emp's hooked up and sound great !!!

J

jkgsxr

Junior Audioholic
I picked up some emp tek speakers e55ti towers, e56ci center and e55wi surrounds during there black friday sale. They replaced my onkyo htib speakers,all I can say is wow what a difference lol. I have not had much time with them yet just got them setup last night but so far they are absolutely night and day difference from my other speakers. I cant wait to get a few movies going with these things !! Next is the avr and sub upgrade :)

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats, the emps are a really nice set, you did good with that sale, that is for sure...

So next is an HSU VTF2 and a Denon 1913, lol... Be careful, you may get hooked..

and don't forget our pictures..

J

jkgsxr

Junior Audioholic
I have pics, just have to figure out how to upload from phone :)

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
I put an order for the empteks as well. Well, after the sale. I talked to Brian at Emptek, and he gave me the sale price, but after he said that I would be getting the speakers after Xmas that was a deal breaker. We are hosting Xmas this year, and I just couldn't wait that long.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I put an order for the empteks as well. Well, after the sale. I talked to Brian at Emptek, and he gave me the sale price, but after he said that I would be getting the speakers after Xmas that was a deal breaker. We are hosting Xmas this year, and I just couldn't wait that long.
I would have waited for the sale price, if you needed speakers for the xmass party, you could have always "borrowed" some B&W's or ML's from Best Buy, lol...

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
Touche. I would have waited also. They are definitely worth it in my opinion

....you sure you don't want them...........

:D

Haven't posted my initial review of the e1010i subs yet as I've only have a few hours with them, but I can say that IN MY ROOM...they sound MUCH better than the rw-12d's. They seem to hit 25hz with a lot more authority actually and when running 1/3 octave pink noise they seem to be smoother across the band. They biggest difference is their, for lack of a better term or explanation, musicality. The rw-12d would get boxy or peaky sounding at the top of it's range (60-80hz)

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I picked up some emp tek speakers e55ti towers, e56ci center and e55wi surrounds during there black friday sale. They replaced my onkyo htib speakers,all I can say is wow what a difference lol. I have not had much time with them yet just got them setup last night but so far they are absolutely night and day difference from my other speakers. I cant wait to get a few movies going with these things !! Next is the avr and sub upgrade :)
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy the EMPs as much I have enjoyed mine.

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
I would have waited for the sale price, if you needed speakers for the xmass party, you could have always "borrowed" some B&W's or ML's from Best Buy, lol...

Haven't posted my initial review of the e1010i subs yet as I've only have a few hours with them, but I can say that IN MY ROOM...they sound MUCH better than the rw-12d's. They seem to hit 25hz with a lot more authority actually and when running 1/3 octave pink noise they seem to be smoother across the band. They biggest difference is their, for lack of a better term or explanation, musicality. The rw-12d would get boxy or peaky sounding at the top of it's range (60-80hz)

Im im sure that I don't want them. I am very happy with my Arx.

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
Yeah the ARX's seem nice also. Just watch out for the peeling veneer issues. Seems very common. If Jon would make them look a little better then I think he'd have even bigger sales.

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
Yeah the ARX's seem nice also. Just watch out for the peeling veneer issues. Seems very common. If Jon would make them look a little better then I think he'd have even bigger sales.
No peeling issues for me. I did a lot of research, and I ended up with Arx, Emptek and HTD. At first, I went with the Empteks due to their sale price. After speaking to Jon from TAI, and I explained to him what I was looking for, he explained to me that the Arx would do pretty much what I wanted. I got them, and WOW! I ended up buying another pair of Arx towers to complete my 5.1.

I'm waiting for Jon to come up with the new towers so I can complete my 7.1 set up.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

Beautiful installation, great job!

I suggest running the E55's fullrange and setting the sub channel XOVER to 80Hz. This will give you lots of bass punch. Don't worry about overdriving the E55s with bass as they are mechanically limited not to bottom out.

J

jkgsxr

Junior Audioholic
20131218_171223 (800x600).jpg20131218_171053 (800x600).jpg
here you go one pic with grills on and one off, don't mind the wires not finished playing around yet, gonna make a set of "fancy looking" wires for the speakers waiting for the banana plugs.

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
Beautiful installation, great job!

I suggest running the E55's fullrange and setting the sub channel XOVER to 80Hz. This will give you lots of bass punch. Don't worry about overdriving the E55s with bass as they are mechanically limited not to bottom out.
Thanks Gene. I'll give that a try. My thoughts against running the towers full range + a sub were that they'd double up the bass within that window (80hz and down to where the bass from the e55's begin to roll off enough to not really play a factor anymore). Also, I figured they would possibly clean up a little if I didn't run them that low. Maybe have a little positive effect on bass/midbass reproduction and more dynamic capabilites as I'm in a larger room. I guess it just depends on if I have a null and need some extra dB's in that window where the sub and e55's would be overlapping. I'll have to whip out the SPL meter!

View attachment 12868View attachment 12869
here you go one pic with grills on and one off, don't mind the wires not finished playing around yet, gonna make a set of "fancy looking" wires for the speakers waiting for the banana plugs.

Looks great! Glad you're liking them so far

You know what would look good? ....right between the speakers and the tv stand...on either side.....maybe a pair of...:D

J

jkgsxr

Junior Audioholic

You know what would look good? ....right between the speakers and the tv stand...on either side.....maybe a pair of...:D[/QUOTE]

A pair of rythmik fv15hp'S ? LOL

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Thanks Gene. I'll give that a try. My thoughts against running the towers full range + a sub were that they'd double up the bass within that window (80hz and down to where the bass from the e55's begin to roll off enough to not really play a factor anymore). Also, I figured they would possibly clean up a little if I didn't run them that low. Maybe have a little positive effect on bass/midbass reproduction and more dynamic capabilites as I'm in a larger room. I guess it just depends on if I have a null and need some extra dB's in that window where the sub and e55's would be overlapping. I'll have to whip out the SPL meter!

You know what would look good? ....right between the speakers and the tv stand...on either side.....maybe a pair of...:D
normally I would agree. But since both the towers and subs lack a bit of extension, they tend to help each other out. Try it both ways and see which you prefer. I installed your very system for my sister in law in a large room and full range was the way to go.

B

Bear123

Junior Audioholic
If I could have used tower speakers I think I would have gotten these as well....so damn sexy looking, and cant think of much else as good for the price, especially considering how amazing they look.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis