R

Rossww

Audioholic Intern
Has anyone heard these? I was thinking of buying the Energy Take LCR (or SAT) for a home theater. I was looking for quality and aesthetics. I'm restricted (like a lot of other people on the forum) to a smaller speaker and thanks to the help of many on this site (and other input), I've narrowed my choices to a few. JM Lab Sibs, Monitor Audio Radius 90's, B&W M1's, Axiom Midi all made the list, but the Energy Take series seem to fit the best. I'd love to hear any opinions that you might have. Thanks

R

Red

Audioholic
I not only have heard them, but own them. I have a 6.1 set up with 3 LCRs for the fronts and center and 3 SATs for the rears and back surrounds coupled with a Velodyne DLS4000r sub. Running them through a Denon 3805. I am very pleased with the sound...very. And they have a high WAF.

R

Rossww

Audioholic Intern
Thanks

I was thinking of a similar set up. What do you think about using the C-R3 for the rear instead of the SAT? It's a different series, but the sales guy told me it should be OK.

R

Red

Audioholic
I think using the C-R3 for the rear will work just fine...being the same mfg will help, but either way, should produce nice clean sound

C

coolblue

Enthusiast
i own them as well (2 FPS and 1LCR in the front, and SATs for surround, with the s10.3 sub) and am running them with the denon 2805, and am quite pleased as well. the form factor is small, which works well in my relatively small space.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Out of the speakers you listed I'd be taking those Energy speakers hands down. I am very impressed with the new line up, including the subs. I used to take potshots at Energy for their subs, to be honest I found them boomy. Now I'm not sure if it was the way the subs were set up, or if the newer ones are just that much better. As a side note Energy is now producing pro monitors with Bryston. Bryston is my favourite amp company as of last week, when I found out someone I know might be getting a job with them lol. JM Labs have a fantastic reputation, but I've never heard the speakers you mentioned. I like the Radius Series from MA, but I'd take te energy package over them. Those B&W speakers aren't all that great IMO, but they are very sexy. I demoed them in Niagara Falls when I was on vacation a while ago while the girls were clothes shopping, and I was far from impressed. To be fair though I use pretty big bookshelfs in my main set up, and they have spoiled me. As for the Axioms, again, never heard them, but Axiom has a great rep. Energy and Axiom are both within an hour or so from my house, and it fills me with Canuck pride knowing that they are such serious contenders.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis