F

Fowl

Audioholic
Hi Guys,

This is a repost as I made an error and posted this thread in the Amp/ Receiver section.

I am in the process of selling my E55ti as I do not think that these speakers are right for me. I have been listening to them now for several months and have multiple placement options and the sound has improved dramatically.
However they have not met my audio need. I will agree that they play loud and clear, no distortion at all. But I am not lost into the music which is what I want.

I am looking at the below speakers as a replacement for the EMP's and am seeking you guys suggestions on them.

Aperion Intimus 5T Tower
Aperion Intimus 6C Center
OR
Paradigm Studio 40
Paradigm Studio CC-490.

May be you have had the opportunity to listen these speakers am willing to help me in my decision.

Moderators, please delete my previous post in Amp section

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have not heard those EMP's so cannot comment. However, if you could tell us what you do not like about the EMP's we may be able to better help you.
Just saying you didn't like them is problematic because several people have them and do like them.
Is there a particular instrument or song that really disappoints you?
Are there other places where you like the sound?
What is your "reference" for not liking the sound of them? - what speakers have you listened to in the past that you liked?
It may be that your expectations do not fit your budget.

Also, two comments:
1) Unless you have to, don't sell your EMP's until you get the new speakers so you can compare them. Otherwise you can convince your self of anything, or conversely second guess your decision - but you'll never know for certain how they compare unles you have both in your room to compare.
2) Why the Intimus 5 series instead of the new Verus series (Forte or Grand)? Not all updates are upgrades, but it seems like Aperion has invested a good bit of effort into their new lines.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I think I have an idea of what fowl dislikes about the EMPs from what I recall of earlier threads.

First of all, I think he needs speakers with a bit of a midbass (80-300hz) rise and warmth as well as some precense region (4-8khz) boost. You know, "entrancing" speakers.

If he can play around with the graphic EQ settings a bit perhaps we can help him further. Fowl, do you mind going into your graphic EQ on your receiver and boosting the rough regions I recommended by a solid 2-4db?

F

Fowl

Audioholic
I think I have an idea of what fowl dislikes about the EMPs from what I recall of earlier threads.

First of all, I think he needs speakers with a bit of a midbass (80-300hz) rise and warmth as well as some precense region (4-8khz) boost. You know, "entrancing" speakers.

If he can play around with the graphic EQ settings a bit perhaps we can help him further. Fowl, do you mind going into your graphic EQ on your receiver and boosting the rough regions I recommended by a solid 2-4db?
GrateedEv, you are absolutely correct in your assessment of my needs. unfortunately my Marantz is an older receiver and does not have a a graphic EQ. The only thing it allows me to do is to change the cross over point to the lowest of 80hz.

What do you guys suggest?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis