Enter to Win: Pair of x-ls Bookshelf Speakers from AV123!

KC23

KC23

Audioholic
Tom Andry said:
AV123 wants your opinion!

AV123 is giving away a pair of x-ls bookshelf speakers in your choice of finishes (MSRP $199) to one (1) lucky forum member that answers the question in the forum below.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question in the forum below:

Contest Question: What is your favorite finish on a loudspeaker and why?

[Click here for more information on the Onix x-ls bookshelf speakers]

[Read the Review]

Note this contest ends on March 31st 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Cherry. Looks classy and will go well with the wood flooring I will be putting in soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

thundergust

Audioholic Intern
A combination of gloss black and wood(rosenut/maple/birch) colour is a classic among loudspeakers because it fits into every room.

The Numenorian

The Numenorian

Junior Audioholic
I prefer a finish that can blend into the room by matching with the furniture, walls, or both...but if all else fails, a nice piano gloss black will suffice in pretty much any location.

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
I think I'd have to say that a wood grain with a matte black color is best. My wife hates gloss black, as it makes the speakers stand out too much... I guess I don't care for them much, either. A matte black can blend with most decor, and works awesome in a home theater room when the lights are off, since you don't want to see the speakers during the movie. I subtle wood grain in the black also looks nice since it isn't just a bland looking box.

S

suds1280

Audiophyte
Favorite Finish..

I would say a semi-gloss birch or light maple finish with a light amount of grain. Light enough to draw some attention to it (c'mon, who here doesn't acknowlegde showing off every once in a while) but with a nice wood finish, and a little hint of color. Also, other than black, this color tends to match with the highest amount of decors

E

extreme

Audiophyte
I like cherry... Like women the red thing is just saucy....

J

jroc

Audiophyte
I like woodgrain finishes. Right now I have maple & I really like the look of them.

W

wrunow

Enthusiast
I am partial to any of the natural woods and especially like a hand rubbed finish with a light stain, or none, that brings out the natural grain in the wood.

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
black ash
that way when the wife changes furniture the speakers can stay

S

sjcguy

Junior Audioholic
To be conservative: black.

Like someone mentioned, I would pick the color to match with the floor and the room but to be placed in anywhere, black is my first choice.

K

KrazyFool

Audiophyte
Cherry Wood because it has a warm feel and look that is obviously very natural

mkossler

mkossler

Audioholic
For me it depends on the room.

For the home theater, it's Piano Black. I want them to absolutely disappear when the lights go down, but be an elegant statement when the lights are up.

For the music room, I want them to blend with the other wood furniture. Since I am married to a Swede :) , that means light finishes. In a commonly frequented room, especially one that is used during daylight hours, speakers are furniture, and today it's possible for speakers and other furniture to complement each other. In fact, the speakers and furniture can be combined to create an esthetic, high-performance organic whole that makes a decisive statement about the owner/designer.

I think that it's about time to recognize that audio, video, and living spaces are now part of a single lifestyle choice. Just as chairs, tables, and other accessories are part of the pallet of choices when laying out a new kitchen or dining room, audio/video elements must be a factor when considering other common living spaces.

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
I will go with a Cherry Color. I love dark woods so anything dark and woody. I also love Black. Not a fan of the lighter stuff like Beech.

R

relahi

Audiophyte
Rich looking mahogany or rosewood finishes complement the listening environment. Too often, modern or contemporary looking speakers detract from the overall ambience of a listening room, even though they may sound great.

E-6

Audioholic Intern
I have been satisfied with poly speaker enclosures due to their durability--definately not a hit with my wife especially with a large ISD12/2 staring at her in our TV room :D.

WorldLeader

WorldLeader

Full Audioholic
I really like the rich and deep look of African Mahogany, it really stands out as proffesional and classy. It also has that look of a hard-core "I mean buisness" speaker finish. While glossy black is nice, a real wood finish a lot cooler in my opinion.

F

flsalinas

Enthusiast
x-ls

I like the glossy black as well. Mainly for reasons already stated. It goes with everything and it looks very slick.

B

bearearz

Junior Audioholic
X-Is Bookshelf Speakers give-away

In tearms of speaker Color ,Natural-Wood grain,preffrebly the harder/darker woods:TeeK,Oak,Iron-wood.The dark-deep tones of rose-wood are amoung the finest! (thanks,bearearz)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis