Enter to Win: A7-700 Subwoofer from Elemental Designs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I use Auralex MoPads for all of my mains and a Gramma for my sub. Next I would like to go with some kind of nice looking wall treatments, but cost is a bit prohibitive.

T

twheeloc

Audioholic Intern
Acoustic Treatments

Contest Question: Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater? If yes, what do you use and what would you like to see improved over you current acoustic treatments? If no, is there something in particular that you are looking for in a product that would make you choose to move forward with acoustic room treatments?

Currently I have no acoustic treatments specifically designed for that purpose. Ultimately it would come down to price and Spouse Acceptance. The ideal acoustic treatment for me is one that appears as something else and serves a dual purpose. For example a design that appears as art but serves as a wall treatment. Perhaps something creative in terms of the ceiling, possible the most ignored acoustical surface from what I've seen and read.

W

wraunch

Audiophyte
I currently do not have acoustic treatments. The only sound dampening I would have are my blackout curtains. I think most acoustic treatment is too bulky for the average home theater. I would like to see material that could be added to paint that would provide some sort of dampening. Or faux art pieces that are actually sound dampeners would be nice.

B

björkfan

Audiophyte
I do not currently use room treatments, but I recall when I was a teenager my uncle having sonex acoustical tiles in his listening room.

What I would like to see if I were going to use anything today, giving my current health issues, is something hypoallergenic that didn't collect too much dust. Right now, however, I'd prefer to have a space with cathedral ceilings. :D

T

tsloms

Audiophyte
I do not have any acoustic wall treatments. I would like an inexpensive DIY option that could be made for less than $50 per panel.

I

IgnoringMyWife

Audiophyte
I do not use any acoustical treatments in my home theater. I am near completion of the remodel and would be interested in treatments that were visually appropriate for a multi-purpose media room.

SSEiYah

Audiophyte
I dont, but when I build my first fully custom house it will have them build into the wall. I was thinking a concrete layer around the Home Theatre room.

T

TOADSKI

Audiophyte
Accoustic treatments

I do not use acoustic treatments, I would but I have no clue where to place the panels and putting them in the wrong place is a waste of money so without a web site where I could pay a reasonable fee with my exact room configuration. I would rather add to my movie collection.

S

skinnypotbelly

Audiophyte
Do not use acoustic treatments. I would use them if they were less obtrusive and easier to set up.

elvisripley

elvisripley

Audiophyte
I use big curtains but mostly no. I haven't really thought about it but I guess I will probably go ahead and get some now that you mention it.

M

Mecii

Audiophyte
No Room Treatment

Contest Question: Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater? No, not at this time but I am wondering if there is a special paint available that can be applied to help the sound characteristic in a room.

Thank you

D

dag79

Audiophyte
Acoustic Room Treatment

No I do not have acoustic room treatment. I understand there must be a analysis of the listening area for proper placement. I've considered having this done but then again the walls in my apt. are not sound treated. I would like to try this as a diy project. I'll leave the testing of my listening area to the pros.

pedrobogus

Audiophyte
Lack of room treatments

My room is without room treatments. It is a travesty. I am having a hard time selling my wife on anything - even a diy solution that would integrate into the decor. She feels like the room, which is primarily a family room, it getting taken over by 'stereo stuff'. I am so sad. I hope this thread helps me talk her into the benefits. I also hope to win the sub so she feels the cost is offset by the free goods!

I

illiop

Audiophyte
Acoustic room treatments

I currently do no use any room treatments. I am leaning toward wanting to install some, but since my HT room also doubles as living space I would like to have something that is visually appealing and not make my living room have that "recording studio" look to it.
My room has vaulted ceilings, and that adds additional area for sound to bounce around. The room has too much of a live sound to it and the reflections can be heard especially in the high range.

B

bigpow

Audioholic Intern
1) No.
2) Looking at dry-wall sound insulation foam (injected inside dry-wall) atm.

Maybe IF I win the A7-700, I'd be forced to get the insulation :)

P

Protostar1

Audioholic Intern
No I do not use audio room treatments as my place of living is only semi-permanent.

S

stephenwhitney

Audiophyte
I do not currently use them. I am interested but it would be hard to introduce such things into the living room unless they are unobtrusive. I find it easy to believe that they could help.

C

chilipalm

Audiophyte
I don't have acoustic treatments because I didn't know they existed. There should be better marketing for these kind of things.

M

Mladenoff

Audiophyte
Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater?
Not yet
If no, is there something in particular that you are looking for in a product that would make you choose to move forward with acoustic room treatments?
I plan to use some type of treatment(s) in the future, but I wanted to get a better sub before I make any more decisions. Aesthetics is always the first priority--performance being a close second. If I were able to sit in a showroom lab-like environment and sample various set-ups (visually and acoustically) in one afternoon I'm sure I could be sold.

P

pvsat

Enthusiast
Contest Question: Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater?
No. I do not use any treatments currently.
If no, is there something in particular that you are looking for in a product that would make you choose to move forward with acoustic room treatments?
I have been following reviews on Auralex and GIK products, want something that is small, inexpensive and can be painted over to match the decor of the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis