Enter to Win: $250 in Cables from Impact Acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hootie10

Enthusiast
Played the Clarinet for several years, I was even offered a scholarship for lessons in Julliard.

I don't play anymore.

Although I have no personal need for pro audio cables, the church I attend may be interested since they are in the process of constructing a new building.

J

jfaudio

Enthusiast
Contest Question: Have you ever played a musical instrument? Do you play now? If so, what instrument? Have you recently purchased or are you considering the purchase of pro audio cables (XLR, TRS, RCA for microphones, amplifiers, recorders, etc.)?

Answers : Never really played an instrument and don't play now.

I m considering buying cables for my AV install, pro ones would be better of course ! :D

JF

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
Pro audio cables

Contest Question: Have you ever played a musical instrument? Response: Yes, several: piano, organ, and cello.

Do you play now? If so, what instrument? Response: No, not anymore, unfortunately.

Have you recently purchased or are you considering the purchase of pro audio cables (XLR, TRS, RCA for microphones, amplifiers, recorders, etc.)? Response: No, my current multi-channel audio system, used for all my music playback, has no opportunity for pro audio cables. If I could afford a high-end audio system, I would certainly upgrade my multi-channel audio system from using unbalanced audio cables to using balanced ones associated with pro audio, wherever feasible.

D

daytonave

Audiophyte
I've been playing the piano since the age of 8 and mess around from time to time (usually when intoxicated) with the acoustic guitar. Therefore, I have no need for pro audio cables, as I do not play an instrument requiring them. With that said, I still wouldn't mind 250 bones in free cables. I get a little tired of reviewers writing how switching between cable company X, Y and Z opened up this in the music and revealed that in the midrange but didn't have the same air and presence as this and...blah blah blah. People with limited funds don't really have the capability (or much less, the desire) to purchase numerous different brands of interconnects and keep them all around to see how they fare with their particular system, and with the upgrades sure to come down the line.

M

MrPorterhouse

Audioholic Intern
Contest Question: Have you ever played a musical instrument? Do you play now? If so, what instrument? Have you recently purchased or are you considering the purchase of pro audio cables (XLR, TRS, RCA for microphones, amplifiers, recorders, etc.)?

The only instrument I have played is the piano or keyboard, but not very well. That was only when I was in grade school and high school. I don't play now at all. However, growing up, my sister played keboards very well and even played in some small bands. She is now in her mid twenties and she continues to play keyboards and her husband plays guitar.

I am always interested in quality audio cables, and more importantly, in a great value of cost vs. performance. I'm very excited to enter this contest and excited to have the chance to win.

F

fxs111

Audiophyte
I have never been able to play a musical instrument. My mind just doesn't connect with my fingers

P

paulcmc

Audiophyte
Tom Andry said:
The Impact Acoustics Team is launching a new product line (Sonicwave DJ Sound & Studio Audio Cables) and they want to know how many of you Audioholics are interested in these types of products. One lucky random winner will be selected from folks discussing the topic described below, and that lucky Audioholic will win up to $250 of Impact Acoustics products. You pick what you want, we'll send it to you. Up to a $250 MSRP value!

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following question in one simple response in this contest thread.

Note this contest ends on June 30th, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!
I am an active trombone/euphonium player with over 50 years of performing experience. I do not plan to purchase pro audio cables.

Last edited by a moderator:
crewst

crewst

Enthusiast
simple answers

only played the recorder in elementary school.

I will be purchasing cables for a dedicated HT room this fall.

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
Yes I've played.
I occasionally play.
12yrs piano, 8yrs cello, 2yrs violin.
I've made my own pro cables, when I needed them. NL4's.

Reo

chriscmore

chriscmore

Junior Audioholic
Yes. Yes. Keyboards, bass, drums, mics. I haven't bought much stuff lately, but would consider Impact a good resource for cables. There's been a lot of progress in wireless (I know, a scary word for you), and I expect that snakes have progressed somehow, from their heavy, expensive, analog world. I imagine some digital snake, with a thin, armored glass conductor, into a digital mixer is either available today or will get there. But the main forces are still driving people's choices: smaller (or non-existent/ wireless), digital, less expensive, higher performance.

Cheers,
Chris

N

Not2Bright

Audiophyte
Played a little guitar and piano....just for giggles, no training.
Dont do much of either anymore and will soon be buying some high end cables for the HT

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
Have you ever played a musical instrument? Do you play now? If so, what instrument? Have you recently purchased or are you considering the purchase of pro audio cables (XLR, TRS, RCA for microphones, amplifiers, recorders, etc.)?

I play the trumpet, still do. I do it as a passion, no recording so no.

T

Tumara Baap

Enthusiast
I've never played a musical instrument. Nevertheless I frequently shop for pro audio gear, especially cables (RCA, 75 ohm video and digital etc). I will soon be getting a 7.1 set-up consisting of Mackie monitors and will be in the market for balanced XLR cables. In addition I'll be shopping for Cat-5 runs and HDMI cables UL listed for in-wall use, and XLR and HDMI wall plates.

T

tdubnrae

Enthusiast
I'm the most musically untalented person I know. So no.

Yes on the cables. Rebuilding a house after a fire. Need lots of cables for living room setup plus home theater upstairs.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I own an electric guitar, electric bass guitar, harmonica, ukuele and a drum set. The only thing I can play is the drums. No lessons. I'm just hard wired that way I guess. Have bought pro cables for the guitars and mics for some basic recording. (just for play back to hear if what I just did sounds the same as I thought it did.) I try to play once a week but every two-three is what happens.:( Will buy cables again sooner or later. (Something will shine in my eyes and I will have to buy it);)

SBF1

p.s. I want a piano but you know how hard it is to get an svs sub by the wife...just think about how big a piano is and where to put it.

p.s.s. I need to go get some guitar lessons...voice too while I'm at it.:)

S

soundhound

Junior Audioholic
Tom Andry said:
i've played trumpet, violin, flute, recorder, and guitar. i currently play guitar and flute. i haven't recently purchased or considered purchasing pro audio cables, but i wouldn't turn them down. :D

S

steinoch

Junior Audioholic
1) Guitar,Piano,Violin
2) Currently Guitar
3) No plans to by currently, but this changes day to day

mkossler

mkossler

Audioholic
I have played trumpet, trombone, piano and guitar. I do still play piano and guitar, I have a small guitar and Uke collection. I am planning on buying new interconnects between an Epiphone 12-string electro-acoustic, a Guild X-82 Nova Electric, and Tacoma acoustic with pickup to a set of toys and a couple of Marshall Lead 20 amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis