Enter to Win: Intimus 4BP Bipole Surround Speakers from Aperion Audio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cantrell

Audiophyte
I stream all my mp3's from my main computer to the PS3 using PS3 Media Server. I ran a network drop behind the tv just for this purpose :D. It works well for my needs.

B

blackzarg

Junior Audioholic
Right now I have multiple ways:

Family Room/Theater: iPod Touch Remote App + Macbook Pro
My Macbook Pro is hooked to my receiver, and I use the iPod Touch to control what's being played through the system. I used to use Medialink by Nullriver for my PS3, but since I've switched to lossless audio, I do this instead.

Bedroom: Long Cable
In my bedroom I have a 25ft Toslink/Mini cable that I plug into my computer to receiver, and use the receivers control to control volume, etc.

In the future, I plan on getting an Apple Airport Express to stream my Apple Lossless files.

ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera

Junior Audioholic
How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup!

My home theater's Denon gets a direct connection to my PC/HTPC via Coaxial Digital S/PDIF 96Khz. (same room, best solution)

If music is required in other areas (Garage, bedroom, etc) I bring around my $250 Dell netbook (with wireless to my main PC) and plug in analog (which isn't that great) to the various micro-systems. I am going to buy a quality external USB sound card for it eventually so I can demo flac's off it on others systems.

I currently carry my Archos 604 wifi with flac's decompressed to WAV and demo with that.

A whole house system would be nice but not until I move to a larger house. Then I wouldn't have to juggle so much equipment.

H

hawkerman

Audioholic Intern
Contest Question: How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup.

I use an Audio Engine wireless device. It works great. Any source I have on the computer; internet radio, mp3's, or whatever gets sent to my receiver. There has never been any signal loss and the sound quality isn't that bad. It might not be perfect, but its as perfect as I've seen on the market today.

M

mikeak

Audiophyte
Currently I hook up an ipod to the receiver which covers my whole basement - 3 zones. That works great for the 3 zones and I use the new Harmony 900 to control the system, but I can't control the ipod (not sure if that will be possible as I am still setting things up)

Perfect system would be a wireless system through all floors. 1 repeater per floor would be acceptable, bluetooth controller system that would work through all floors. Ability to connect online radio to the wireless system and change as well. Multiple zones a given requirement.

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
I hook up my laptop to my receiver via HDMI. It works pretty well, aside from the cord I have to drag around.

A perfect system would be a wireless connection that is affordable. I'd be willing to pay about what most iPod docks cost (non-proprietary, of course).

J

jephdood

Junior Audioholic
Sharing from my PC upstairs connected to Linksys wireless-N router..

Downstairs in the HT room, a Linksys wireless-N bridge wired into a modded first-gen Xbox, running XBMC to stream lossless .WAV and some .MP3 and photos.

Ideally I'd have a whole-house SONOS system, if only they'd make their players in black.. :rolleyes:

A good alternative (for me) would be a Squeezebox Duet with multiple controllers.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I've got the bluetooth connection from PC to receiver and also use a line-in for anything else. Pretty simple and it gets the job done.

Perfect setup would be a HTPC hardwired to the receiver for no connectivity issues or converting of formats.

-pat

K

KODG

Junior Audioholic
contest answer

Contest Question: How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup

No good solution at this point. Currently use a iPod dock at work for the transfer of my digital music. I would like to network into my living room from the home office computer. I have Ethernet throughout the house, so could go either wired or wireless.
via a wireless gaming adapter thru windows media.

kodg

W

wesley63

Junior Audioholic
Still very low-tech on the digital music distribution front. I have an iPod doc on each system in the house and just plug in when I want to hear music in each particular place.

Jim

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
Contest Question: How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup.
Currently, I have my music on a workstation, and on a laptop.
I can either connect my laptop or mp3 player to the stereo in my living room using a rca-mini cable, or put the music on a USB key, and connect it to my DVD player.

My perfect setup would be to have a server in a 42U server cabinet in a closet, with storage, a crestron/amx solution, + sources. And have that connected to a projector+TV for the living room. For other rooms, and backyard, they will each have a wireless touch screen remote that can control the audio/video devices in that room.

If I had to keep it under $5k, I would probably have some time of media server extenders hardwired in each room, that could pull from a workstation with a bunch of large SATA drives.

Reorx

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wired

Definitely WIRED, which I believe is the Perfect Setup.

The quality of wireless and portables are no where near the quality of traditional wired systems IMO.

T

Trezl

Junior Audioholic

Currently plugging my MP3 player in wherever I want to listen. I have a wired setup throughout my house, but it's an old Kustom multizone system that I cannot get working right. Not sure if it's the wiring or the Kustom itself.

Ideally, I'd like a wired system with digital touch screen interfaces on the wall in each room.

B

bearearz

Junior Audioholic
INTMUS 4 Bipole

Answer:

My BD player has USB inputs for MP3.

I also have a computer that also acts as a media server,(HT PC).

I do not use any portable devices for home or otherwize.

P

project86

Audioholic
I currently use a Grifin Powerdock to connect my excellent sounding Sansa Fuze to my main setup. As an extra bonus it charges the Fuze. Downside is the lack of remote control for skipping tracks.

I have played with streaming and even built an HTPC but found that it didn't get much use. So I guess my ideal solution is something similar to what I already have but with added remote support.

R

rider45

Audiophyte
Computer network wired to my Escient se-80 (Escinet also connected to internet for artwork downloads) , Escient se-80 optical out to JVC DP15 receiver
wired out to my beautiful sounding Paradigm speakers.

H

heryrg

Audiophyte
No real current solution. Play music on several PC's at home and on TV surround sound wired to PC.

gregt16g

gregt16g

Audioholic Intern

Currently no solution, however we are moving into a new house and everything will be wired. Still deciding on what my "perfect" set-up will be.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

We use my wife's Ipod with a patch cable to the HT receiver or boombox.

I would love to have a music server with whole house audio but the money and the hassle don't seem worth it. Maybe in the future it will be less expensive or the HTPC network option will work better.

G

gpzbc

Audioholic Intern
son-to-be squeezebox

I currently plug my iPod into my Denon stereo, but I in the process of purchasing a squeezebox duet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis