Enter to Win: $100 off Hsu VTF-3 HO Sub!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sy527x

Audioholic Intern
HSU Sub Contest...

I'd probably be willing to spend up to $2000 for a sub. I currently do not own one, however.

chriscmore

chriscmore

Junior Audioholic
My limit would be $1500. The reason is that there are some very nice integrated subs below this price, and above that I would switch instead to an infinite baffle sub. For $1500 in parts, an IB sub could outperform (low-limit response, power efficiency, low distortion, speed) nearly anything.

Cheers,
Chris

G

gstarr

Enthusiast
I am building a second surround system. I could spend up to $2,000 on a subwoofer, or more likely, 2 x $1,000. This should yield better dispersal of sound and help avoid nulls.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Subwoofer pricing

I am looking to buy a 10" or 12" sub in the $4-800 price range. Currently I have a 2 channel system without a sub.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
$600 is the most I am willing to spend on a subwoofer. I spent $300 for my old subwoofer. It was a number of years ago and the amp fried about a year ago. I am waiting to get a sub until i move into a house.

E

eddie

Junior Audioholic
I would spend up to $1,000.00. That would be give me a nice upgrade over what I spent on my first subwoofer, which was $325.00

J

JohnM

Audiophyte
I would be willing to spend up to $1,000. I think I could get all the sub I need for that.

I paid about $600 for my current sub.

S

SimpleSetup

Audiophyte
$1000 per sub is my limit. The most I paid so far is $699 for a brand new sub.

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
I would spend a max $2000 on a single subwoofer. However, I would purchase two $2000 subwoofers. I think you could accomplish 95% of any HT needs with two $2000 subs.

Kono

M

md1953

Audiophyte
I paid $2350 for the SVS PB12 Ultra/2 including shipping. I considered the Velodyne DD18, but the $3500 price was just a bit too much.

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
The most you are willing to spend on a subwoofer

Contest Question: What is the most you are willing to spend on a subwoofer? Up to $200, $400, $600, $800, $1000, $1500, $2000, $2500, or $2500+? How much did you spend on your current subwoofer?

Response: The most I'm willing to spend on a subwoofer is $1,200. Why? This amount can buy one of several well-respected subwoofers: AV123 Rocket UFW-12 with R-DES, Axiom Epicenter EP500 v2, and SVS PC-Ultra. Of course, I could save myself $200 -- a cost savings of almost 17% -- for what I'm sure would be an equally great Hsu Research VTF-3 HO! I spent $850 plus tax for my current subwoofer, a Sunfire True Subwoofer Super Junior, which I hope to replace with one of the subwoofers above (preferably the VTF-3 HO!).

J

jdbwolverines

Audioholic Intern
Right now I would say up to $400 because I'm still in college and funds are tight. Once I get out on my own and have the money, a high quality sub is a great investment I plan on making

WorldLeader

WorldLeader

Full Audioholic
$750-800 max, after that I need to find a new hobby ;) Like gambling... :rolleyes:

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
What is the most you are willing to spend on a subwoofer? Up to $200, $400, $600, $800, $1000, $1500, $2000, $2500, or $2500+? How much did you spend on your current subwoofer?

I would spend up to $2000. In fact I have. But I resold it and my current subs area $600 deals soon to be retrofitted with new drivers that exist in the $2 - 4000 subs:D

R

resperc

Audiophyte
At this stage of my life (married with young children) I would put a $1500 limit on my sub purchase. I recently upgraded my sub and spent $1300.

resperc

A

anotherid2lose

Audiophyte
Next one I buy will most likely be between 1200 and 2000. Right now I have a def tech supercube.

M

munkee55

Enthusiast
Subwoofer fun.

I don't realistically see myself spending more than $1,000 on a sub. This would be in my current setup. I have 15 by 12 room that the HT is setup in so anything too crazy would probably not benefit me. I am currently using a Boston Acoustics PV900 which I got for about $500. Even this thing is a little too powerful for the room.

K

kgb540

Audioholic
I have already spend the $2500 max on my woofers so I can conclude that this is where my next woofer will be in price.

dwayland

dwayland

Audioholic
I am currently running dual subs at a combined total of $800.00 and I don't think I would put much more than that into my next purchase, but I might go as far as $1,000, when I desin my dedicated HT room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis