Enter to Win: STF-2 Sub from Hsu!

Which three below would you like to see in our product line offering and services?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slksc

Audiophyte
Since the normal sub-woofer has definite WAF issues, a slimmer model with additional wood veneers would definitely be a hit in my house. Perhaps a dual tower design for real bass lovers.

J

jhanley

Junior Audioholic
The following options would interest me...

"Additional wood veneer choices"
Helps with the WAF factor

"Slimmer profile subwoofer model"
I do not want a HUGE box, just huge bass

"Miscellaneous "
I have all hardwood floors. I need better solution than
putting rubber disks under the spikes. Some
kind of a hardwood friendly base would be great.

B

Brandst

Junior Audioholic
In order of importance:

More Finishes: With the size of subs and sometimes the necessary placement it would be nice to pick from a variety of aesthetic appearances to match decor.

Slimmer Profile: For people without alot of room some of the subs on the market are just too large to be practical.

Amp Features: Mainly to pick the 3rd item, but depending on the features could be useful in setting the sub up correctly in a given environment.

Steve

jthomp27

jthomp27

Audioholic Intern
Dsp!

DSP is the one feature I feel strongly about - I bought a ACEi DSP for one of my subs, and it did a terrific job of leveling out my sub and making it sound "more natural" for music by correcting some of the acoustic flaws in my room.

The other feature I feel strongly about it nicer finishes. If the wife isn't happy, no one is.

B

Blundaar

Audioholic
1.Additional amplifier features- Who doesn't like to play!
2.Additional wood veneer choices like cherry, bird's eye maple, ash, rosewood, piano black- You could have the best sounding sub in the world, but if your wife doesn't like the finish, you're going to wind up putting it in a place where nobody can see it, or hear it the way it should be heard!
3.Slimmer profile subwoofer model- Similar to #2. Most women I know hate subs ("big, useless, cubes"). A smaller profile or intriguing design would go a long way to bridge the gap.

C

cleansparks

Enthusiast
As someone who moves around a bit and through areas with different power requirements, I would like to see an external way to switch from 120v to 240v rather than having to deal with an internal jumper.

I would also like to see the wood veneers offered on more models.

S

sy527x

Audioholic Intern
HSU Sub Contest...

Additional amp features make the sub more flexible for a any system.

More wood veneers, lots of different likes/dislikes of people and lots of different furniture/room colors to match to.

Slimmer profile would be very convenient for hiding the sub and moving it.

E

enier

Audiophyte
Additional wood veneer choices like cherry, bird's eye maple, ash, rosewood, piano black
- So it's easier to match existing speakers veneers and/or WifeAcceptanceFactor.
Slimmer profile subwoofer model
- For placements in tight spaces especially for dual sub configuration.
DSP technology
- For less than ideal room acoustics.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Sub options

* I would like to see more veneer option on the smaller subwoofer because looks are important for my living room HT.
* Also voted for DSP cotrnols and equilization.
* While it will not effect the end product, a website is important for an internet direct company and Hsu's could use some updating.

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic
I chose:

Additional wood veneer choices: It makes it easier to match existing speakers or get WAF

Slimmer profile: For room placement issues, a thinner sub can save a little bit of floor space

DSP: Again, for help with room placement, DSP can be helpful

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I definitely say more wood choices, gotta keep things matched and looking good.

Slimmer profile, as some are limited with space, it's always nice to have different size options while choosing a sub.

I also would like some DSP technology to allow me to have a more custom sound.

D

dlrepp

Enthusiast
I picked the slimmer box. I already have a cube that works nicely where it is. I just had to buy my wife a matching lamp to put on top of it. My daughter would like a system in her room and there isn't much room in there so slim would be better. Also I teach Bible at a private school and it would be a boon(m) to my system there and space is a consideration.

Which brings me to the next choice-matching bookshelf speakers. That would be good for my daughter's room and my school room for praise and worship.

A remote controlled sub could be a big help. Most AV receivers can't do much as far as changing volumes, filters,etc. on the fly.

Dan

A

AFJumper03

Junior Audioholic
I think a slimmer profile on a sub is something that even the best companies have overlooked. I understand that physics dictates that for a sub to be powerful it has to be large, but my 12inch sub just dominates the room, it can really be an eyesore. Thats why I also think the finish is important. If its going to be big and obvious, it better look as good as possible :)

P

PStrigen

Audiophyte
Features: a switch that allows two settings (pure music and pure movies).
DSP: followup from one above, using this to allow the switch.
Other: Music would have tight bass, and the movies would have more dbs with wider range.

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
For the wife what it look likes is more important than what it sounds like, so finish choice is important to be able to blend with the decor of the room.

DSP, i just ordered the ULW 10 one of the reasons i chose this sub was for the SOS that it comes with.

book shelf loudspeakers that can go down to at least 60hz

T

topp

Audiophyte
I chose:
  • Additional amplifier features
  • Additional wood veneer choices like cherry, bird's eye maple, ash, rosewood, piano black
  • DSP technology

More power is always a good thing. Piano finish rosewood looks very cool. And with other companies coming out with DSP technology on their subs, it would may be a good feature to build into the sub, or sell an add on component. Which selling accessories is always good.

Thanks,
Topp

R

rushwj

Audioholic
I'd like to see more veneer options to better match the environment. i think hsu's products are wonderful and don't care so much about some things like a "slicker website"

T

TamaraDLeonard

Enthusiast
Additional wood veneer choices like cherry, bird's eye maple, ash, rosewood, piano black - I would love for them to blend in with my furniture better.

Slimmer profile subwoofer model -I would love a subwoofer that wasn't so big. It would go better with my more delicate furniture pieces and not stand out so much but I would still have great sound.

Bookshelf type speakers - Until I can afford 'built-in- speakers in ceiling and walls, I would like them to be able to blend in and be as unnoticeable as possible, without me having to sacrifice sound quality.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
More color choices top my list. Also a remote for the amp.

The Numenorian

The Numenorian

Junior Audioholic
Additional amplifier features- it would be nice to have tweakable amps or a variety of amplifiers available for a particular product.

Additional wood veneer choices like cherry, bird's eye maple, ash, rosewood, piano black- finishes like these are a nice final touch for a subwoofer company

DSP technology- not necessarily sound field technology, but subwoofer equalizing technology for your room/setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis