Enter to Win: 50% off an Ultra U-22S from StudioTech!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
StudioTech wants you to win!

StudioTech is giving away 50% off an Ultra U-22S CAB cabinet to one (1) eligible winner! Coupon must be used within 6 months of drawing date.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions:
  1. Do you currently own a dedicated piece of A/V furniture (cabinet or open rack)?
  2. What is the make and model?
  3. What features do you like about it?
  4. What features do you find lacking, that you wish the manufacturer had done better?

Note this contest ends on May 31st, 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jake5717

Audioholic
1.Do you currently own a dedicated piece of A/V furniture (cabinet or open rack)?
Yes, credenza

2.What is the make and model?
Ikea/unknown

3.What features do you like about it?
Price

4.What features do you find lacking, that you wish the manufacturer had done better?
Poor build quality (or is that my fault?)
Not very HT friendly. No ventilation or wire management.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Do you currently own a dedicated piece of A/V furniture (cabinet or open rack)?
Yes - a couple

What is the make and model?
I have a Middle Atlantic slim 5 42 space rack and a Middle Atlantic 13 space rack as well as a Wood Technology 38" tall cabinet that I have in the family room for local sources.

What features do you like about it?
I liked the price (of the Wood-Tech), that is was made from solid hardwood instead of laminates, and that it is incredibly sturdy. I also like that it is nearly the perfect height to use as an end table. Put it at the end of the couch and I can put my drinks on top of it, while my equipment stays out of site inside of it.

The Middle Atlantic stuff I'm not going to discuss, it works well.

What features do you find lacking, that you wish the manufacturer had done better?
I wish that they offered it in more finish options so I didn't have to stain it myself. I also had to install rack rail myself since it wasn't an option which took some work. The cabinet itself uses a glass door, not a vented door so ventilation is not as good as it could be (fixed that with a drill at the bottom!). I also wish that the cabinet had a lock on it or a more difficult latch so I could keep my three year old out of it. I'm also not thrilled with the back panel and how it lacks adequate ventilation and easy removal. I would have paid a hundred or two more for those features, but not at the cost of sacrificing size. 28" is barely enough for the DVD player, PS3, VCR, and power conditioner as well as a 4 space drawer for game and controller storage.

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
Do you currently own a dedicated piece of A/V furniture (cabinet or open rack)? yes
What is the make and model? bought awile ago so I do not remember
What features do you like about it? very wide so it can hold many components.
What features do you find lacking, that you wish the manufacturer had done better? Better hidden cable managment

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Studiotech contest

Contest Questions:
Do you currently own a dedicated piece of A/V furniture (cabinet or open rack)? Yes.

Custom made Cherry TV and A/V cabinet. I built it.

Holds 32" LCD TV, shelves for plenty of A/V gear, and storage for DVDs, CDs, etc.

What features do you find lacking, that you wish the manufacturer had done better?
N/A

M

MrDeathStar

Audiophyte
1) None currently, but I have been looking at StudioTech's Ultra U-48/60.
2) Wall shelves and boxes.
3) Free.
4) Everything is lacking. I am looking for something that can hold all the components with stability, allows ventilation, offers nice styling, and has some kind of simple cable management.

A

auujay

Audioholic Intern
Contest Questions:
  1. Do you currently own a dedicated piece of A/V furniture (cabinet or open rack)?
  4. What features do you find lacking, that you wish the manufacturer had done better?
1) I have one piece of AV furniture, it is a cabinet/table. TV sits on top (center on TV) with reciever and other boxes inside behind a glass door.

2) I don't know the make and model, we got it at a regular furniture store, it was on clearance because one corner was damaged.

3) The AV features of it are not great. Main plus is that is goes well with our other furniture in the living room (mission style tables and simple leather couches)

4) There are notches cut out of the back of each shelf (for the wires to run through) and they are simply not large enough to easily slide cables through. It has only a small hole in the back board to allow the wires through, this is really packed with all my wires. I am thinking about cutting a few more holes in the back and installing a fan to get some real airflow through it since now it hardly gets much at all when the glass door is closed.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
1. Do you currently own a dedicated piece of A/V furniture (cabinet or open rack)? Yeah, a tv stand/rack
2. What is the make and model? Something cheap from best buy
3. What features do you like about it? nice built in hideaway storage
4. What features do you find lacking, that you wish the manufacturer had done better? could have better ventilation system and be built a little better.

algernon

algernon

Audioholic
"Entertainment Center"
Slam
Accomidates 65" DLP
Poor ventilation, average quality

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic

Sure, some no name branded HT rack.

By property of association with the first question, no.

It's black, and glossy.

Worked on its build quality, it's very weak and not so sturdy. Also, a nice glass plate on the top would look pretty snazzy.

T

Tazmoj

Audioholic Intern
++ yes, a piece of furniture
++ it is from Haverty's so there is no name
++ it was relatively inexpensive
++Better ventillation, taller ( off the floor ) more room for components ( height ) and option for longer unit ( I want to get a 70" TV eventually ) and there should be some type of attached clamp or ring on the back to secure extra cabling to so the wires don'e show ( Wife's main peeve )

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
1. Yes - I have a open rack for my receiver, cd player, dvd player, power conditioner...)
2. I don't remember and can't find a name.
3. The glass shelves look nice but show dust too well.
4. With its slim backbone, it is hard to hide all of the cables. A cable tray behind it would have helped (which I added on my own).

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Yes.

Home made, oak.

It has castors and ample, movable shelves.

None.

A

angstadt530

Audioholic
Contest Questions:
1. Yes, an open rack.
2. My grandfather originally built it as a bookshelf.
3. It is very sturdy and was cheap (well, free for me)!
4. No cable management, can't put doors on it due to poor ventilation, no adjustable shelves.

G

goblu6

Audiophyte
Contest Reply

1. Do you currently own a dedicated piece of A/V furniture (cabinet or open rack)? NO, but I'm in the market.
What is the make and model? N/A
What features do you like about it? I AM LOOKING FOR SOLID BUILD QUALITY AND GOOD VENTILATION AND CABLE MANAGEMENT.
What features do you find lacking, that you wish the manufacturer had done better? NOT SURE YET.

G

gstarr

Enthusiast
"Dusty" has stayed too long

I have own a four-tiered black metal stand from many years ago--I believe it was made by Sanus. The positives are everything is accessible and air circulates easily to cool the equipment.

The negatives are that since it is open the dust has an easy path to get in and around everything, both electronic and non-electronic. Another negative to me is it is very utilitarian looking, rather than looking like a nice piece of furniture that goes with my surroundings. In other words, it is "lite" on Feng Shui:) It also has no wire control system--the wire stays where it lays. It also has fairly homely black painted wood shelves--and they really show off the dust.

On a humorous side note: It works like a vacuum. I am left to believe that the rest of my room must be close to dust-free with all the airborn material thast is ionically attracted to the stand and the electronics in (or is that on) it:) I am thinking this could be a good device for a semiconductor clean room:)

Greg Stern

A

aec

Enthusiast

Yes.

Salamander Synergy Triple 20

Fits my equipment, aesthetics (WAF)

Cable management could be better.

Mugless

Mugless

Audiophyte
Contest Answers:
-No, just a bookcase/shelf unit.
-IKEA, don't know model.
-Not bad looking for the price, plenty of space.
-Would prefer a true AV cabinet that hides all my components.

--Happy trails,

B

brucewoodington

Audioholic Intern

Yes

Ikea for two TVs. Homemade for our AV rack

Ikea: fast, cheap, and relatively kid proof.
Homemade: it has everything I wanted, good airflow, some forced cooling, nice cable chases, modular 120vac outlets.

Ikea: is fine.
Homemade: Appearance. If it wasn't hidden in a closet, my wife have it to the curb in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis