Enter to Win: $150 worth of Interconnects from Impact Acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jpvnnvpj

Audiophyte
B they look thicker and people will see that as beter sow o a marketing point of view go with b:D

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
B. It would look better connected to the back of my preamp which is black.

Senior Audioholic
A but only because I like loud noises and shinny objects.:cool:

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I like the A cable connectors better because it is easier to read the color codes.

B

batman

Enthusiast
I would chose A because the labeling colors are easier to distinguish against a silver background, as opposed to black. Since I am usually reaching at arms length and craning my neck in a futile attempt to lend some form of coordination to the "dark" art of A/V cable wrangling. With equipment blocking out most of the useable light, anything that may ease installation in any capacity in my opinion, certainly warrants favor.

S

shperez

Enthusiast
Personally I like B better. Is less flashy and it will blend better with the rest of the cabling used on my setup.

N

norm962

Audioholic Intern
connects

from a pure aesthetics perspective, B, the black anodized looks better and would blend in nicely. However, you'll never see it, its behind the gear and when you will need to see it, you won't be able to read the labels.

Logic wins, I gotta go with A

T

tlqualman

Audioholic Intern
I like type B best, but A would be easier to see in the back of a rack.

A

AudioHog

Audiophyte
Assuming that cable quality is identitcal, I prefer option A. The component-video color banding is more obvious against the silver plug, which would be important when making connections in the shadows behind my entertainment center. I note also that the cables for option A are a bit thinner, which probably means they are more flexible. Connection space is limited both at my flat-screen LCD where it connects on the entertainment center and at my AV receiver.

wire

wire

Senior Audioholic
Impact Acoustics wants you to win!

Impact Acoustics is giving away a $150 worth of SonicWave interconnects of your choosing to three (3) eligible forum members.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions: Which connector option do you like better, A or B (see picture below)? Why?

Note this contest ends on August 31st, 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!
Both look good to me , but if a choice i would go with B , thicker looking cable and i like black .

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vanhoecke

Junior Audioholic
Contest Questions: Which connector option do you like better, A or B (see picture below)? Why?

I prefer B the black finish. All my gear is black and the black connectors will look much better. Note the cables on B look much larger than the ones on A -- not directly responsive to your question about the connectors themselves, but the larger cables make the B connectors look better.

proshot04

proshot04

Audioholic Intern
B. black would blend better on my rack and everybody knows that black is beautiful:cool:

D

dlrepp

Enthusiast
A if I used them in my home theater setup and B in my office setup. Different color schemes.

W

wyllisx1

Junior Audioholic
A since it easier to see the color markings. Now if tere was a Gold choice then it'd be hands down Gold. Even though no-one can see the connectors in my setup I'd know they are shiny & golden. Heck I might even pull the whole rack away from the wall a bit & put a mirror behind it just so everyone else could see the shiny gold connectors. ;)

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
Impact Acoustics Poll

I prefer option A because of the higher color contrast between the primary colors and the silver casings. Given the tangled cables I have to deal with -- all of them colored black or some other dark color -- the color contrast offered by the silver casings would be appreciated in a low-light environment like mine.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
I would choose A for the reasons below.

1. They are smaller in diameter and easier to run in my channels that lead to my PJ.
2. They look easier to ID color wise.

B

bradandbree

Enthusiast
I would choose A because the color scheme would be easier to detect in the low-light environment where they will live when I win them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis