Energy Power 10 & 12 Subwoofers Preview

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
DOH!! :mad:

Of course there are none available in the surrounding area to demo or buy but I can do a pre-order in store pickup. :(

Well it seemed like a good idea at the time. :D

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Has anyone actually heard these subs? Everything I'm reading here is based on specs.
Mostly the spec's. A lot of manufacturers will embellish their specifications in order to sell a product (does anyone really think the DefTech subs go down to the mid teens?). Energy may not have done that, so what they're quoting could be spot on. If they took liberties with the numbers, and the sub can't even do what they say, that would be an anemic performer. If they are accurate -- and the lower F3 is just 35Hz -- that wouldn't even cut it for some music, let alone HT, so I imagine it would end up being a disappointment for most people either way.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
If they are accurate -- and the lower F3 is just 35Hz -- that wouldn't even cut it for some music, let alone HT, so I imagine it would end up being a disappointment for most people either way.
Yeah, you're right. Whether accurate, inflated or not, that 35Hz wasn't going to cut the cheese. That's why I opted to pass on pre-ordering it. Back to the drawing board. :(

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis