Enter to Win: SonicWave Speaker Interconnects from Impact Acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brianjof

Audioholic Intern
1 - Banana plugs with insulation
2 - White or black
3 - Different markings to distinguish + and - and are relatively flexible.

M

mjmchugh

Enthusiast
SonicWave Speaker Interconnects

Thanks for the oppurtunity to have input;

1) I am a fan of spades, I seem to be able to get the surest connection and can really lock down on binding posts.

2) All long runs are above my drop ceiling in my HT but my 2 channel mains have completely visible cable. I prefer black, gray or some sort of high-end decorative look (some cables have a decorative mesh sleeve). I agree that performance is the number One attribute but if I am going to spend extra money on high quality cable, I expect a certain high quality finish to compliment the look of the high-end monitors. The sleeve in my opinion is not necessary by a neutral (black or gray) finished look is nice.

3) A Durable and flexible jacket. I do not have experience between the performance of different jacket materials but it does need to be flexible and durable. Like most folks with kids and animals (2 dogs) I do not have 100% all my own space, so I must expect at some point the children will drop something, animal claws will inadvertently step on them, and of course I will hit it with the vacuum on the rare occasion I am in a hurry:) so durability is key for me. I do not want to replace my 300+ dollar cables every time a mistake is made in the house, within reason of course.

R

rushwj

Audioholic
1. banana
2. yes, but only in so far as it matches the rest (like black or white), not red or blue etc..
3. i do prefer the sonic wave by impact acoustics (not just saying that) look and feel. it's a very smooth and solid feeling and looking wire.

hope i win!

Senior Audioholic
1. What types of connectors do you prefer for speaker cables?

Just bare wire

2. Is color important of the jacket important to you? What color do you prefer?

Not really to me as I try to hide the wire as much as possible.

3. Is speaker cable jacket material important? Is a certain type of look and feel preferred?

No, as long as it is flexible.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
1) Banana connects.
2) I like dark colors. Easier to hide. Although I did buy white cables to go against the wall/ceiling.
3) Not important.

F

fteixeira

Enthusiast

I'm a fan of spades. I believe they give me the best contact.

A neutral gray is the best. I have used expando-sleeve to change the color of cabling in the past.

3. Is speaker cable jacket material important? Is a certain type of look and feel preferred?

If I'm buying long lengths, plenum-grade is important. It gives me the option of installing the wiring in-wall if I choose to do so, while still be compliant with building codes. I know this may seen minor to some. But for me, if I have the exact same wire in plenum-grade and non-plenum, I will choose the plenum even if its a bit more expensive (but not prohibitively expensive).

C

Churchy

Audiophyte
1. Bananna plug

2. No

3. No

Thank you for the contest!

F

Fierce Mice

Audioholic Intern
1. What types of connectors do you prefer for speaker cables? Banana plugs

2. Is color important of the jacket important to you? What color do you prefer? No

3. Is speaker cable jacket material important? NoIs a certain type of look and feel preferred? No

D

dbpolk

Enthusiast
1. What types of connectors do you prefer for speaker cables? No connector. Regular wire with soldered ends

2. Is color important of the jacket important to you? What color do you prefer? Nope

3. Is speaker cable jacket material important? Is a certain type of look and feel preferred? Nope

There are a lot of overpriced HT wiring gimmicks. Yours is a nice clean product, I feel is somewhat overpriced.

J

jdbwolverines

Audioholic Intern
1. I prefer banana plugs because they seem to universally work well. I also like spades because they seem to get better contact but occassionaly don't fit well

2. I don't really care about color as long as it is fairly neutral

3. I don't care about jacket material so long as it is flexible and durable

J

JIMENG

Enthusiast
1. Banana Plugs would be my first selection
2. Colors which blend more with the environment typically black, white or beige come to mind.
3. Flexibility, cables which do not degrade my speakers performance. Price and availabilty, along with good customer service for us rookies :)

T

trhoffman

Audiophyte
1. Banana Plugs
2. Color doesn't make a whole lot of difference.
3. Plenum ratings can be useful. For non-wall / conduit runs, I do like something that will protect the wires. For the most part, the packinging doesn't usually make all that much of a difference, either.

evilkat

evilkat

Senior Audioholic
1. Banana plugs
2. Some sort of neutral/earthy color that will blend well with the decor. Something that's low visibility and does not attract attention.

3. Jacket material needs to have the following characteristics:

a. Flexibility
b. Durability
c. Ability to provide good shielding
d. Smooth as possible (without ridges) so that dust does not get attracted to it.

S

Spacedghost

Audiophyte
1. Spade Connectors
2. Color is not a factor for me.
3. Jacket material is not important as long as it's flexable.

Shaun

V

vannareth

Audiophyte
1. spade connectors

2. no color(clear)

3. plexibilty

B

bearearz

Junior Audioholic
Will Win Speaker Interconnects form Impact Acoustics

1. Banana.

2. No, Function is primary, great looking is a plus!
3. I like well built,low resistance,well made speaker jacket material, large, sturdy with a clean look!

PC2

PC2

Audiophyte
I like...............

1.) I like Bananas and Spades. Bananas for receiver ends and spades for speaker ends. Spades fit more flush with speakers and stands for a cleaner look.

2.) Yes, color is important to blend in. Black goes with everything.

3.) Jacket really dosen't matter. As long as its flexible.

S

Shortsord

Audioholic Intern
Banana plugs by far, just because of their simplicity.

Color doesn't matter so much, as neutral as possible is nice though. Either very pale or very dark. I wouldn't shy away from, tie-die though.

Look and feel don't matter as much as it being very, very sturdy, but still flexible enough to bend about 90 degrees. If it bends that much, I'm happy, and if that's all it will bend because of how darn strong the material is, I'm even happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis