EMPtek Impression E55Ti Floorstanding Speaker System Review

S

slammin86

Audiophyte
I went for the b stock e55ti deal and got the matching e56ci center. I am powering these off of an acurus a3x200 amp fed signal from an onkyo 709. I am hoping some of the bookshelves will go on clearance so I can grab a pair and complete the system.

I am very happy with the speakers and posted a detailed review with pics on avs forum comparing them to my monitor 70's and cs2 setup.

W

walker17

Enthusiast
I recently received my emp set-up, e55, e56c.,es1010 sub, e55w surrounds. Overall I am very pleased with the emp speakers. I am having one problem though, I am having a hard time gettinthe sub and mains to blend properly. they sound boomey or tubby in the mid bass region. How are you guys setting the crossover, levels, etc? any help would be very appreciated. Thank you.

walker17

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I recently received my emp set-up, e55, e56c.,es1010 sub, e55w surrounds. Overall I am very pleased with the emp speakers. I am having one problem though, I am having a hard time gettinthe sub and mains to blend properly. they sound boomey or tubby in the mid bass region. How are you guys setting the crossover, levels, etc? any help would be very appreciated. Thank you.

walker17
Examine your subwoofer, and also mains placement.

I run my e55tis large, with 100hz crossover, but that might not work in your room and placement.

W

walker17

Enthusiast
Thanks grant. I am not fully understanding the xover,I have an onkyo 707 and I have the option of full band or selecting a xover point. Not sure what you mean using 100hz as xover? thanks for any help you can give me.

walker17

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks grant. I am not fully understanding the xover,I have an onkyo 707 and I have the option of full band or selecting a xover point. Not sure what you mean using 100hz as xover? thanks for any help you can give me.

walker17
When you set it to full band or what have you, you open up the option of bass mix as being

"Both"

and

"??? + LFE"

with the latter, the sub only gets discrete LFE from movies.
With the former, the sub gets the same signal as the mains. You need to set the bass mix as "both" to get an option for a low pass filter on the sub.

I don't know enough about Onkyos to tell you definitively.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis