LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
Worth a Redbox rent for sure. My rear surrounds got a work out.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I rented it through on demand. Sound effects weren't half bad even though it was streamed, but the story was choppy and it ended up being a mediocre movie IMO. I don't regret the rental, but I probably wouldn't watch it again.

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
I rented it through on demand. Sound effects weren't half bad even though it was streamed, but the story was choppy and it ended up being a mediocre movie IMO. I don't regret the rental, but I probably wouldn't watch it again.
Redbox Bluray had good separation on the surrounds during the battle scenes. . My Grand Son 10 wanted to see it.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
My Grand Son 10 wanted to see it.
I was going to say that it was reminiscent of the 70's ABC afternoon specials geared toward 10-12 year olds but I didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings. It's worth a rent but if I had missed it I would have been alright with that too.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
it was entertaining for me ... but:

the actors felt like they were cast from Nickelodeon (like the Last Airbender)

the bonzo actor was distracting to the role.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Darn thought this would be a good buy, oh well...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
This series is absolutely one of the best SciFi BOOK series out there! Hands down!

Ender's Game book is awesome. However, the next one in the series, "The Speaker for the Dead" is absolutely a masterpiece. It literally changed my world-view in some aspects, and I can't say that very often.

That being said, I will definitely have to see the movie one day. I hope they didn't butcher it too bad cuz I will be pissed. :mad:

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
I liked the movie but I have never read the book. It's worth a Redbox rent (Bluray) for sure if you have a decent HT 5.1 sound system.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched it this weekend as a Redbox rental. The film was pretty good all the way through until the ending. The ending was really weak I thought. The effects were stellar, surround channels were used effectively and the sub really hit hard in this flick causing something to rattle in my basement. Well worth the rental.

YourDhass

YourDhass

Audioholic Intern
the visuals were perfect and sound was great. unfortunately i walked out of the movies more depressed than ever after watching this. imo you shouldnt waste your time with this joke of a film. do yourself a favor and read the book.

if the film was 3 or 3 and a half hours long, and rated R, then we're talking a totally different story. they just didnt give anything enough time to develop.....

if the movie needs to be 3 hours WHY DONT YOU JUST FCKING MAKE IT 3 HOURS?? ahh my frustration...i waited for literally 7 years for this to come out. now all i can do is cry and re-read the book

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis