Enter to Win an Outlaw LFM-1EX Subwoofer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Someday

Enthusiast
Pick me

Questions:
1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?
Performance
Price
Aesthetics
Brand Reputation
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

Performance 50%
Price 30%
Aesthetics 20%
Professional reviews 0%
Personal recommendations 0%

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.
my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
other

I do not stream.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?

When I tink of Outlaw I think of Amps, lots of power, low distortion, great value. Make them better, maybe Class D amps, cooler running.

F

flsalinas

Enthusiast
1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?

Performance = 80%
Price = 70%
Aesthetics = 50%
Brand Reputation = 50%
Discounts and Promotions = 5%
Professional Reviews = 90%
Personal Recommendations = 5%
Other (please describe) = 0%

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.

My xbox 360. Because I can watch netflix and Amazon in HD and 5.1 and Hulu plus in HD.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?

Class D amplifiers. Because I ahve always wanted an outlaw product and I am currently looking into buying a quality class D amplifier.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Questions:
  • Performance
  • Price
  • Aesthetics
  • Brand Reputation
  • Discounts and Promotions
  • Professional Reviews
  • Personal Recommendations
  • Other (please describe)
Performance = 90%
Price = 50% (Has to be reasonable for the quality, will pay up if high quality, especially for amps and speakers that last a long time)
Aesthetics = 10%
Brand Reputation = 50%
Discounts & Promotion = 20%
Professional Reviews = 30% (Depends on who is reviewing, everything is so biased now)
Personal Recommendations = 60%

• my smart TV
  • my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system
  • my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
  • other
  • None, I prefer the shiny round stuff
My goto streaming device is a Western Digital Live. I like it because it not only allows for streaming to most services, but also allows me to add a USB key with FLAC. Second most used is an AppleTV.

I personally would love an affordable 2.1 pre-processor with balanced outputs (goes with your amps too). Where it would be great is for two applications: People with two channel hifi systems... and (perhaps bigger) studios operating with 2.1 systems. Lots of home studios are 2.1 or 2.2 and the inputs on the monitors and subwoofers are active with balanced inputs.

BONUS (which will surely get me to not win)
I'd recommend getting a nicer shopping cart. Check out Shopify.com. I think you'd be amazed how many people can get turned off by a bad shopping cart. We know you guys have been around for a long time, but for the people just browsing randomly I think your cart would turn them off. Shopify is cheap (and I'm not affiliated with them) and easy to use.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic

Performance 25%
Price 25%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions 10%
Professional Reviews 15%
Personal Recommendations 5%
Other (please describe)

my htpc but im not sure if that counts, if it doesnt count, well.. nothing else in my system can stream content

maybe 15" subs? im sure people would buy them

R

rasha

Audiophyte
Performance-25
Price-25
Aesthetics-0
Brand Reputation-5
Discounts and Promotions-15
Professional Reviews-15
Personal Recommendations-15
Other (please describe

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
other
None, I prefer the shiny round stuff

I prefer the shiny round stuff. No streaming device is complete for me and I use an Apple TV for airplay mainly.

I really want slimline processor and multi channel class d amp (want the power efficiency and less heat) that are affordable. Receiver form factor like the 1602 marantz or separates 2RU would be awesome. 100-125 watts all channels driven with several HDMI inputs with standby passthrough and clean DACS with room correction with bass management. Don't need sound-fields, streaming options (set top box better and upgradable), or video scaler (4K passthrough for future)

H

HDSapper

Audiophyte
Happy New Year!

Questions:
  • Performance ~50%
  • Price ~20%
  • Aesthetics ~5%
  • Brand Reputation ~10%
  • Discounts and Promotions ~5%
  • Professional Reviews ~5%
  • Personal Recommendations ~5%
I have an Oppo BDP-103, but I still use my PS3 more often, mainly because of Amazon Instant Video. If I didn't have the PS3, I'd probably add a ROKU to the Oppo.

I would like to see them offer a quality headphone amp, and even possibly some cans too! I think their amp and speaker experience could translate into some serious offerings for decent prices.

B

buffyholic

Audiophyte
Questions:
  • Performance
  • Price
  • Aesthetics
  • Brand Reputation
  • Discounts and Promotions
  • Professional Reviews
  • Personal Recommendations

• my smart TV
  • my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system
  • my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
  • other
  • None, I prefer the shiny round stuff

Answers:

1) Performance: 50%; Price: 25%; Brand Rep.: 12%; Professional Reviews: 13%

2) None, I prefer the shiny round stuff. That said, I occasionally do stream music from Pandora via the Tivo Series 3. Otherwise, it's still physical media for me.

3) Would definitely like to see a wider selection of subwoofers from Outlaw.

M

Mountainear

Audioholic Intern
Outlaw LFM-1EX Subwoofer questions

Questions:
Performance
Price 25%
Aesthetics
Brand Reputation 50%
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews 25%
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

I would say our only 2 streaming devices at this point are our son's XBox 360 and our HP laptop, neither of which we've used to access streaming video in our home theater room. Our only available internet access is Frontier DSL, which we had to beg and plead to get, previously it was undesirable satellite internet after dial-up. We're rural, the dsl isn't very fast. Our Dish network dvr receiver we use frequently isn't equipped to receive streaming video content, I believe. Rural residents in this area are ignored by high speed providers. So, the round shiny stuff is really our go to source?

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? An affordable, durable, portable, quality high-powered 3-way receiver that is switchable between stereo and 3-way (right, left, center channel) for home theater use. Ideally, it would provide quality output for both music listening and home theater use. For those of us on a budget, a center channel speaker is a stretch at times, let alone 5-7 speakers? And running wires and/or mounting them, especially in a smaller room? I realize there are wireless systems coming out, but my impression is that most home theater enjoyment comes from quality left, right, center speakers.

Thanks for the opportunity Audio Outlaw, you appear to offer a lot of great products currently! I'd like to talk the honey into your mp3 docking system instead of bose.

T

taxman1948

Audiophyte
1)

Performance 30%
Price 30%
Brand 20%
Discounts 20%

2)
PS3, fast, great picture, updated

3) class D amps, bigger 2 channel amps

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
Contest Questions:
Please answer the below questions by replying to this thread and we will pick the winners randomly which will be announced on the Audioholics facebook fan page (facebook.com/audioholics) and in this thread.

How these questions are answered will not increase nor decrease the chances of winning.

Questions:

Performance - 60%
Price - 30%

Brand Reputation - 10%

my Blu-ray Player - LG BD570

I would like to see the biggest baddest hardest hitting yet most accurate sub an established company like Outlaw can make for under $1000. Size and looks are not important to me just depth and slam while still remaining accurate enough to appreciate good music.

J

Jedrgy

Audiophyte

Performance - 30%
Pro Reviews - 20%
Price - 15%
Aesthetics - 15%
Personal Recommendations - 20%

2. Bluray player

3. An AVR.. Why not mix it up with an outlaw AVR?

W

wesley63

Junior Audioholic
Questions:

30% Performance
20% Price
10% Aesthetics
Brand Reputation
20% Discounts and Promotions
20% Professional Reviews
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

I really like the WD TV Live streaming player. I have a large collection of videos and music on hard drives. This device will play almost anything.

I also like the most expensive Roku player for streaming services (like Netflix).

I would like Outlaw to investigate making a quality sealed sub-woofer with music in mind.

B

boxerdog

Audiophyte
Questions:

50% Performance
20% Price
Aesthetics
Brand Reputation
Discounts and Promotions
40% Professional Reviews
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

D-Link Boxee Box because it plays any format

High end product to compete with seaton, kreizel, velodyne, etc.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
This contest is over. The winner will be announced shortly. Thanks for your participation.

Well it took us 3 times to find a winner for this contest but congratulations are in order for: trnqk7

Thank you all for participating and stay tuned for our next contest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis