Enter to Win: Pair of x-ls Bookshelf Speakers from AV123!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My favorite finish is a nice birdseye maple because you can get that deep, marble like look with them. Second would be a nice medium cherry.

*edit - I have to say I really like the South American Rosewood on the Rockets as well. VERY nice.

Last edited:
jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I like a nice solid black. I like speakers to be elegant and blend into the room. The sound should speak for itself.

However, if it fits the room, a nice subtle cherry finish can look quite nice too.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Contest Question: What is your favorite finish on a loudspeaker and why?

Contest Answer: Black, cos then you can't see it very easily when most of the lights are off. But I also like some finishes that aren't black, but very dark, like a cherry kind of colour. Just cos they look pretty, and that appeals too.

cheers,
supervij

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
Black is the easiest to match, but my mind can be changed with a dark oak or cherry that will match my oak floors.:D

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
i like a rosewood finish, the black is a little too common. the others arent very attractive to me.

high gloss is nice, anything that looks quality.

majorloser

majorloser

My Pick in Order

1. Natural to medium cherry (rather have roseword over dark cherry)
2. Rosewood
3. Piano Black

I like piano black except for trying to keep it clean. It always looks dusty.

D

daman4799

Junior Audioholic
Piano black, just goes well with all furniture. Only problem is dusting LOL!!

Later, Daman

R

RMK!

Speaker Finish

Yet another vote for piano black. Classy and works with just about any room decor.

C

cyfman

Audioholic Intern
Contest Answer

i vote for black also.it goes with about 90% of all home decors.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I'm a really big fan of the really light woods with a slick glossy finish. I look at something like that, and i know good sound will emerge. I've never seen a cheap, poorly built speaker in a light, glossy finish....

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Rosewood or Boston Cherry.

Why? Do I REALLY need to explain that? It's farking sexeh man!

SheepStar

279BLUE

Enthusiast
I have a set of Onix Ref speakers in the rosewood. My wife & I both love the color and finish.

A

AzN_plyR

Audioholic
cherry finish with black speakers/ports. Nothing can beat that clean yet original look.

F

Funkymonkey22

Audiophyte
Fav color

Like mostly everyone esle, I like black. I would love a birch or white oak, but it would distract the eye in the HT. If I hade to vote, I'd pick espresso as my favorite.

colin.p

colin.p

Audioholic Intern
Basic Black, Man

Audio equipment should be like Fords and Harleys, any color, as long as it's black.
I just find that black will really go with any decor, but I just prefer the way it looks. However, a nice gloss black does look sharp.

Colin

E

ebrius

Enthusiast
Either piano black or a rich finish with a nice wood grain, it really depends on the room

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
I really like medium Oak and off white stains. Cherry is a popular color with furniture, but very decor specific.

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
Rosewood. I like the rich finishes as well. Rosewood, Mahogany. interesting grain, finish so deep you can see way down.

My second favorite finish is the one that Audioholics gives me!!

XSound

A

akebono

Enthusiast
I guess i'm strange, I like the matte black the best. I guess it's lucky for me that no one charges extra for that 'finish'. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis