Energy RC-50's vs. Infinity Primus P363's

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Melee

Audioholic
My P363's are on the way. :D He said they should be here by Wednesday or Thursday. I got the pair for $374 Shipped.

I can't wait. :)

Here is my latest negative comment. haha

"Don't make another post until you have something. You keep asking basically the same question with different wording."

Am I allowed to post now, oh great one? :rolleyes:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Can anyone give me some opinions on which way to go with Surrounds for 5.0? If I love the P363's when they get here, which I have a strong feeling that I will, then I will be picking up the remaining pieces within the next week or two. I'm trying to get everything planned out and budgeted correctly so that everything fits into place.

I'm afraid to go with a different brand to ruin the fluidity and match of the system, overall. However, if it's a better option then I will definitely consider it. I know the front 3 are the ESSENTIALS to have matched, but I'm assuming that some surrounds would sound out of place with certain fronts and centers.

Within the Infinity line, I'm thinking that 2x more P363's would be my best option. I can't mount them on the wall because there's a window and closet starting behind the listening area to just before the back wall. So, if I bought stands for the P163's, they're going to cost just as much or more than the P363's. I'm assuming the P363's would make better surrounds but I'm not sure.

Thanks guys.
5 identical P363s would be best.:D

Just hang that TV about 38" above the floor, will you?:eek:

4 identical P363s would be second best.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Am I allowed to post now, oh great one? :rolleyes:
Not until you have pictures of the P363s next to a current newspaper with the date visible so we know it's current.:D

...and your License# and social security number so we can identify that it is really you.:eek:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
See what I'm saying. lol

If my questions are bothering you so much, stop reading them. haha lol
You don't see what I'm saying. lol

What's bothering me is you failing to answer my question. haha lol

... but falling back to asking about surrounds again is like
putting the horse before the chicken has flown the coop. lol haha lol

If you fail to learn anything from the comments of your red reps then you are missing the boat on getting the most that you can from the membership. Maybe you have nothing better or more interesting to do than ... what ever this is called ... but you're sure to put off some of the people around here that not only know stuff about what you're currently deliberating but know stuff about what your going to be encountering in the future.

However if this approach works for you ... more power to ya. ;)

Last edited:
M

Melee

Audioholic
5 identical P363s would be best.:D

Just hang that TV about 38" above the floor, will you?:eek:

4 identical P363s would be second best.:D
Not until you have pictures of the P363s next to a current newspaper with the date visible so we know it's current.:D

...and your License# and social security number so we can identify that it is really you.:eek:
I actually thought about doing 5x P363's because it would only be like $20 more than having the PC351. However, I don't know if I can accommodate it right now. lol Where I live in an apartment, I don't really want to put large holes in the wall to mount my television. The landlord probably wouldn't like that too much. :p

Sadly, even though you were exaggerating, it seems that's what some of these people would require. Apparently, I might have to do all of the above mentioned in order to keep from getting negged for asking questions on a forum. Damn me for being so ignorant as to use a forum for it's actual purpose. hahaha Obviously, I'm not buying anything and I'm just here wasting everyone's time..... :rolleyes:

You don't see what I'm saying. lol

What's bothering me is you failing to answer my question. haha lol

... but falling back to asking about surrounds again is like
putting the horse before the chicken has flown the coop. lol haha lol

If you fail to learn anything from the comments of your red reps then you are missing the boat on getting the most that you can from the membership. Maybe you have nothing better or more interesting to do than ... what ever this is called ... but you're sure to put off some of the people around here that not only know stuff about what you're currently deliberating but know stuff about what your going to be encountering in the future.

However if this approach works for you ... more power to ya. ;)
I see exactly what you're saying. However, I don't recall you helping or offering any beneficial advice, at all. All you have done is say derogatory comments and be a smartass for no reason. If I was messaging YOU over and over (or anyone AT ALL) with stupid questions, this would be a different matter. YOU choose to click on this thread and YOU choose to read what I write. That's not my fault, pal. ;) If I have a question, I'm going to ask it. I haven't repeated myself at all. You don't seem to understand that I am extremely new to this stuff and I am learning as I go. I don't have any option of listening to any of these great speakers so it's not as easy for me as it is for most to ride 10-15 minutes to the local audio store, listen and decide which sounds best, then make a purchase. I've done my research and asked every question I could think of and at the end of the day, I feel like I did the smart thing and I am extremely happy with the choice I made. I asked for the best setup with my original budget and narrowed it down to the Infinity's, the Energy RC's, and the Mirage OMD's. I asked questions about them and also about whether or not to get a Sub. I went back and forth on those for a while until I saw the price on the Infinity's and chose them. Then, I was able to increase my budget so I asked if there was a better option. I was advised and decided to try the Infinity's. Silly me for taking my time and being careful....

If you are referring to your question about who says the P363's can be a tad "bright", do a google search. PENG answered it for you PAGES ago that he would describe the tweeter as somewhat "aggressive" at times, but most of the time it is wonderful. He answered my question and so I dropped the subject. I believe he said the only time he noticed it at all was in classical music. I don't listen to classical music so that doesn't matter to me.

The sad thing is that most of my negs are probably from you since you seem to have a problem with me and all of my "questions". I am a full time college student, I work part time, and I work out at least 1-2 hours a day. I simply get on here between classes and at night. I am also a drummer so Music is extremely important to me. I didn't want to waste my money on a bad purchase and if that bothers you, sorry bud. I haven't asked you for anything. lol I have plenty to do in my life besides whatever you think it is I'm doing. Why would I waste so much time on here if I had no plans to buy anything? Why would I do all this research and care so much if this wasn't significant?

As for the "comments of my red reps", here ya go, pal. Definitely informative and lots to learn from. Since they're probably mostly from you (aside from the one Bill signed), I'm not surprised by their uselessness and irrelevance.

"Don't make another post until you have something. You keep asking basically the same question with different wording."

"make a freaking decision already"

"Are you still on the phone?"

"Come on give it a rest...lol. Bill"

Now, please do me a favor and don't post here again. If you don't like me or my questions, stay out of my thread. I'm trying to be nice and ignore this, but you're starting to annoy me with your constant, ignorant posts.

*** I apologize to everyone else if this comes across as rude because it's not my intentions. I am quite serious about all of this and am simply looking for help. I'm not forcing anyone to help me so please stop with the unnecessary negs and comments because they're undeserved. I haven't said anything out of line, I've thanked everyone for their help, and I've finally made a purchase. It would be different if I had strung this out for a month or two, but it was only a week or so and that was ONLY because I had to wait for my refund from Newegg. It came through this morning and I ordered them shortly after. Otherwise, I would have ordered the P363's back when they were first suggested to me....

Thanks to those of you who have helped me and understand what I'm going through and my intentions. ***

***EDIT***

I actually read through the entire thread and I never repeated myself. lol I went back and forth on whether or not to get a Sub, I was trying to decide between the RC's, Infinity's, and Mirage's, and I also asked about a few options I found on Audigon. I believe that after I'd made up my mind on the Infinity's, I asked about Receivers and Blu Ray Players as well. That was it.... I was 99% sure on the Infinity's throughout the entire thread and was simply waiting on my refund and weighing my other options.

I noticed that AcuDef, Grant, and KEW posted on every single page and answered every single one of my questions. Neither of them have complained or said anything unnecessary and I appreciate them more than they know for that. You made two posts that weren't just stupid remarks and they were both badly incorrect, at best. You said the PC251 was better than the PC351 and you're the only one who thinks that. You also said the PC153's were better than the PC163's. Guess what, wrong again. In addition, you also said you have two subs in a condo and it's a great idea for an apartment....Hopefully my point is proven now and we can all move on from this?....

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I actually thought about doing 5x P363's because it would only be like $20 more than having the PC351. However, I don't know if I can accommodate it right now. lol Where I live in an apartment, I don't really want to put large holes in the wall to mount my television. The landlord probably wouldn't like that too much. :p

Sadly, even though you were exaggerating, it seems that's what some of these people would require. Apparently, I might have to do all of the above mentioned in order to keep from getting negged for asking questions on a forum. Damn me for being so ignorant as to use a forum for it's actual purpose. hahaha Obviously, I'm not buying anything and I'm just here wasting everyone's time..... :rolleyes:

I see exactly what you're saying. However, I don't recall you helping or offering any beneficial advice, at all. All you have done is say derogatory comments and be a smartass for no reason. If I was messaging YOU over and over (or anyone AT ALL) with stupid questions, this would be a different matter. YOU choose to click on this thread and YOU choose to read what I write. That's not my fault, pal. ;) If I have a question, I'm going to ask it. I haven't repeated myself at all. You don't seem to understand that I am extremely new to this stuff and I am learning as I go. I don't have any option of listening to any of these great speakers so it's not as easy for me as it is for most to ride 10-15 minutes to the local audio store, listen and decide which sounds best, then make a purchase. I've done my research and asked every question I could think of and at the end of the day, I feel like I did the smart thing and I am extremely happy with the choice I made. I asked for the best setup with my original budget and narrowed it down to the Infinity's, the Energy RC's, and the Mirage OMD's. I asked questions about them and also about whether or not to get a Sub. I went back and forth on those for a while until I saw the price on the Infinity's and chose them. Then, I was able to increase my budget so I asked if there was a better option. I was advised and decided to try the Infinity's. Silly me for taking my time and being careful....

If you are referring to your question about who says the P363's can be a tad "bright", do a google search. PENG answered it for you PAGES ago that he would describe the tweeter as somewhat "aggressive" at times, but most of the time it is wonderful. He answered my question and so I dropped the subject. I believe he said the only time he noticed it at all was in classical music. I don't listen to classical music so that doesn't matter to me.

The sad thing is that most of my negs are probably from you since you seem to have a problem with me and all of my "questions". I am a full time college student, I work part time, and I work out at least 1-2 hours a day. I simply get on here between classes and at night. I am also a drummer so Music is extremely important to me. I didn't want to waste my money on a bad purchase and if that bothers you, sorry bud. I haven't asked you for anything. lol I have plenty to do in my life besides whatever you think it is I'm doing. Why would I waste so much time on here if I had no plans to buy anything? Why would I do all this research and care so much if this wasn't significant?

As for the "comments of my red reps", here ya go, pal. Definitely informative and lots to learn from. Since they're probably mostly from you (aside from the one Bill signed), I'm not surprised by their uselessness and irrelevance.

"make a freaking decision already"

"Are you still on the phone?"

"Come on give it a rest...lol. Bill"

Now, please do me a favor and don't post here again. If you don't like me or my questions, stay out of my thread. I'm trying to be nice and ignore this, but you're starting to annoy me with your constant, ignorant posts.

*** I apologize to everyone else if this comes across as rude because it's not my intentions. I am quite serious about all of this and am simply looking for help. I'm not forcing anyone to help me so please stop with the unnecessary negs and comments because they're undeserved. I haven't said anything out of line, I've thanked everyone for their help, and I've finally made a purchase. It would be different if I had strung this out for a month or two, but it was only a week or so and that was ONLY because I had to wait for my refund from Newegg. It came through this morning and I ordered them shortly after. Otherwise, I would have ordered the P363's back when they were first suggested to me....

Thanks to those of you who have helped me and understand what I'm going through and my intentions. ***
not even close.

M

Melee

Audioholic
not even close.
I'm sure. ;) It's whatever, though. Through all of the "repetitive" questions and ignorance I've displayed, you continue to keep coming back and posting instead of doing what intelligent people would do and just not click on the thread....This will be my last response to you.

Anyways, I'll be busy for most of the week but my P363's should be here on Wednesday or Thursday. He said it would be 1-2 days processing and 1-2 days shipping since they're coming from New Jersey. I'll do my best to test them out and make a mini-review for them. I can't wait. :D

I'll post when they get here. :) Thanks everyone and have a great week.

L

LineCutter

Audiophyte
Can you share your source of purchase now that you have yours on order? PM me if you would like. Thanks.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You said the PC251 was better than the PC351 and you're the only one who thinks that.
Not true. Speakerman39 who sold me both centers agrees. We have both owned both centers. That should count for something. It was me who brought the other side of the argument to light and I see that counts for nothing.

You also said the PC153's were better than the PC163's. Guess what, wrong again.
The 153's are reported to have a smoother midrange response and in the role of surrounds that would outweigh the lower FR of the 163's. Seems right to me.

In addition, you also said you have two subs in a condo and it's a great idea for an apartment....Hopefully my point is proven now and we can all move on from this?....
Two subs gives a more even LF response across a wider listening area. Choosing when to use the subs and at what level has been pretty rewarding and has not drawn complaints from my neighbors.

Those responses of mine that you honed in on were honest opinions and I stand by them.
When you have owed both centers or operated two subs I'd like to hear your thoughts.
... until then? ... not so much.

L

leowiz

Audioholic Intern
Where are you buying these PC351 for $130?

Thanks.

I'm going to go ahead and snag the P363's because, like you said PENG, I should be able to get my money back if I decide to sell them.

The only question I have now is should I pick up the PC351 with them since I can get it for $130? It is normally $270 so it's more than half off.

Thanks to whoever gave me the "Time's Up" Negative Rep this morning, also. :) Extremely mature.

Thanks Guys! :D Hopefully I'll have this finished soon. At the very least, everything posted throughout the thread should helps others in the same position as me, I hope, with finding the great options that are out there.

J

jm78

Junior Audioholic
How about getting 5 matching p162's. The tweeter on the 162 looks like it can be user rotated so you could lay the speaker on its side. Then you could have all matching speakers, just throwing the idea out there.

M

Melee

Audioholic
So, lucky me, after I ordered my P363's and they shipped, I found an INCREDIBLE deal on a 5.0 System near me of Energy RC's.

I need to sell these P363's now so let me know if anyone is interested. They will be here tomorrow and will remain sealed and new in the box. I will simply reship them as soon as I receive them to the buyer.

Thanks Guys!

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
So, lucky me, after I ordered my P363's and they shipped, I found an INCREDIBLE deal on a 5.0 System near me of Energy RC's.

I need to sell these P363's now so let me know if anyone is interested. They will be here tomorrow and will remain sealed and new in the box. I will simply reship them as soon as I receive them to the buyer.

Thanks Guys!
I was right... we're gonna see pics of your diploma and 1st born before we see pics of your completed system. :p

M

Melee

Audioholic
I was right... we're gonna see pics of your diploma and 1st born before we see pics of your completed system. :p
NO! haha If I can sell these, I am going to pick up the Energy system this weekend. The guy lives ~ 5 hours from me, but he is going to be in a different city that's only 3 hours from me Saturday and Sunday so if I can sell these before then then I will have pictures posted for you guys asap. ^_^ It's an unbelievable deal and I will be extremely disappointed if it falls through.

It has RC-50 Fronts, RC-30 Surrounds, and RC-LCR Center. :eek:

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
It was for sure that he was going to miss Spring Break. He is
up-grading before he opens the boxes.

L

LineCutter

Audiophyte
ok, I'm new here, but........ I guess I'll leave it at that.

M

Melee

Audioholic
I already had Spring Break last week. :( lol

It's not that I'm trying to upgrade....It's that I found an AMAZING deal on Energy RC's that aren't even available in the States now and I'm going to snag them because I probably won't get a chance to again. I'm not sure who wouldn't do the same thing in my position?...lol

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Since you no longer are interested in the infinities, you should post your source for em

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Three sets in one month! And I thought bad with my bedroom system. ;) Four sets of fronts plus a tweeter upgrade in three years. :eek: But I'm all done in that room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis