sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Wow, they're back! I own a pair (see my signature) and they're great sounding passive desktop speakers with only one weakness - no bass. They put out wonderfully detailed mids but need to be crossed over to a sub at no lower than 100hz. They aren't big enough to fill a much more than a very small room but when combined with an amplifier or a receiver and a good subwoofer they really rock as desktop speakers.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Arggghhhhh

... >_> Should I do it?!

For nearfield in a 10 x 10 x 8 room, and the location will essentially corner load it so i'm not worried about too little bass >_>;

... i should do it shouldn't I?

Last edited:
B

Benson

Audiophyte
EMOTIVA is selling their 4'' mini bookshelf monitors for $183/pair and Aperion is selling their 4Bs for $220/pair. Those might be a better deal than the EMPs!?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I have these speakers and use them with a Velodyne MiniVee sub for my computer system. People are amazed anytime they hear it. For a small room and a nearfield monitor to be used with a sub, I haven't heard better!

$300 is a great deal provided you use them as noted by myself and others in this thread.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis