Emotiva Xpa3 times two?

selkec

selkec

Audioholic
Would it benefit me any to run 2 xpa-3's to my front 3 speakers? All 3 speakers are biampable. I could on #1 xpa-3 run front left woofers, center highs and front right mids and highs. Then with #2 xpa-3 run front left mids and highs, center mids, and right woofers. I can get a good deal on another xpa-3. So what are all your thoughts?

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
But it looks cool.:cool::rolleyes:
If looks were sounds biamping would have great sonic benefits.
Unless you have a deep budget, spend your spare money on speakers, subs, or sound treatments.
I did the biamp thing. With an amp sitting next to each spkeaker with big fat red speaker cables going to each tower. It did look cool, I'll give you that. In the end I sold those big giant amps as they gave no sonic benefit..........or very very little, and the return on my audio dollars was not good.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If those speakers had actual SUBWOOFERS in them, like the NHT Classic Four or some RBH w/ built-in Subs, then BI-AMPING (Active) would make perfect sense.

Otherwise, as others have stated, it would be a complete waste.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
I don't see a sub in your signature!:eek:
Yep. I am subless. :eek::(
The economy has driven my work to nada. Zip. Zero. I sold my big Canton towers at a loss, used the money for the Quad 12L actives, had $400 left that could have went to a sub, but food and rent seemed like the better idea.
I am also getting married, and moving in with my fiance'. The look on her face when she saw all the "spare" gear I have, plus two milk crates full of wire and cable was priceless. Smiles. So no sub till next year if work picks up.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yep. I am subless. :eek::(
The economy has driven my work to nada. Zip. Zero. I sold my big Canton towers at a loss, used the money for the Quad 12L actives, had $400 left that could have went to a sub, but food and rent seemed like the better idea.
I am also getting married, and moving in with my fiance'. The look on her face when she saw all the "spare" gear I have, plus two milk crates full of wire and cable was priceless. Smiles. So no sub till next year if work picks up.
Congratulations on your engagement, and I wish you and your soon-to-be-wife a most prosperous and joyful 2010 and beyond!

selkec

selkec

Audioholic
If those speakers had actual SUBWOOFERS in them, like the NHT Classic Four or some RBH w/ built-in Subs, then BI-AMPING (Active) would make perfect sense.

Otherwise, as others have stated, it would be a complete waste.
What do you consider an actual subwoofer? They sure sound like they have subs in them to me. They are only 7" but I assure you they are subs and with 3 in each speaker they can get pretty low and loud. You might be surprised.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
Congratulations on your engagement, and I wish you and your soon-to-be-wife a most prosperous and joyful 2010 and beyond!
Thanks for your kind words. We are both totally in love. We get married in June and will go to see the redwoods. I am looking at renting the Linkwitz Orion inventors coastal cottage so I can audition those speakers that are set up in the rental house. Sneaky, I know. Smiles.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
What do you consider an actual subwoofer? They sure sound like they have subs in them to me. They are only 7" but I assure you they are subs and with 3 in each speaker they can get pretty low and loud. You might be surprised.
Don't take offenese. I think he meant a speaker that has a subwoofer built in with a sub amp, crossover, and all of a subs controls. His DefTechs have some. I'm sure you're polks go plenty low.

selkec

selkec

Audioholic
no offense taken. :) Just wondered what he considered a sub. I have gotten mixed ideas from five different forums. So now I really dont know what I should do. :confused:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis