Enter to Win: Rear Speakers from Axiom Audio

Which is most likely to be your next purchase?

• Amplification

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Video display

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • Processor

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Front speakers

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Surround speakers

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Sub-woofer

Votes: 23 17.4%
  • DVD player

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Other source component

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
fatroz

fatroz

Audioholic Intern
HD me!

I have a pretty decent A/V reciever, a Sony STR DA5000-ES that I am very happy with, so I won't be purchasing a new reciever anytime soon. I also am pretty happy with my front speakers. They are Krix speakers if anyone has heard of them. They sound great. I do need rear speakers pretty bad since the ones I am using now are speakers from on old cheap "stereo system". But I would really like to upgrade to an HD display. Which, of course, won't happen for a while since I can't afford one, but that is what I would like to purchase next.:)

T

thundergust

Audioholic Intern
I have everything except a good subwoofer.

T

Tazmoj

Audioholic Intern
Subwoofer

I am looking for a new sub. Was sold on the EP-500 ( after listening to much of what the members here said ) but I'm hearing so much about SVS, that I'm having to delay a decision until I learn more. The latest issue of The Absolute Sound has them touting the Definitive SuperCube 1 ( $1199 ) and James EMB-1000 ($1595 0 receiving their award. :mad:

S

scottclark

Audiophyte
Voted for surrounds because...

I really need to upgrade the old Polks that I'm using that are stuffed in the corners behind furniture because my wife can't stand looking at them. They're the indoor outdoor white plastic ones that don't do justice to rest of my system.

N

Nuke

Enthusiast
Outfitting an entire new room

I'm actually getting all of the items on the list as I'm outfitting my new HT. Planning to go with Epic 80-600 5.1, so the 7.1 would be absolutely bad-***.

Thanks!

- Nuke

Y

Yuri

Audiophyte
I made the mistake a few years back of buying a basic HTIB with a cheap sub and have regretted it ever since so I'm definetely going to invest in a quality subwoofer this time around.

Cavey

Cavey

Enthusiast
Front speakers because my old ones are 12 years old,not saying they sound bad.But it would be nice to upgrade plus i listen to music mostly.

S

star2sound

Enthusiast
1080p video display to take advantage of all the new HD formats that are becoming available

P

Phillip Tran

Enthusiast
Sub woofer

I recently purchased 3 pairs of M3 speakers. I think a sub woofer is needed.

I mostly listen to music since my kids took over the TV and all of my time. However, once in awhile I could setup a **temp** 5.1 HT system w/ 5 M3s and a sub woofer. My budget is not ready for a **real** HT system yet.

:) :) :)

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
I like to get new mid-end bookshelf speakers for the living room. Looking for speakers that are small for high WAF.

P

Puppetz

Audioholic Intern
I selected video display since our "great room" calls for a TV in the 70-72 inch range rather than the 32 incher we have currently. Of course, this also will give us the opportunity to graduate to HDTV.

G

GaminGeer

Audiophyte
I'm still going to University and trying to pay off the bills for everything, but once that's done I plan on purchasing a whole new HT setup. Right now I'm using a Pioneer 5.1 HTIB from a few years ago with a Benq PB6100 projector shooting onto an 80" screen. Nothing fancy, but it's good enough for now.

I'm not exactly sure what order I'll end up buying the components, but I'm guessing that the processor will be first. I'm looking at getting an Axiom speaker package, but I'm not sure what my budget will be at the time. Right now I'm thinking the Epic 60-350, but that could change.

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
I chose "Front Speakers" only because that was the closest choice. I actually plan to buy a complete 7.1 system and a new receiver around the second quarter of next year. I need to build my media room first though. Oh, yeah, the rest of the house too, but that's incidental. Details.

Hay

Audiophyte
I love my Axioms, sub & receiver.

The TV isn't old but it has been acting up...plus it's only 47" wide HDTV I think I really need to start measuring my screen in feet ;)

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
Which is most likely to be your next purchase?

Actually, there are a variety of things I want to upgrade (e.g., speakers including subwoofer, universal disc player, and home theater receiver used as surround sound processor), but what needs upgrading the most is my TV, which is currently still a standard-def analog CRT-based TV. Of all my components, my TV is sorely obsolete compared to everything else in my home theater system.

Darth Mike

Darth Mike

Audioholic
I will be upgrading my reciever, since I'm in the process of selling my old one, and since I want 7.1.

W

walter227

Audiophyte
Looking for 3d sound!

Using my J*C surround speakers, seems like something missing. These from Axiom look like they would provide the 3d sound I am looking for, the kind where you look over your shoulder at the surround speakers while they are in use and forget for a second that it`s only the speakers , not real live rustling in the leaves as the swamp thing emerges from the darkness! lol

evilkat

evilkat

Senior Audioholic
I voted video display coz I need a new TV. Definitely getting a sound system AFTER that though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis