Enter to Win: Headphones from The Speaker Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

captiankirk28

Full Audioholic
I like the over the ear kind, they have always had better sound than the other kind IMO but would like to try a nice pair of the other to.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
In ear headphones are my first choice.

My ears get really hot from the over the ear styles!

-pat

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
I prefer over ear open for listening at home but will used closed at times.

I prefer in ear monitors for public places and portability because they seal out outside noises and are small and easy to carry around.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
My Preference

Over the ear closed I feel like it gets me closer to the true sound I dont like to put anything in to the canal except for my pinky finger on occasion.:eek:

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
I love Over Ear Enclosed, they allow to shut of the rest of the world and go into my own little place where I can enjoy my music to the fullest :D

J

JLMEMT

Junior Audioholic
I generally prefer and use in ear due to their convience.

That being said I have never taken the opportunity to listen to a very good set of over the ear style, so I could probably be convinced to change.

I have been thinking lately that a nice set would be a great option when the rest of the family is sleeping and I am not.

J

jb5200

Audioholic
I prefer In-ear noise cancelling b/c the only time I listen to earphones is when I am exercising and I can't fit over the ear when wearing a cycling helmet.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Over ear enclosed usually, but in ear for active stuff like working out.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Contest Question: What type of headphone do you prefer and why?
  • In Ear
  • In Ear Noise Cancelling
  • Over Ear Open
  • Over Ear Enclosed
  • Over Ear Noise Cancelling
  • Studio Monitor (over ear)
I currently prefer over ear open headphones due to their lightness and comfort , but I also use over ear enclosed at times of noise, although I'm developing a taste for in-ear phones when using my MP3 players.

I'm currently looking at a better set in-ear phones, though.

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
Over the ear open, more comfortable.

For on the go though, in ear are the best, small, portable, and good sealing against outside noise.

D

DaleAV

Full Audioholic
It really depends on the 'application'. If the phones are particularly comfortable, I like over the ear closed. Noise-canceling is nice but I rarely listen in noisy environments.
When I travel I like in the ear for convenience in moving around if necessary.
I never use phones when operating 'machinery' so noise is not an issue when driving, etc. Noise-canceling is a nice upgrade but
nothing replaces comfort, audio quality being a very close 2nd.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I use in-ear Sennheiser CX500s. I liked the idea of passive noise isolation, vs. active noise cancellation, so the in-ear setup appealed to me. I like them quite a bit, but wouldn't mind trying something new as well!

Coult_45

Coult_45

Junior Audioholic
I like over the ear open for long listening comfort. That is what I am used to but I would love to have any pair from the speaker company.

J

jake5717

Audioholic
I prefer in-ear noise canceling only because they are the most practical for me. They can be used at work, at home, in a plane, in the yard, or on a bike rides.

S

sokrman14

Audioholic
I prefer over the ear head phones because they typically seem to give the best bass response for a head phone. With out good bass most headphones sound too harsh or too bright.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
Another USA biased thread.

It's always only aboot you flippin' yanks.

U

upyourkilt

Enthusiast
Contest Question: What type of headphone do you prefer and why?
In Ear
In Ear Noise Cancelling
Over Ear Open
Over Ear Enclosed
Over Ear Noise Cancelling
Studio Monitor (over ear)
I prefer over the ear noise cancelling. I live in a house with three females and the noise(talking, phones) is endless. I also do alot of travelling and this would make my flights more enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis