• Thread starter Vaughan Odendaa
  • Start date
V

Vaughan Odendaa

Senior Audioholic
Does anyone know if or when Audioholics will be reviewing this monster? I had a look at some of the reviews of power amplifiers, especially the XPA-2 and how it stacks up to the more esoteric designs and I was quite impressed.

The Pass Labs two channel amp is more than 13 times the price. It does produce more clean power, but it's not a massive improvement I don't think. So I'm thinking to myself, if the XPA-2 measures so well, how would the XPR-5 stack up to these esoteric designs, like Classe, Pass Labs, or Mark Levinson?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My guess is, the Emotiva will NOT measure as well in terms of Crosstalk, SNR, THD, etc, but the Emotiva may sound just as nice.

The Emotiva will never be as popular as those brands or look as pretty. :D

U

unemployed

Enthusiast
The folks on the Emotiva lounge who have purchased them seem to like the XPR-5. It would certainly be a good item for Audioholics to review. How they would compare to the other brands is another matter.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Does anyone know if or when Audioholics will be reviewing this monster? I had a look at some of the reviews of power amplifiers, especially the XPA-2 and how it stacks up to the more esoteric designs and I was quite impressed.

The Pass Labs two channel amp is more than 13 times the price. It does produce more clean power, but it's not a massive improvement I don't think. So I'm thinking to myself, if the XPA-2 measures so well, how would the XPR-5 stack up to these esoteric designs, like Classe, Pass Labs, or Mark Levinson?
Good question. I am waiting on a set of XPR-1s :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The Emotiva will never be as popular as those brands or look as pretty. :D
I think that I've established that I'm not an Emotiva fanboy :D, but I gotta say that amp is pretty. :) I'm not a fan of the moving LED lines, but I think it's a really nice looking chassis.

V

Vaughan Odendaa

Senior Audioholic
gene said:
Good question. I am waiting on a set of XPR-1s
That's crazy. 1 KW into 8 ohms, 2 KW into 4 ohms! Out of curiosity, do you have any other Emotiva reviews lined up? I really wish we could see a two-channel test between an esoteric two-channel amp and the reference Emotiva XPR-2 or XPR-1, if comparing monoblocks. That would be great. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis