M

miggs29

Audioholic
I have a pair of E55Ti as the fronts and a pair of E5Ti as surrounds. They all have been level matched with an SPL meter, but the E5Ti sound louder.

If I was doing a blind test, I would have been wrong when selecting the speaker with the bigger sound.

I love the E55Ti towers and the older model, but I expected more sound from the E55Ti. Everything was hooked up properly and leveled.

Anyone has this same issue?

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
A few possibilities;

- Since it has double the midrange drivers, it probably has less distortion, which will sound quieter when level matched
- The e5Tis may be placed somewhere exciting room modes or excess lower midrange energy
- The taller upper midrange vertical dispersion pattern of the e5Ti is causing more energy to arrive from the ceiling and floor thus "sounding louder"
- you're not far enough away from the e55tis for their drivers to ideally sum together

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I have a pair of E55Ti as the fronts and a pair of E5Ti as surrounds. They all have been level matched with an SPL meter, but the E5Ti sound louder.

If I was doing a blind test, I would have been wrong when selecting the speaker with the bigger sound.

I love the E55Ti towers and the older model, but I expected more sound from the E55Ti. Everything was hooked up properly and leveled.

Anyone has this same issue?
If your comparing front towers to rear towers and sitting at the listening position, the rear towers will ALWAYS sound louder even when level matched b/c they are too close to ear level. I rarely recommend using towers as surrounds unless you can put them far enough away from the listening area.

Try towing the E5Tis away from your ears a bit so the sound becomes more diffused.

M

miggs29

Audioholic
Thanks Gene,

I never thought about that. The "want" and "deal" on the E55ti was to good to be true. I wanted the speakers since the day they came out and in hopes of expanding to a bigger room. I will follow your advice.

Thanks again!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis