and no local sellers

1.) LCD/LED TV's; Keep getting bigger, constant picture quality improvement, at reasonable prices
2.) Tablets; Potential for unlimited uses
3.) Wireless Technology; Freedom from cables

Speakers/Sub: These are the only reason to have audio equipment, why skimp

Wireless technology: Whether it be for Tablet Remotes or the passing of Audio/Video signals.

Bryguy

Bryguy

Audioholic
1. Online and Specialty Retail Stores.

2. Really, nothing new, everything is about the same as the last couple of years. I feel 3-D on TV's is gimmicky and should be done away with so the manufactures can focus on quality and RELIABILITY. I would like to also see better quality (Boxes) and better customer service and support from the likes of Dish Network, Direct TV, Verizon, Comcast and so forth.

3. Right now, it is still my Yamaha 1400 receiver and B&W S4's. They might be 10 years old but still work like new.

4. Compatability. Full Compatability across all brands/ crossbrands.

F

frsteve

Audiophyte
Online if I can't find a Specialty Retail Store.
I prefer to support local folks if they are somewhat competitive.

Panasonic vt30 because I am going to buy one soon. Best reviews for plasma.
Oppo 93 to go with the new Tellie- again best reviews
Android phone - motorola Droid Razr. I tested them and like it best-- Bionic second; if the price is much better then Bionic.

3. What is your most treasured audio component? my bi-amped KEF's

I'm old school and more analogue product would please me.

dalumberjack

dalumberjack

Audioholic
Questions

Specialty Retail Store
Custom Installer
I buy mostly online or at a store. It is hard to buy locally as 99% of the stuff I am interested in most stores don't carry.

1. passive 3d for home use as I will never use glasses to watch tv.
2. The new 4K television& 55 inch OLED TV from LG going to be at CES this year. Love watching companies push the envelope.
3. The new Ivory Bridge (computer nerd) CPU from Intel.

It's a tie between my Onkyo 5007 or my awesome Klipsch KLF-30's with modified X-Overs.

Home automation / integration. How awesome would it be for me to be able to txt my house on my way home so it could turn on some music for me, put the tv on my favorite channel etc. Would just be part of the whole package long with the lighting and temperature control we see today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis