Enter to Win: Outdoor Speakers from Aperion Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
The only option i'd consider of the choices is:
Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system.

The other options are fairly significant compromises and would only be considered if space were limited.

Moutee

Moutee

Junior Audioholic
I'd go with an in-wall 5.1 system. "Hidden" speakers would be the perfect match for my modest home theater since the room is rather smal.

S

supa8hi

Audiophyte
I would pick New Front Towers by Definitive

The 7001SC by Definitive Tech cannot be beat for a very wide front sound stage for movies and music. With built in 1500 WATT subwoofers they are very easy to fine tune that BIG TIME BASS THAT YOU WANT!!

C

Chriskapher

Audiophyte
I would select the Wireless system. I like the clean (no wires) look. My home is complete; to fish wires through the wall is just not an option. Wireless is the best solution.

dougg

dougg

Junior Audioholic
Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system

mm d e d dddddddd

F

fgiles

Enthusiast
I would consider:
A 2.1 system.
Possibly a bookshelf or on-wall 5.1.
Wireless surrounds or wireless system would be interesting if they worked well enough. (I'm not convinced yet). In wall system have a definite downside for those who redecorate or move every few years.

D

dpristin

Enthusiast
bookshelf 5.1 - the best combination of size/sound quality/price

W

WRRHalum

Audiophyte
Pretend you are looking to purchase your first or second flat panel TV, which of the following speaker configurations would you consider? Why or why not?

* In wall 5.1 system - No: updating would be such a pain
* Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system - Yes! while we're pretending..
* Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub - runner-up
* Smallest possible on wall solution - No
* Wireless surrounds or wireless system - NFW
* Other? - existing stereo: suits the budget; the sad reality

V

varkeast

Junior Audioholic
* In wall 5.1 system
I would consider this as #1 option to keep a flush in/on wall appearance
* Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system
This would be second choice to optimize sound quality and speaker placement/angles
* Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub
would not consider, i dont think simulated surround can hold up to a good 5.1 system
* Smallest possible on wall solution
would not consider small speakers, there is no way they can match a full sized system in the low-mid range
* Wireless surrounds or wireless system
wireless surrounds would be a distant 3rd option, i am not sure how much audio quality is lost over wireless so cant determine

G

GlickAVGuy

Audiophyte
Pick your surround config.

Let's be honest, It all depends on your wife or girlfriend...

In wall 5.1 system YES
The wife loves in-walls, hidden and go with most decor. I feel in-wall speakers have greatly improved with back boxes and other acoustic controls.

Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system YES
I would most like a front tower system, full size center and large on-wall surrounds.

•Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub NO
Not a fan of the sound bar. I don’t think the simulated surround field has been perfected yet.

•Smallest possible on wall solution NO
Do not like on-walls for front speakers, and if I was going to do surround sound I would only use small on-wall system for a second room, like a den.

•Wireless surrounds or wireless system MAYBE
I just don’t trust the wireless systems yet, I believe the technology has to be improved.
•Other?
I would love a 7.2 system with tower fronts and room subwoofers and in-wall center and surrounds.

Z

Zool

Audioholic Intern

Purchasing a flat panel television is usally a result from a need to make efficient use of space or aesthetics. There is probably more, but these two reasons are the heavy weights on the subject. In order to supplement the look and feel of the flat panel, I would go with something that is sleek in nature, as with an on wall solution in a 5.1 configuration. Ideally the L/R/C would all match and have front firing portals. The back two rears also sleek, but in a dipole configuration. The sub should also be small in nature, yet big on sound - my first thought are the 'Sunfire' subs, but there are many others that can work as well.

This would be a convenient 'win' for me as I just got approval from the wife for outdoor audio :)

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic
Contest Question: Pretend you are looking to purchase your first or second flat panel TV, which of the following speaker configurations would you consider? Why or why not?

* In wall 5.1 system
* Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system
* Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub
* Smallest possible on wall solution
* Wireless surrounds or wireless system
* Other?

My current flat panel is in a tower and bookshelf 7.1 system. If I were to get a second flat panel it would be one of two choices based on where I could place it, soundbar, provided it wasn't too wide, or simply use the tv speakers. I might be able to add a sub to the soundbar if I put it right under the tv, but it would have to be an awful small sub.

H

Hutzal

Audioholic Intern
Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system

Because it still offers the best sound quality over in-wall speakers.

B

bobt77

Audiophyte
Speaker Choice

Depends on TV size and location. Main 50"+ TV in LivRm probably Towers and 5.1 or 7.1. Secondary location (BR or small Den) w/ 37"-42" TV probably in-wall.

amagiri

amagiri

Enthusiast
•In wall 5.1 system - If I own the house, I would go this route. High WAF - sound designs are improving significantly over past 5 years.

•Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system - Rent, least intrusive to structure of the house (no cutting drywall nor fishing wires) - can get great sound. No reason to go 7.1 - most audio in movies mixed at 5.1.

•Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub - Perfect Bedroom solultion - most bedrooms can become closed off rectangular cubes, providing great surfaces for technology to work in.

•Smallest possible on wall solution - Nope - don't like the compromise. No one is happy - sticks out from wall

•Wireless surrounds or wireless system - Never heard a good wireless system. My house already runs 3 wireless networks (+ neighbors)

SunnyOctopus

SunnyOctopus

Audioholic
I'd go with the towers. I'd be completely willing to compromise room aesthetics for sound quality.

B

bigspur1984

Enthusiast
Front towers for 5.1 system

I love the look and sound of a great tower. I do not think I could get the kind of sound I want out of in wall speakers and I know I will not get it from a sound bar.

C

ChunkyDark

Full Audioholic
I would use them so this years annual Fruit Pie Day film festival could be conducted outdoors.
Yes it's a made up holiday, but it's OUR made up holiday. If hallmark can do why can't your below average citizen?!??!!!

/begin shameless plug
www.fruitpieday.com
/end shameless plug

B

BobBart

Audioholic
I'd go with the in wall 5.1. I think it would fit in with my present decor the best and be unobtrusive.

R

rsantella

Audiophyte
* In wall 5.1 system - No, unless perhaps building a new house and the room geography lent itself to have the surrounds in wall, but only the surrounds.
* Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system - Yes, optimal. First choice.
* Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub - Only in secondary room.
* Smallest possible on wall solution - Yes, but not too small to sacrifice sound quality.
* Wireless surrounds or wireless system - Only for outdoor. SQ not good enough yet.
* Other? Nothing comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis