GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I wish I had a need for a new system, I would love to have jumped all over that deal... deals like that don't come along very often, especially with free shipping.

D

DHC-3T

Enthusiast
Well all my speakers are on the way...It will be a couple weeks before I get them set up as we are moving across town here next week...Also I need to get a receiver....I am leaning towards the yam 1800 ( If I can get the wife to approve)
The guys at the Audioholics store have been above great in answering all my questions an helping me get this deal...I will be shopping there again soon.
I also went to the local store here and they couldn't even come close to a package like this for the price

D

DHC-3T

Enthusiast
So anyone else get this package or are there any other owners that can post any comments about the system?

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Receiver for EMPs.

Well all my speakers are on the way...It will be a couple weeks before I get them set up as we are moving across town here next week...Also I need to get a receiver....I am leaning towards the yam 1800 ( If I can get the wife to approve)
The guys at the Audioholics store have been above great in answering all my questions an helping me get this deal...I will be shopping there again soon.
I also went to the local store here and they couldn't even come close to a package like this for the price
The Yamaha 1800 would be great, but a lower model like the RX-V663 should work just as well for powering those speakers in most rooms.
Enjoy the new gear.

D

DHC-3T

Enthusiast
Thanks JC...The 663 is my back-up If I can't do the 1800. Sounds like with the speakers and either receiver that should do me for awhile to come:D.

cym_city

cym_city

Junior Audioholic
I'm using the Onkyo 606, which seems to be similar to the 663, and its does a fine job for me.

As far as comments about the system, I couldn't be happier. I got my surrounds installed this weekend and I still can't believe the performance I got for the price. Before I came here I was really considering just settling for the Polk Monitor 70's. Thank goodness I didn't, especially since I got the entire system for about the same price as 2Monitor 70's would have cost at some places. All I have to say is a big THANK YOU to the folks here at Audioholics for making people aware of EMP.

C

cbags05

Audioholic Intern
So anyone else get this package or are there any other owners that can post any comments about the system?
I got mine and love them! It was frustrating though because the day after I got them I had to leave on business for three days, so I'm finally getting to play with them. Right now I only have the towers, center and sub hooked up. Running the wire for the surrounds is going to be tricky for me.

I got the Yamaha 863 and am actually disappointed in the video processing. I have to learn about all the bells and whistles though, so maybe it's my fault that it's not operating like i pictured. But the sound couldn't be better (for a beginning HT enthusiast).

D

DHC-3T

Enthusiast
Do you guys think that the speakers on this system should be set to Large or Small ? The auto set-up and the person that installed everything thought that was best...It sounds great but I was just wondering.

cym_city

cym_city

Junior Audioholic
Do you guys think that the speakers on this system should be set to Large or Small ? The auto set-up and the person that installed everything thought that was best...It sounds great but I was just wondering.
I would post the link to the forum but I have less than 5 post. If you search there is a pretty good article that started back in 2002 about setting them large or small.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
small...always....

V

vtsteevo

Enthusiast
Chrisberry,

Now that you've got the sub, what did you set your crossover to? I can't get any base out of these speakers as well, but the mids and the highs sound excellent!

I didn't have much time last night, so I was only able to remove them from the packaging and hook up the two towers to my Denon AVR-988. I probably listened to them for about an hour. I put in a rap cd, a rock cd, watched a bit of an HD broadcast, and a PS3 game. Besides the lack of bass (I need to get this sub hooked up) these speakers are pretty impressive. By lack of bass I mean lack of bass. There pretty much isn't any. The mids and highs sound really good though!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis